SHOTGUN! Are they worth it?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Postby TheAirsoftSaint » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys, I'll definitely look into getting one a clone.
TheAirsoftSaint
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby STRIK3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I was close to picking one up from the outlet not too long ago. Dirt cheap, heavy duty, almost regret not getting it now. The advice the gentleman behind the counter gave me is that if you get a shotgun for airsoft, don't expect it to function in the same manner as a real shotgun does in "real life". In airsoft it is, for all intents and purposes, a spring powered long rifle. That being said, however, I intend to go back for it once I get paid :D
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Ham » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 pm

go spend $50 on a bravo 3 and try it out.

I got one for lolz and now i use it as a primary sometimes. they are a shitload of fun and are surprisingly more useful than youd imagine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHW1XlPI9A&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Ham
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Vega » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:56 pm

they are not very accurate, they dont have much range, in my opinion i would prefer a gbb pistol or aeg.
If i pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume. http://forgottensons.webs.com/
Vega
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby Ham » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:28 pm

ever tried them with .25s or .28s? i can get a basketball sized grouping at 75-100 feet. perfectly useful at short-med ranges. its a shotgun, thats what its meant for.

more useful than a gbb in all ways aside from hosing/ quick drawing, in my opinion
Ham
Grunt
Grunt

Re: SHOTGUN! Are they worth it?

Postby millettepatricia » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 am

Yes i think they worth it...I have owned two shotguns, a TM M3 90 Shorty and a Maruzen CA870 "Charger".

The M3 90 used TM's "shotgun shell magazine" and fired three rounds at once. It had fairly decent range - a bit less than the AEGs it was used with and without the accuracy either. Perfectly skirmishable for CQB I imagine.

The CA870 uses a small box-type magazine and fires a single shot at once. It was really easy to cock but surprisingly powerful. It had slightly better range than the M3 90 but still not that of an AEG. Again, perfectly skirmishable for CQB.
millettepatricia
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Milandrew » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:44 pm

As it stands, the Raven is really the only useful shotgun of the three, and that's mostly because it can get high damage while still maintaining almost max conceal. Of the new ammos, 000 buckshot (which you get for free without the Shotgun pack mind you) seems to be the only one really worth it. The rest hurt your ammo capacity so much it's not worth it.
Milandrew
Recruit
Recruit

Postby T-Time » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:14 am

I think shotguns are great for arenas and close gameplay, but they don't do to well on a field. :(
Shotguns will last forever! I had 2, a full metal one and an all plastic shotgun. They lasted for about
6 years. Never had any issues with them. I was very grief-stricken when they broke. I guess it
depends on what shotgun you buy. Do you want shells or no shells? Stock or no stock?
Here is a multi shot shotgun with a stock. It has some great reviews:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1306-de ... stock.aspx

And here is one without the stock:

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1308-de ... otgun.aspx

Hope you find what your looking for!
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 pm

T-time, before answering the OP (original post) read the date of the OP, and see if you're answering a question from years ago or not?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby T-Time » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

ClownBaby wrote:T-time, before answering the OP (original post) read the date of the OP, and see if you're answering a question from years ago or not?

Holy crap! Thanks man! Always forget to check that.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:56 pm

All good
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Previous

Return to Shotguns & Launchers