Is this a reliable shotgun?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Is this a reliable shotgun?

Postby JamesW » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:31 pm

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=28
I am going to get this and just wondering if anyones owned it and liked it.
JamesW
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby quigly » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 pm

You should get a shorter version. There is no need to have such a long airsoft shotgun, specially if you actually plan to play indoors.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Rainmaker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm

the retractable stocks on cheap spring shotguns are horrible. every single person I know has hacksawed it off because the stock either broke or wobbled horrible. get a full stock UTG trishot. since the trishots are harder to crank, the full stock makes for a nice sturdy support that lets u keep ur sights on the target while racking the gun. i owned one of these http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=29230
i don't anymore because i needed money and had to sell it for a quick $50
Rainmaker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby PanzerFaust » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 pm

I've taken the wobble out of my stock, by removing the bolt inside the stock tube (required a loooong 4mm allen wrench), putting locktite on the threads and tightening it back in place. I also ended up adding a strip of electrical tape along the length of the tube to keep the stock from slipping while the gun was being pumped. Minor shit really, The gun is worth it IMO for an affordable M1014 style scattergat.
PanzerFaust

Postby gprather » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:04 pm

PanzerFaust wrote:I've taken the wobble out of my stock, by removing the bolt inside the stock tube (required a loooong 4mm allen wrench), putting locktite on the threads and tightening it back in place. I also ended up adding a strip of electrical tape along the length of the tube to keep the stock from slipping while the gun was being pumped. Minor shit really, The gun is worth it IMO for an affordable M1014 style scattergat.

I fixed the wobble by simply tightening the bolt in the stock; and the gun in my opinion is diffidently worth it, it has a nice top rail, and for a collapsible stock it's very stable.
gprather
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VogonFord » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:10 am

Most of Fragistan has a trishot of some sort. We swear by them as backup guns - they always shoot, they are really bloody reliable and they're just good for something of its price. The full stock ones are better, but really if you can find them in stock anywhere these days just get one.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Solid » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah other than wobble stock that can be fixed easily enough, they're good. Shells are cheap enough too, and they work every time.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Switchback » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:51 am

Very reliable. I happen to have a stocked version and one without the stock, and they are extremely consistent and worth every penny. They are absolutely amazing; however, your long barrel version has the same inner barrel length as the shorter ones, IIRC.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby JamesW » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks for the help I'll get one with a shorter barrel and full stock.
JamesW
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Stray » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 am

I own a m1014 I bought from Riddick at a event that was full length it wasn't very expensive I think 40 bucks I love it. The stock is nicely built I haven't has any troubles with it. It hits way to high for CQC but for feild games it's like using my echo1 bolt action but a pump lol. If you want a full size I say go with the cyma. Ask riddick he may still have some from the event still
Stray
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shotguns & Launchers