3 Round Shotguns? Are they OK?

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

3 Round Shotguns? Are they OK?

Postby wikingwarrior » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey I was looking into getting a new sidearm, and I've been seeing good reviews for the 3 shot shotguns on the market, are the non-marui ones very durable, I don't really want to drop 80$ to have it break on me.

Also I've seen multiple companies making what appears to my untrained eye to be essentially the same line of guns (I've seen DE, Bravo 1 and UTG making a very similarly priced line with similar preformance). Do any of these in particular stand out to people here as better then the others?

I'm not really looking for a firm review of these I just want to see if people think these are worth the money and preform well.
wikingwarrior
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: 3 Round Shotguns? Are they OK?

Postby Icepick » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I bought a Bravo full stock tri-shot from AONW a little while back. They're fun to toy around with, but in all honesty you'd be better off saving your money. In terms of accuracy they aren't too shabby, but they can't really hold their own against an AEG due to the disadvantage in firepower.

inb4 people trying to refute this by telling miracle stories about how ___________ killed 90 enemies at __________ with a(n) _________
Please disregard any previous posts made by this user.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby wikingwarrior » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Well I'd be using it as a supplement to my AEG (sidearm) and for CQB, I'm mainly concerned about it breaking on me...
wikingwarrior
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Hamster » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Beat a tree with it. If it breaks on impact, then I don't think it would be worth it.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Junto » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 pm

For backup weapons, you can't really go wrong with one of the tri-shot shotguns. Shells are cheap and easy to carry a lot of, they have decent range, and they rock in CQB. (That last part may be subjective, but I've rocked people with them in CQB. 3-dot welts for everyone.)
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby code789 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:24 pm

even thought the DE/bravo tri-shot looks more towards the lower end side and tend to have inconsistency to how long the gun last compared to a TM, some last a few weeks some last over a year. they are extremely fun to use in CQB or as back up but probably not the best side arm since they don't have a consistent trajectory over long distances

i don't know where you've seen them for 80$ most of models usually only go for about 50$-60$(plus extra shells probably 80$ i guess) if you have other priorities you need to get for airsoft i'd say get the shotgun last, the shot guns isn't really a main gun to use for all the games on AP but for something way under 100$ the trishot is nice having around
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 am

I loved my TSD Tri-Shot. Mine had the longer outer barrel and it looked hot as shit... I'm sad I got rid of it...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby VogonFord » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Pretty much the best backup gun possible. All you have to do is be sneaky in order to use it in field games, which you probably should be doing anyway. They basically never fail and, while not a machine gun, are way more effective than a handgun and are quite light. Just sling it diagonally across your back.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Bircher » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 pm

My first airsoft gun was a UTG M3L(Tri-shot), I don't really use it anymore for anything. It's very nice, ABS plastic. But still. It lasted me since 7th grade and I'll be in 11th within a month.
Bircher
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shotguns & Launchers