Basic Recon School 2011

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Matt » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

Dalb wrote:Seems cool and whatnot, but I do believe I'm with a lot of people.
$150?
Pass.

You get what you pay for. I was at the first BRS shooting video - these guys are squared away. They had more props and gear than any other event I've been to. That includes Lion Claws. If you want immersion, these guys have it. And the more participation they get, the better the event is. Keep in mind this is also a 4 day event.

They had crates full of props, pyro explosions, vehicles, GP tents, personal tents, a full base built, prop guns, insignia, blanks, smokes, oldschool radios and so much more... I'd venture to guess that with each year they've also gathered more stuff.

You guys pay $25 to go turn PVC pipes from blue to red for 5 hours, for christ sake.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby walkingtree » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Wanted 2 go 2 this last year only thing is cost me more in gas then cost of the school It's self .price of old cars ...lol . So is there any other way 2 get there ? Or anyone willing pick up tag along. I would help with gas if so.
walkingtree
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:39 am

Alrighty, my VN fatigues just came in last week. I have a set of black jungle boots. It took me awhile to get what a piss cutter was, but in the Army we call them squish mitten caps.

Would an H Harness and more modern ALICE gear count, or does it have to be 1956?

I'm working on the rest of the gear. You realize you're horrible people and now making me want to get an M16VN, don't you? ;)

BTW still interested in going. The pricetag and amount of gear has scared off a lot of the team, but we're still looking into it (A lot of poor kids on my team).
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Paladin101 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

Walkingtree.If you are willing to go up a week early you can carpool with me. I live in Hillsboro and I am on eof the instructors. Only thing is I am going to be up there for the week prior, so Perhaps you can get in with Darius if you don't want to stay up there that long.

Darius, you need 56 or 61 gear. That being said you can rent a set of deuce gear for like 5 or 10 bucks i think, PM Norseman for more info on exact pricing.
Paladin101
Soldier
Soldier

Postby special agent » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am

In the 80s and 90s , I had to pay $ 1000. up a week , for the L R R P and the Comando training schools i attended. Of course they were a little
more expansave with weapons familiarization, plastics and live fire drills as part of their curriculum.

From what i can see the price is more than fair, just for the self-disciplin that will be developed in ones self.

I will give this site information to a co player here at Gold Hill Or. Hes been reaching out for some training like this.
special agent
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ssgtlou » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:30 pm

walkingtree wrote:Wanted 2 go 2 this last year only thing is cost me more in gas then cost of the school It's self .price of old cars ...lol . So is there any other way 2 get there ? Or anyone willing pick up tag along. I would help with gas if so.

I want to remind everyone that REGISTRATION is mandatory at: http://basicreconschool.eventbrite.com/
Please see our website: http://www.mycorps.us for information about the Marine Corps Historical Assn. We do accept shipments of your gear, and offer a pick-up and drop-off to Spokane International Airport with advance notice. Those who ship gear will be able to claim it right at Camp Basilone. It will be waiting for you right next to your rack. Prepaid return shipping from our commercial address is recommended. Those without prepaid shipping will be charged an additional handling fee.
Darius137 wrote:Alrighty, my VN fatigues just came in last week. I have a set of black jungle boots. It took me awhile to get what a piss cutter was, but in the Army we call them c**t caps.
Would an H Harness and more modern ALICE gear count, or does it have to be 1956?
I'm working on the rest of the gear. You realize you're horrible people and now making me want to get an M16VN, don't you? ;)
BTW still interested in going. The pricetag and amount of gear has scared off a lot of the team, but we're still looking into it (A lot of poor kids on my team).

Darius, glad you got some utilities! And, yes... lol I know I'm just so horrible. lol Remember to order your CA M15A1 (VN) from Precision Airsoft soon- I noticed that they say they're out of stock! As I said on Chat we have many sets of 100% correct 782 gear for rent at $30 for the entire exercise. Those who want their own gear can purchase the set they used for a substantial discount. We use M41, M56 and M61 gear- which are all USMC Vietnam correct. A complete set might cost as little as $80 for suspenders, suspender pads, canteen covers, 4-6 ammo pouches, butt pack and/or compass pouch - rental fees may be applied, making your buy-out cost $50. A similar set up from a well known VN source will cost over $200.
special agent wrote:In the 80s and 90s , I had to pay $ 1000. up a week , for the L R R P and the Comando training schools i attended. Of course they were a little
more expansave with weapons familiarization, plastics and live fire drills as part of their curriculum.
From what i can see the price is more than fair, just for the self-disciplin that will be developed in ones self.
I will give this site information to a co player here at Gold Hill Or. Hes been reaching out for some training like this.

Special Agent- glad you see the value in the Course. Please remember that it's based on an historical course. So the things people learn at BRS may be different than those taught in modern Marines. However, as you mentioned, the self-discipline people learn is priceless, and the unit tactics are unquestionably sound. I look forward to hearing from you.

Semper Memoris!
ssgtlou
Grunt
Grunt

Postby MillerSA15 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Alright I now have an M16 (A3, is it acceptable to have an A3 with A1 heat sheilds?), and the BDUs and such aren't that daunting to me. What I really need to know is how food works for those 4 days.

Do I need to go buy 12 MREs, or what?
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby ssgtlou » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Guys- one thing to remember is that this is not an airsoft game, but rather a chance to travel back in time, and it's not open to anyone who just "shows up." Because live weapons are used, the MCHA does a background check (online) to ensure that we are not breaking laws by providing a firearm to a convicted felon. If you have your own (semi-auto) A1 "retro rifle" yes, you can bring it to Camp Basilone- we will inspect all your gear and firearms to ensure that NO LIVE ammo is unaccounted for.

Please, you need to email: info@mycorps.us, or check the website for correct forms, including a checklist. http://mycorps.us/benefits.html Food, etc. all these questions have answers, but they're in one central place - on the checklist and forms. We do this because it saves us from forgetting something when this event is posted on many forums.

We have complete gear/uniform kts and airsoft M16's to rent. There is really no reason why anyone can't be "correct" at BRS, or at CIS for that matter, because we can provide 99% of everything when you arrive. Imagine boot camp - you show up in civis? That's fine - just bring boots - everything else is available onsite with advanced notice.

By the way, the deadline for registration for the 2011 event (BRS/CIS) is fast approaching. If you want to go- you need to register before 30 April. This should not be a surprise for those who actually checked the registration link: http://basicreconschool.eventbrite.com/ it's been posted since the announcement was published.
ssgtlou
Grunt
Grunt

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:02 pm

"one thing to remember is that this is not an airsoft game"

this is a airsoft forum, not a forum for Reenactors.

so your market is a little thin over here.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby ssgtlou » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you J. Mosher and M. Thomas for your registrations!
ssgtlou
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:55 am

Alrighty, I talked with my friend who was Force Recon back when we weren't alive, and he's too busy to help out as cadre.

Also, I've got a set of OD's in the right time period. I might borrow or get a second set and have to make do with two sets.

Also I've got a helmet with the camo cover (authentic VN era) and some 1956 webbing.

Now to see if I have the time and the money.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Norseman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Just a quick reminder, registration ends at the end of this month. :D
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby ScaredShooter » Sun May 08, 2011 11:23 am

KA-BAR wrote:$150?

with a likelyhood of getting kicked or failed........

good show, have fun with that.

It's like the real military!
I don't think I can handle it.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games