Barrel/hop up saftey?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Barrel/hop up saftey?

Postby quigly » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:34 pm

There has been a madbull barrel attached "grenade launcher". Found here. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=24898

Now while I like the idea of being able to have a QD shotgun, I have a worry about the operation of it. It needs a BB to be shot into the base of the grenade, and that is what I am thinking about. It seems like there would be no problem with a low FPS gun, but with a field level gun, it seems like you could be shattering BBs inside of it, then having those pieces falling back into the barrel/hopup.

Thoughts?
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:30 am

The RG-108 is a fun toy. As in... it's somewhat amusing to see someone running around with a dildo on the end of their rifle. It's somewhat underpowered with the amount of BBs you get out of it, and it isn't rated for CO2 (I've seen this done, but I won't recommend it.) It's also kinda pricey, especially compared to all these inexpensive shells hitting the market.

I'm not sure about the BBs shattering or not at around 420 for field play, but I would be worried about fragments getting caught by the rest of the rounds in your mag and tearing up your inner barrel. Never tried it, so take that with a pinch of salt.

With M203s getting cheaper (you can find a clone for $80 or so) and S-thunder offering their grenade pistols, as well as the traditional Madbull push-button launchers, you can find much more practical weapons and enough grenades to be competitive. I think the RG-108 is mostly suited to people who want to use a period-correct grenade on something like an M14 or G3.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Minerva » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:46 am

John_234 wrote:As in... it's somewhat amusing to see someone running around with a dildo on the end of their rifle.

Ah I saw one at CQB city down here in CA. Made me literally roll on the floor laughing when I thought the exact same thing.
"Minerva's hot dog is the biggest"-Minerva
Minerva
Ranger
Ranger

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 am

Incidentally, I went grenade shopping for my M79. The grenades I bought +1'd the RG-108, for the most part.

That's what I call psychological warfare.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Shotguns & Launchers