Oklahoma Invasion 8

This forum is for events held outside of our region. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Oklahoma Invasion 8

Postby cracker » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Oklahoma Invasion 8, 2013
D-Day Adventure Park - Wyandotte, Ok
Labor Day weekend August 30 - September 2

That's right, the long lost Oklahoma Invasion series is back this year, and already right around the corner!

The D-Day field is a truly massive AO, and we're committed to using as much of it as possible. If you've been to this field then you already know how epic the stage already is, so take a look at the posting on our website http://milsimevent.com/events.php?event=OKI8, and forum http://www.milsimevent.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3, to learn more about what we're bringing to this world class venue.

We've got the tried and true styles of play mixed in with some new, and pretty exciting, game mechanics. Take just a few minutes and look at the site; hopefully you'll like what you see!

cracker
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Oklahoma Invasion 8

Postby Switchback » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:09 am

Damn. 18+. I've wanted to go to an Oklahoma Invasion ever since the chopper gunner video showed up on YouTube...
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Chopper used is lame IMO, if it's for MilSim and you can't get a military chopper, just do without one. But the new rule sets that MSE put out for MilSim events sound awesome, hopefully OKI keeps going so I can attend next summer.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Switchback » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Just spent a good 20 minutes drooling over those rules... Wow. That's tight.

You've got a point with the choppers... Red and White does not scream MILSIM.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 pm

I'd rather just see them get a hold of a couple OD Hueys, not terribly hard, and conduct some air assaults. But I understand that there are insurance issues with untrained kiddies piling out of a bird, so whatever.

To be honest I've got a lot of impressionist friends in/around the midwest, so I'd probably just go there to get drunk primarily.
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby cracker » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 am

In war you must use whatever resources you have, including stealing choppers from the Red Cross, apparently :) I tell you from experience that you don't really care what color the chopper is when you're leaning out the side raining BBs on troops below you! I've been on the giving and receiving end of that fight...it's worth it, trust me :)

Saying that, Welshy, if you've got a contact that's willing to let us use a functioning Huey, we'd love to hear more!

Sadly, there probably aren't any helos in the cards for this year. We're concentrating on a different avenue of game play this evolution. You should come and find out what :)
cracker
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

I've heard, sound be interesting. Unfortunately I can't make the trip this weekend, but I'm hoping next year me and my guys can go in force. Considering the new MilSim rule set, which is pretty strict on the grand scheme of things, I'm looking forward to seeing how that will affect the type of person who attends the game. I've got about a dozen friends going, and they'll post an indepth review after the game is over.

Hope the game goes well regardless!
9th Group

Welshy McSheeplove

Postby cracker » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks for the support Welshy! I look forward to meeting you sometime.
cracker
Recruit
Recruit

Postby cracker » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Registration is now open until Monday 08/05 at Midnight

We are pushing the end of the registration period back one week to Monday 08/05 at midnight!

We've gotten the feedback from several people that they need more time before they can sign up. The players are our foremost concern, so we've moved some things around and done what we can to make it work. This is as far back as we can go though, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to take part in the next installment of the legendary Oklahoma invasion series!
cracker
Recruit
Recruit

Return to National & International Events