Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II

Postby Lionclaws » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Troops,

We do everything by the book. Assistant Chief of Staff, Mr. Josh Warren, and I visited the AO last week after the park gave us the green light.

This past Monday we received notification from the Ranger stating that they would prefer there be no "air powered" (gas gun) guns, and if we would drop the numbers from 300 to 150 pax and change from Sept. 27th weekend to a dead weekend, it would work better because as of this past Monday, Sept. 27th weekend is no longer a "dead weekend" as initially projected. I would to mention that the Ranger's office has ALWAYS been on our side and did everything he could to lock it down. But this last round of frustration is beyond his control.

John Lu, ACoS and I pondered on this and we are rather uncomfortable with the no "air powered" restriction and the unpredictable dates. We were committed to Sept. 27th as were Ft. Worden. While we fully understand safety issues when the park is full, it frustrates us that we essentially have no control over what their sales dept. would book?

As of today, Wed. Aug. 7, 2013, we are suspending TW till further notice. All who paid will be refunded this week. We need some time to re-visit with them to either iron out a concrete commitment without putting ourselves over some cold/freezing/rainy weekend; and if we are forced to seek other opportunities, then, so be it. Ft. Worden is an unique AO, but putting people there over some rainy/freezing dead weekend is not in our best interest.

We appreciate your understanding as we are equally, if not more, frustrated than most as we already committed over $2000 in location scouting lone. That said, we still need to remain true to our folks and keep their best interest in mind.

Erik Hickly
Chief of Staff

http://www.oplionclaws.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=153
Last edited by Lionclaws on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II: Sound Off

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 pm

They changed the survey posting, your link is wrong:
https://www.facebook.com/events/136958563129731/

Of the three locations, I would say I like Fort Worden the best. I just don't see the point of having a Pacific Northwest OP when the AO is completely 100% urban. Fort Worden is surrounded by woods, so I'm digging that option.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby RedSpo0n » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 pm

I went and voted for the Fort - I would LOVE for a shot at the Ridpath Hotel, but not only are LC ops far out of my budget, I'm curious about the legality of the Ridpath, being right in the middle of Spokane and all. Does Spokane have an ordinance that would preclude airsoft in the city limits? Seems so common nowdays, I'd be suprised if they didn't.

And as a brief point of interest for some of you - yes I brought it up here and not on their Facebook intentionally to avoid the direct-drama of nay-saying their huge operation. Not saying they won't have their ducks in a row, just curious. :lol:

Man... what BSP could do with that joint...
With all the pretty flowers and twigs in your ghillie.. perhaps you should take up gardening?
RedSpo0n
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nodachi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 pm

I agree with the sentiment on the hotel, considering how much trouble there was last year with just clearing one building, I don't even want to know what drama would occur in an entire hotel. Not to mention it sounds like a safety nightmare from my initial thoughts.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 pm

RedSpo0n wrote:I went and voted for the Fort - I would LOVE for a shot at the Ridpath Hotel, but not only are LC ops far out of my budget, I'm curious about the legality of the Ridpath, being right in the middle of Spokane and all. Does Spokane have an ordinance that would preclude airsoft in the city limits? Seems so common nowdays, I'd be suprised if they didn't.

And as a brief point of interest for some of you - yes I brought it up here and not on their Facebook intentionally to avoid the direct-drama of nay-saying their huge operation. Not saying they won't have their ducks in a row, just curious. :lol:

Pretty much every city/town has an ordinance about discharging a airsoft gun IN PUBLIC.
Remember there are indoor arenas everywhere in cities and towns.
McNair

Postby drpepper475 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 am

how much is this going to cost? or am i just not seeing it.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby McNair » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:23 am

$150-$200+ most likely.
McNair

Postby Nark » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 am

RedSpo0n wrote:I went and voted for the Fort - I would LOVE for a shot at the Ridpath Hotel, but not only are LC ops far out of my budget, I'm curious about the legality of the Ridpath, being right in the middle of Spokane and all. Does Spokane have an ordinance that would preclude airsoft in the city limits? Seems so common nowdays, I'd be suprised if they didn't.

The Ridpath looks likes it currently vacant, according the wiki page and we would only be playing inside, no outside at all. Legality would be a little easier because we wouldn't have people running around the outside of the building. I'm sure LC would be able to pull it off if they choose the hotel. But I agree with Matt. I would prefer an AO with a mix of urban and wood and Fort Worden looks awesome to play at. Reminds me of Fort Casey in Washington.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah, cramming 150 players into a building might not really work. We'd probably be having stalemates in stairwells and hallways all day. But man that would be a sweet place for a CQB competition.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby AFL-235 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 am

Since there is no set AO yet. Is the date still set for the for August 16-18 ? Or depending of the ao will those dates change?
AFL-235
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Lionclaws » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 pm

There are definitely pros and cons to all three prospective AO's. The fort may have to be pushed to the fall (November) because of tourist season; a request from the park service. The hotel definitely has the potential for clusters. We are expecting to survey the sites the week after Res Storm East.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Catch22 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 am

NOTA
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Lionclaws » Thu May 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Check out the latest info (pics) from a scouting trip earlier this week. A couple interesting and viable options: Fort Worden in Port Townsend and Kaiser Mead Aluminum plant in Spokane. Waiting on final corporate okay's and costs associated with each location before a choice is made.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operatio ... 4448556526

Leave your feedback, it is valued!
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am

I am tentatively in. Depends on Army as usual.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Lionclaws » Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 pm

It's looking like Ft. Worden due to Kaiser corporate.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to National & International Events