Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Re: Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II: Sound Off

Postby AFL-235 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 am

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:You can't just rely on PLs and SLs to manage their guys. They can only do so much if their guys don't want to be managed, which a lot of these "I want tons of trigger time cawadooty" people do not.

I personally like events that either require you to register as a squad, or give very large discounts for squad registration, because it results in small amounts of lonewolf players and a lot of players are already coming in to the game with an organized unit. It's a lot easier for a PL to say "9th Group, go support SpecDet" than it is to say "you random bunch of guys that have never played together before, go support that bunch of guys who have never played together before".

I totally agree with you and think you hit the nail on the head. But I do think there is always an exception in some cases. Like myself, I have only lived in the PNW for 2 yrs and have not had the chance to make it to games that are more milsim based games due to my schedule. I not a big ap forum chatter and havent had the chance to play with/ or meet the more milsim based teams but I myself know how to follow orders, run in squad type units at events like this. And as for the big milsim based teams sometime I feel that teams like that dont always make games better.. GMR..last lc game didnt seem to turn out to good.. but there always acouple bad apples in a bunch. But i totally agree with ya.
AFL-235
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Slow down PNW airsofters. You guys are asking questions that will come. Be patient. Cost, Storyline, missions, etc... will come in due time. All the post in FB confirms is that TWII will be happening and it will be at FT Warden.

I for one am in. I have full confidence that Gabe will plan a great event and will use the lessons learned from LCXII. For those of you who didn't attend LCXII the two main issues for the poor event were too much focus on memorializing Gothic Serpent and poor leadership at the PL level. I know that well designed gameplay and competent leadership are in the forefront of Gabe's mind.

P6
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Reaver » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Expecting people to pull 200 out of there a** the month before may restrict some players ability to attend. I'm probably dropping my plans of attending, make a house payment or take an Airsoft vacation....
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby McNair » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Then plan for $200 now and when it's less, you can stop bitching.
McNair

Postby Lionclaws » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:17 am

News flash: it's less. Same as last year. I will update this post with more info ASAP.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Lionclaws Op Tradewinds II

Postby DRK » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I am interested in coming out to this event, could someone familiar around this location what would be the closest airport? I think it's Seattle...
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dos_Santos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 pm

KSEA is really close, about 20 minutes to the ferry over to Bainbridge Island, then about another hour or so to Port Townsend.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:39 pm

aka Seattle Tacoma International (SeaTac or SEA), for those of you who aren't familiar with ICAO....
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Lionclaws » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Change of Chief of Staff announcement in original post.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Heretic » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 am

PNW THUGS IN DA HOUSE!
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Lionclaws » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 pm

New post at the top.

Also looking for volunteers to step up and fill leadership roles. I know of several people in this community who have the right attitude and skills to be a PL or PSG!

Please head over to the Tradewinds thread in the Lion Claws forums to find more information.

CoS
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby sniperwolf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:59 am

Woooohoo what's up guys just got wind of this game can't wait matt sucks you can't make it was hopeing to be in your squad again anybody else from matts squad last year going this year please pm me but damn the drive is gonna be hell lol see you guys out there
I LIVE BY THE CROSS my crosshairs
sniperwolf
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Lionclaws » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

We are looking for players who are interested in being a part of the admin staff for this event.

Requirements:
1. Must be a Lion Claws Alumni (must have paid to play at any LC game in the past)
2. Must be over 18, mature and responsible.
3. Must be a team player.
4. Must have your own transportation to get to the event.

If you are interested please PM Pharaoh 6 on the forums.

CoS
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Variable » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:33 pm

Variable

Team: APST

Postby Lionclaws » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Update on postponement in the top of this thread.
Lionclaws
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to National & International Events