RIP: June 24-26 2011

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby congofal » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 pm

We just got confirmation that the event is endorsed by the Marine Corps League, and Vietnam Veterans of America.

As far as uniform goes , you will need 2 sets of uniforms , you will get wet and dirty , uniforms can be O.D , Tiger stripe ( doe not need to be Vietnam era correct) ERDLs , Duck Hunters.
Boots as long as they are not Tan you are good .
Gear can be M56 , 782 , LC-1 or 2 .
Weapons can be AK , M14 , M60 and any M16/ M4 variant as long as you take all the modern add ons off.
Si vis pacem, para bellum .
Le diable marche avec nous
congofal
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby 8654 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 am

a lot of work is going into this. as far as shuttles go, the club needs a head count by May 1st, that's the drop dead date for registration (civilian talk, last day of registration) so that logistics can be planned. also looking for opfor so if you're lacking nam gear and want to participate, vc/nva is a very inexpensive way to go. as far as gear, there's limited amount, although every effort will be made to accomodate, same with uniforms and weapons. even if a 'rotation' has to be done, those that come down will get trained. as stated, try to have at least two sets of uniforms. Friday night, 6/24 will be Hell Night, not a lot of sleep, wet, muddy and all kinds of 'games' will be played, (evil laugh). This is a 'training' scenario NOT a skirmish. although, as stated, lc-1 and m4 varients will be allowed, the less there is, the more 'authentic' looking it will be.
as far as not finding info on the website, don't know what to say, guns has that stuff posted all over the damn place, maybe not looking?
snake eyes, LRRP or vc? lrrps are accepted yes.
p.t. (excercise for the civilian types) is highly recommended, the p.t. done won't kill you, but it's better to shed some winter fat off of you now.
mre's will be acceptable rations (wannabe LRRP rations), highly advisable to use the 23rd and 27th as travel days. if you plan on flying down on the 24th, you might not make it, the training site is two hours outside of sacramento, CA.
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Alrighty, I just got an M1A helmet with ERDL cover and a set of 1956 gear. I'm going to borrow a friend's M14 if he's not going, and I've got a set of VN ODs ready. I'll work on getting a set of period Tigers.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby 8654 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:12 pm

sweet, i'll let the TopRed know!!! Used to be 'gunnyred' but the old dog went and got promoted. haha
Hey, by the way, don't worry (this is for eveyone as well) about helmets and vests, Recon didn't use them....much. Only in camp when they were on guard or something like that. For this, not needed. Just bring your O.D.'s, or tigers or sateens, and wpn, gear, and you'll be good to go.
Grunt
Grunt

Postby 8654 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

I guess 'top' has been buying up some gear for loaner stuff. so, if you plan on coming down, register at wcoastraiders.webs.com and let them know if you'll need gear. working on more uniforms/wpns as well.
Grunt
Grunt

Postby 8654 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

FYI, last day of registration is May 1, 2011. Register at:
wcoastraiders.webs.com, scroll down to S6 Communications and in the RIP Roster just type your name, email, and mode of transportation. Remider as well, that a Release of Liability waiver will be signed or no participation.
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to National & International Events