Operation East Wind IV March 12-20 2011, NE Oklahoma

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Soviet_Kaz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 am

And your point is? I have attended EW II and III where I live has nothing to do with anything except how far I am willing to travel for such an awesome event.
Soviet_Kaz
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Eudorus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 am

I'll be looking at attending this.
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Winner MSW Patrolling challenge, May 2013
Eudorus
Ranger
Ranger

Team: The 144

Postby MillerSA15 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:57 am

Soviet_Kaz wrote:And your point is? I have attended EW II and III where I live has nothing to do with anything except how far I am willing to travel for such an awesome event.

I am pretty sure this ^^^ is the important thing here. He isn't the organizer, he is just a dude that had an awesome time at the game, and wanted us to know about it.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Rabbit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:01 pm

KA-BAR wrote:original poster is from malibu california, and the game is in oklahoma? yea i dont think ill be "pre paying" for this.

Your loss. :roll:
Rabbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Blitzkreig » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Real military equiptment is needed? Issued plate carriers? This kind of thing would be awesome, and I respect everyone that goes out and does it. But I think we should organize perhaps a 5-day event with a little less immersion. Oh, shit, never mind, we don't even have a cool field to play at. PacNW sucks for airsoft.
So long as there are men, there will be wars.
-Albert Einstein
Blitzkreig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Russkie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:37 pm

Blitzkreig wrote:Real military equiptment is needed? Issued plate carriers? This kind of thing would be awesome, and I respect everyone that goes out and does it. But I think we should organize perhaps a 5-day event with a little less immersion. Oh, shit, never mind, we don't even have a cool field to play at. PacNW sucks for airsoft.

Indeed.

One day, I'll hopefully be able to attend this.
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Rabbit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Blitzkreig wrote:Real military equiptment is needed? Issued plate carriers? This kind of thing would be awesome, and I respect everyone that goes out and does it. But I think we should organize perhaps a 5-day event with a little less immersion. Oh, shit, never mind, we don't even have a cool field to play at. PacNW sucks for airsoft.

the gear for Nato is pretty cheap, just old. The Soviets stuff can be pricey. and the NVAs stuff is really cheap.

I suggest going on the EW forum and asking what would be the cheapest way to go, and if you can buy/borrow things from them.
Rabbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiberalPacifist » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:22 pm

If there is indeed going to eventually be a carpool, would it be possible to pick me up in either Tulsa or OKC for the remainder of the trip to and from East-wind? Thats as far as my ins with the airline can get me.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby LiberalPacifist » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

And also, I'd appreciate it if my gun and mags could catch a ride across the country, just to avoid potential problems with big brother. And I'd be more than willing to partially compensate for gas for their passage.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Postby aswayze » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 pm

LP, I am pretty sure we can get you picked up by at least someone. I am sure we'll have guys from both Tulsa and OKC at the event as well as those who are passing by.

Regarding armor. For the US troops PASGT is the armor you are looking for. As Snowman mentioned, these can be had fairly cheap if you are an astute shopper. As Kaz mentioned as well, I get bulk deals on them from time to time and manage to needle the prices down pretty cheap.

@ KA BAR I agree that is pays to look at who is telling you what when it comes to Airsoft events. Kaz has attended the last several East Wind events and has really had a good time out there. He's not "the promoter" but he is part of the East Wind community just like Rabbit and anyone else who attends East Wind. We are very much a community and strive to keep it that way. I am the Nato admin, Tascabe is the East Bloc admin. That's as close to a "promoter" as you are going to get with East Wind. A promoter is a guy who us sitting in a building counting money when you have a problem on the field, an Admin is the guy at the table next to you cleaning his M9 pistol. I.E. We are very involved and are very approachable. As for pre-paying, if you look at the photo gallery on the East Wind website and still doubt we're legit than you probably think the mail man is stealing your underpants as well and there's not much we can do for you at that point.

:D
aswayze
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiberalPacifist » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm

aswayze wrote:As for pre-paying, if you look at the photo gallery on the East Wind website and still doubt we're legit than you probably think the mail man is stealing your underpants as well and there's not much we can do for you at that point.

:D

Don't be so quick to put it past him ;) .
And as for the ride, I appreciate your helping me out on this. I just did the money calculations, and I can afford this. I have begun my saving...
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MillerSA15 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 pm

By my calculations this will cost me, ballpark, $1000 to attend.

The bulk of the cost is in cost of the event, and the cost of not being at work for 11 days (unless someone figures out a way to teleport me there and back, with gear). ~$600.

Then there is the cost of traveling. At this point driving looks like the best option. Having a buddy split the cost (and driving time (which is like 32 hours of driving)) puts this cost right around $200.

The only part that isn't really set is cost to get into kit. The Russian group is the only one I have the guns for, but I would rather go US (unless I am informed that I will get plenty of time on some quality Russian NVGs if I go Russian; not to sound stupid, but if I travel all the way to this thing, where people will be using NVGs to the point they are sick of them, I better be one of those people or I will be very disappointed). I am pretty willing to pay $200 to get all the kit to go, which brings me to my grand total estimate of $1000.

As you can see, most of that is set, and there is no easy way to make it lower.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby aswayze » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh don't worry Phoenix, everybody is sick of night vision by the end of East Wind.

Numbers wise, we run at about a dead heat but the NATO units tend to be a little easier to field than the sometimes clunky but still generally effective Soviet ones. At any rate, if it is night time and you are going on patrol, I'll just about promise you that night vision is no further away than the supply tent no matter which side you are on.

If cost is an issue, do keep East German in mind. That's a VERY cost effective option and as an added bonus, they have nicer gear than the Soviets by and large.
aswayze
Grunt
Grunt

Postby MillerSA15 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 pm

aswayze wrote:Oh don't worry Phoenix, everybody is sick of night vision by the end of East Wind.

Numbers wise, we run at about a dead heat but the NATO units tend to be a little easier to field than the sometimes clunky but still generally effective Soviet ones. At any rate, if it is night time and you are going on patrol, I'll just about promise you that night vision is no further away than the supply tent no matter which side you are on.

If cost is an issue, do keep East German in mind. That's a VERY cost effective option and as an added bonus, they have nicer gear than the Soviets by and large.

What guns are the East Germans supposed to use? The gear list didn't list any (that I saw).
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Postby darkaces07 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm

phoenix1421 wrote:
aswayze wrote:Oh don't worry Phoenix, everybody is sick of night vision by the end of East Wind.

What guns are the East Germans supposed to use? The gear list didn't list any (that I saw).
http://www.operationeastwind.com/egrequired/weapon.html
darkaces07
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to National & International Events