Mad Max shotgun (double barrel)

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Mad Max shotgun (double barrel)

Postby kapow887 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cP ... s_id=25041

I've heard this shotgun is really cool. I know it wouldnt be very practical in battle, but I would get it more for the "kick a$$" factor. What do you guys have to say about it?
kapow887
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby The Giggler » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Hey man you never know if it is skirmish worthy until you get it :lol:
Haloeclipse wrote:Seriously, a music vid of swat or soldiers set to "Its raining men" would be deliciously awesome.
The Giggler
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kapow887 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Achillesnick wrote:Hey man you never know if it is skirmish worthy until you get it :lol:

Very true, I am sure quality and performance is great, its more a matter of buying more shells.
kapow887
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G36 FTW » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:49 pm

My friend has one of those, and I have to say to date it is one of the most solid airsoft replica airsoft weapons I have come across. It could easily be used as a bludgeon.

As for the shells, they are the real issue.

The 6mm shells that come with it are leaky, and when they work, are cannons (450 fps cannons). When they still worked, my friend used hf123 gas to cut it down to around 360.

After the stock shells were totally kaput, he bought some Madbull golden shells. He made some spacers out of pvc pipe to hold them in snugly, and they worked rather well. However, be very attentive with how often you lube them, as when they leak, they are dead (and are so tiny that they are almost impossible to disassemble/reassemble yourself). To make it worse, they are $70 for either 5 or 6, not terribly economical.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with one of them, as the accuracy isn't great either.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:02 am

I remember using one of this in a heavily jungle, Vietnam-like field with four spare shells. Yes, it's unreliable. Yes, it's unhandy. But it makes this giant cloud of gas and almost bucks in your hand because it's unloading so much at your target. I mean, getting hit with a half dozen 6mm pellets at a similar velocity to an AEG is nothing to sneeze at. Yes, it is completely kick-ass.

The shell design is terrible and it comes apart easily in pouches. It's about as big a pain in the a$$ as a Tanaka shotgun, except it doesn't sound as great when you rack it... because you can't. It's a neat gun, but terribly overpriced and not very useful even in a backyard plinking sort of use.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Minerva » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:26 am

John_234 wrote:I remember using one of this in a heavily jungle, Vietnam-like field with four spare shells. Yes, it's unreliable. Yes, it's unhandy. But it makes this giant cloud of gas and almost bucks in your hand because it's unloading so much at your target. I mean, getting hit with a half dozen 6mm pellets at a similar velocity to an AEG is nothing to sneeze at. Yes, it is completely kick-ass.

The shell design is terrible and it comes apart easily in pouches. It's about as big a pain in the a$$ as a Tanaka shotgun, except it doesn't sound as great when you rack it... because you can't. It's a neat gun, but terribly overpriced and not very useful even in a backyard plinking sort of use.

You're just going to necro every single thing on AP aren't you?
"Minerva's hot dog is the biggest"-Minerva
Minerva
Ranger
Ranger

Postby John_234 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:49 am

I should really stop doing that >.> I do strive to not pass the three month mark, though.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Catch22 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:54 am

As long as he's adding to the thread with relevant information, it's fine.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Shotguns & Launchers