Ways to make a replica double feed (Yes I want too)

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

Ways to make a replica double feed (Yes I want too)

Postby Gremshaw » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I am trying to make a trishot shotgun out of an old spring singleshot gun.
I am only trying to see if is possible to do this.

This is only beta testing, so I am not concerned about FPS, accuracy, or consistency (or if its a good idea). I just want thoughts on how I could make it double or rather triple feed to fill the classification of tri-shot.

The hop up is just a short pipe around the Barrel, so I can make a replacement one on my lathe.
Also I have like 4 spare barrels, and a half dozen buckings so I am pretty much free to do anything to the hop up assembly.

I have the moved the slot of the nub forward, so that all three bbs stay in the barrel, and so that the nub does not block the pushing forward of the other two bbs. However, I feel that I must keep the bucking in the same place to keep a good air seal.

The only way I can think of is, that I could shim it in such a way to promote double feeding (its pretty loose).

Any thoughts?
Airsoft: FOR HONOR,FOR GLORY,FOR FUN
Gremshaw
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Vancouver

Re: Ways to make a replica double feed (Yes I want too)

Postby Bulldog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Interesting,

I could tell you how to do it in an AEG, by adding another nub to the sector gear which would allow the nozzle to be pulled back twice for every full revolution.

Also double feeding can be caused by the gap between the nozzle and the hop-up bucking being too far or the nozzle delaying too long before returning to the closed position.

If you had spare nozzles you could experiment with different sizes/lengths

What about putting a stiffer spring in the mag?

Once you do figure it out, they may not have enough air power to leave the barrel :)
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby code789 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 pm

muzzle load 3 bbs into the gun like civil war
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby NFS_Shadow » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:22 am

I've found that since most spring replicas are fairly simple (when cocked the bb is pushed into chamber and then the bolt or whatever is pushed forward pushing the bb into the barrel/hopup unit. However if you work the action again it just repeats this loading process without any other effects. Only problem is one it's obnoxious. Two, it takes time to reload. And three bbs can fall out the barrel if the hopup doesn't have contact farther down the barrel.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Rentax » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Just an FYI, the "Tri-shot" shotguns had 3 inner barrels the feed tube went up to a triangle shaped feed ramp that would allow BB's in when cocking mechanism went to the rear and lock it off when it went forward again. The cylinder had a 3 prong cylinder head (one for each tube) that was also replaced when the mechanism was forward. This is how the TM (and clones) achieved it.
As for the Tanaka shell ejecting shotgun, the shells were just tubes that you could load BB's and the gas would fire through the shell tube expelling how many BB's you placed in line in the shell.

Trying something like this would probably be simpler than trying to recreate the TM clone...
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby skaterboy54 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:52 am

Rentax wrote:Just an FYI, the "Tri-shot" shotguns had 3 inner barrels the feed tube went up to a triangle shaped feed ramp that would allow BB's in when cocking mechanism went to the rear and lock it off when it went forward again. The cylinder had a 3 prong cylinder head (one for each tube) that was also replaced when the mechanism was forward. This is how the TM (and clones) achieved it.
As for the Tanaka shell ejecting shotgun, the shells were just tubes that you could load BB's and the gas would fire through the shell tube expelling how many BB's you placed in line in the shell.

Trying something like this would probably be simpler than trying to recreate the TM clone...

nice very informative ;)
I whipped his a$$ like Jackie Chan with my nunchaku
Jack online head shop Robert
skaterboy54
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Return to Shotguns & Launchers