AA12 (Or Auto-shotgun)

Discuss airsoft shotguns, launchers, and other related equipment.

AA12 (Or Auto-shotgun)

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:56 pm

I have heard rumors of it's existence in the airsoft world, could someone clarify for me?
At least give me some websites I can see.
Superman wears Jack Bauer underwear.
Kenny
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby DRK » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:59 pm

there is no auto shotgun in airsoft. there is classic, gbb from maruzen, and nbb from tanaka and marushin and a bunch of nameless springers. i mentioned a while back on as-r the next *big* thing should be a tri barreled electric shotgun that may or may not be electric blow back. you'd think TM would jump on that idea like a live hand grenade. instead they rather repackage their same aep engine in a different plastic shell.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kenny » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Ok, thanks for the tip.
I still think that someone like Clarence Lai from RedWolf of Jack Mauer from AEX should at least take the AA12 into consideration, cause it would rock.
Kenny
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DRK » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:15 pm

well the gun is rather. thick i should say. so no manufacturer would want to pump out a gun with that much plastic it would need. then on top of that a custom magazine then what shells too ? tanaka or maruzen, if maruzen you then need to have a tank stored in that m16 looking stock or perhaps in the grip. then you gotta wonder overall weight. that and if its maruzen you include the blowback, the tanaka you don't.

if its any interest im having a saiga-12 made. the techs already say how much of a phony pony its gonna be. i have my idea's they have theirs and we are both right on what to do to make it happen. i mentioned this on another site. really your best shot at getting some kind of magazine shotgun that isn't a springer is paying for a tech or DIY get a drum mag with tanaka shotgun shells and do your best to make a DAO-12.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 pm

I've been interesting in a CQB-length MPS AA12 for years now, but the biggest issues are the practical ones.

If they make it GBB, you essentially have a very large pistol. However, it's probably closest to a realistic AA12, especially if you could work it to fire multiple rounds.

If they make it an AEG, then there's no point. Too bulky. Sure, it looks cool, but whats the point?

If they make it shell ejection, can you imagine the number of shells you could go through? And chasing all those shells?

Maybe you could base it off the TM system, but those have no provision for automatic capabilities.

If someone could do it right, I'd be interested. Until then...
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby omega1 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:25 pm

I think it would be easy enough to make a full auto "shotgun" off an AEG style platform. A lot of the shotguns that are proliferating the market nowadays are the spring, single bb type anyway, why not just make a USAS-12 or something and base it off a version 2 gearbox?
What I would really like to see is more companies jump on the three barrel design, and make more models than the M3 and SPAS-12. Or get TM to start making more models.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby DRK » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:38 pm

tm is done. they took a stupid gamble on making a aeg having blowback bolt that sucks a$$ then mags new magazines. thats like when marushin made 8mm bb's looks dumb at first but forced people to use 8mm bb's cause they ported over nearly all their guns to use their caliber. that was a smart business move but quite frustrating in the process. i think sadly there won't be many manufacturers willing to take that kinda risk. just repackage the same internals over different externals. how else do you expect them to have such a high profit margin? i said this over a year ago on as-r. the future of american airsoft is in custom work. if they don't have it you gotta go out and get it(build it).
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kenny » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Ok, give me updates on the Saiga 12, that sounds interesting.
Until then I think I'm gonna wait, and get a job before I get my next weapon.

When I do I'm thinking of an Asahi Bushmaster, or a TM Benelli M3.
Kenny
Soldier
Soldier

hmmm..sounds do-able

Postby Reeko » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:00 am

It might be possible, just make a home made drum mag to use shells, then modify you shotgun to use the drum mag, and yaaaaaaay, except it would be pump action :( noooooooo
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby John_234 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:39 am

A semi or automatic shotgun could be feasible if it utilized a dual gas system like the Hudson M14 a while back.

Imagine the Marushin shotgun style gas system coupled with a semi auto mechanism.
You pull the trigger, it simultaneously fires the BB chamber and cycles the action.
It wouldn't be all that hard. The only part besides the hammer that gets racked on the Marushin system is a single lever to load the BBs into the chamber.

The problem is feeding such a beast with all that gas.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ajdent1290 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 pm

im not too sure how to make all the firing mechanisms work, but an idea could be to take a tanaka shotgun and use its gas tank for gas, mold the body out of fiberglass or abs, and use a mechanism similar to an mgl. ie how you wind up the drum clip before hand so that with each shot it cycles. although that still doesnt take care of the blowback but and eliminates full auto, but its a start.
ajdent1290
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Duniway » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 pm

woo hoo! Necro!
"You will eat the meat folks, because this country was founded on two things. Meat, and war. You eat enough bleeding meat, you wanna kill somebody."
Duniway
Soldier
Soldier

Postby -Shifty- » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Wow, hella f***n' necro posts

11B1O - AUS
-Shifty-
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Blitzkreig » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Who would even want an AA12 airsoft gun? Maybe Ivan...
So long as there are men, there will be wars.
-Albert Einstein
Blitzkreig
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:43 pm

I could see someone shoving a V7 into a Remington 870 body...semi only? Pump sounds cool, but is non-functional.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Next

Return to Shotguns & Launchers