"Blue" Less than lethal M4 from RAP4

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

"Blue" Less than lethal M4 from RAP4

Postby Knuckles » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am

A less than lethal M4? How intimidating would it be for a cop to roll out of his cruiser and level an M4 at you with a red laser dot bouncing on your chest? We've all seen a cop bring out a tactical-black paintball marker with a hopper, hoses and airtank from his trunk. It's not terribly intimidating. I've even seen an officer get into a scuffle with his LTL paintball marker and dump his hopper. Not only does this turn the officer's LTL device into nothing more than a club, it has wasted a huge wad of cash. Those pepperballs are a couple of bucks each and are paid for by your parking tickets.

Enter the RAP4 T68 less than lethal Law Enforcement system. This system is designed to mimic the look and feel of the M4 assault rifle. It is visually intimidating because it looks like a machinegun, and not a gumball machine. While the blue foregrip denotes it as a LTL device, it is awfully hard to see that blue when you're looking down the muzzle.

RAP4 wrote:The RAP4 T68 M4 Blue series for Law Enforcement works with an 18 round detachable magazine. An adaptor is available for using a 200 round hopper when you need more ammo capacity. The RAP4 T68 M4 Blue series is built with an internal flexi-air system with an air tank within the stock, or to use a full size air tank as a stock.

The RAP4 T68 M4 Blue series is extremely powerful and accurate. It has enough power to propel the projectiles over 350 fps for law enforcement use, enabling officers to make difficult shots from 150 feet with the rounds carrying enough downrange kinetic energy to burst on impact.

The RAP4 T68 M4 Blue series markers use various types of projectiles, from training rounds to less lethal rounds, which make the RAP4 T68 M4 Blue the most versatile tool of its kind on the market today

In addition to firing the standard .68 cal paintball, the RAP4 T68 also feeds:
Pepperball filled with Oleoresin Capsaicin (OC) powder
Inert white-powder training round (to simulate the pepperball)
Clear training round (no mess on your gear)
The Reusable rubber trainnig ball or "Re-Ball"

I can forsee a LTL airsoft version already. An M733 with blue furniture could easily be a LTL tool that can be used with CQC scenarios that call for an alternative to plastic-death. For more info, please go to www.rap4.com
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Team: N/A

Postby Amity kid » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:47 am

I like it But I don't think the hospital would let me carry it darnit.
Marine Radiers
Support search & rescue get lost
Amity kid
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:08 pm

That's damn cool. A Less-lethal M4 would add a nice touch to some of the CQC scenarios.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Raging Hormann » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Knuckles wrote:. . .and not a gumball machine.

Awesome. This is the main reason I love airsoft. I am glad to see that paintball products are beginning to mimic real world weapons, makes it more milsim-like.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Knuckles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:41 pm

I just got my RAP4 METS in the mail today--wow.

I'll be doing a review shortly, but my initial impression is that this machine is built for dishing out serious punishment. It came with some hard black rubber LE rounds for "training". These .43 cal .29 gr balls come out at a reported 450 fps or almost 7 joules.

Ouch.
Knuckles

Postby Fury » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:22 pm

I don't really see how functional this thing would be in the real world though when using the pepperballs. You are very limited with the amount of rounds unlike the painball guns that shoot the pepperballs. It is the only time a 200 round hopper makes since andI won't make fun of it.

Is this website turning into a airsoft/paintball site? :roll:
"WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, ONLY WHO IS LEFT."
Fury
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Norseman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Ive got several RAP4 .43 cal guns I'd let go...........CHEAP.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Knuckles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Fury wrote:I don't really see how functional this thing would be in the real world though when using the pepperballs. You are very limited with the amount of rounds unlike the painball guns that shoot the pepperballs. It is the only time a 200 round hopper makes since andI won't make fun of it.

Is this website turning into a airsoft/paintball site? :roll:

It is relevant to MilSim airsoft as it is what the military and law enforcement agencies are using.

We have less lethal bag gun replicas don't we? What are they? Shotguns with a blue paintjob.
Knuckles

Postby miatafreak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:41 pm

Man I hope the PPB gets some of these. That way I can get a chance to shoot one.
miatafreak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:50 pm

I have seen these before in videos on youtube. There are also M16's and 1911's made by a similar company. Some paintballers use them in the same way we use our replica's.
Bigfoot

Return to Airsoft News