Lords of War II - Rise of the Fallen

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Kuzmen wrote:Amazing game! Had a lot of fun running with the "Lucky 13th". Phoenix, you are a very good squad leader. Pickles, you've got a good sense of humor and a good sense of what a good camo looks like, also apparently we look alike, at least when we are both wearing Flora and Shemaghs.

I was glad to not be alone in the Cause of wearing Flora. : )

I had a great time, along with bringing a friend out for his first time, played with honor and knew exactly what to do.

Some work needs to be done with the how the BM siding works.. or maybe its commands fault for not telling us what is going on, but i killed Both HAMAS and JUICE. Should have just shot Juice. : )

Overall a fun game, a little bit of hacking (Like the guy who runs out to flags in the open to be shot at with 23 people (Yes, Admin count is 23 people) and proceed to grab flag and run all the way back.)

Besides that, with a little more burst, or moving up closer, not much hacking to be had.

Thanks riddick, glad i was able to make it.!
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Team: N/A

GOOD SHIT!

Postby thejerk211 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I HAD A BLAST! I think that some of the admin over did it on the making people move or die shit. But what ever it Larp soft all in all it was great rick ya done good. there was one small thing that is still bugging me. When i got the flag and brought it back a admin stopped me and said it was unrealistic. really UNREALISTIC that seem like a stupid reason to stop game play. and Iv been in the air soft comunity for over seven years i think i know how to call a hit. if there is one. any way good freaking game them scar guys where really on point; and Chesty freaking rocked cocks getting the back area taken for our team.
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Team: W1

Re: GOOD SHIT!

Postby Transition » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 pm

thejerk211 wrote:I HAD A BLAST! I think that some of the admin over did it on the making people move or die shit. But what ever it Larp soft all in all it was great rick ya done good. there was one small thing that is still bugging me. When i got the flag and brought it back a admin stopped me and said it was unrealistic. really UNREALISTIC that seem like a stupid reason to stop game play. and Iv been in the air soft comunity for over seven years i think i know how to call a hit. if there is one. any way good freaking game them scar guys where really on point; and Chesty freaking rocked cocks getting the back area taken for our team.

ohh we all know how chesty likes to rock those cocks
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Re: GOOD SHIT!

Postby thejerk211 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Transition wrote:
thejerk211 wrote:I HAD A BLAST! I think that some of the admin over did it on the making people move or die shit. But what ever it Larp soft all in all it was great rick ya done good. there was one small thing that is still bugging me. When i got the flag and brought it back a admin stopped me and said it was unrealistic. really UNREALISTIC that seem like a stupid reason to stop game play. and Iv been in the air soft comunity for over seven years i think i know how to call a hit. if there is one. any way good freaking game them scar guys where really on point; and Chesty freaking rocked cocks getting the back area taken for our team.

ohh we all know how chesty likes to rock those cocks
yes he does!
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Team: W1

Postby 110 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm

If any of you played the Airport level in MW2, you may have seem something similar towards the end of the game. The Red Arm Band team didn't even know what was going on until we opened fired. I felt like I was shooting civilians since no one was firing back.

There was one fellow from WAR that inspired me. Charged an enemy position with an M16 and killed 2 blue shirts and 1 Woodlander, dunno if they were Mercs or the other team.

Edit:

Lots of back stabbing in the game, but with some of the people that did it, I wasn't even surprised :lol:

WAR guy, beer on me if you're ever in the PDX area. That was some crazy hooah hooah shit/
Last edited by 110 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow! What a game. By far the best run event I have attended in my 1.5 years of airsoft.

Thank you all for the positive feedback on my leadership and plan. I spent a great deal of time preparing for this event, but in the end I cannot take credit for the results. The credit belongs to the small unit leaders.

First the Pharaoh crew. They poked holes in my plan and provided alternate courses of action during or pit stop at the roadside burger dive in Vader. They did what all great NCOs do and that's poke holes in the officer's plan to ensure everything is considered. 1-6 was steady and held the line on the west side of the AO. 3-6 was steadfast, reliable, and agressive as ever. 2-6 stepped up to the plate and shinned as I knew he could. 2-6 Sorry for stepping on your toes a few times. I too have much to learn.

Second, the squad leaders and their assistants won the game. There are countless records in history of junior NCOs turning the tides of war. The airborne invasion of Normandy is one of the greatest tales of the value of NCOs on the battlefield. There they grabbed individual Soldiers and banded them together to accomplish the objectives. This is exactly what the EDG SSGs and SGTs did on the field. I saw it time and again and from my vantage point it was what one the game. In the brief I gave you a basic plan and my intent for the day. My hope was to capture that line within the first 2 hours. You guys did it in the first 10 minutes. Amazing!

While the NCOs all did a great job there are a few who deserve to be propped up.

Mikhail - New to the community and all the way from Canada. He stepped up early on with his map design that was adopted by the admins. That contribution to the team made me seek him out to lead a squad. My hunch was right. He took a squad of mismatched players with no home and held the line in the center for most of the day.

Ogre - You are now Pharaoh 5. You took all the crappy jobs and did them without a complaint. THank you.

And last the guy with the beard from Hellscat DOC? I've asked him his name several times and I keep forgetting. SHame on me. I saw him multiple times throughout the day putting together small teams of players and plugging critical holes in the line, capturing critical sectors, and just being an excellent leader all around.

Third, EDG as a whole. You all were valuable. Not one of you gave less than everything you had. You bought into my philosophy and died to self for the sake of the organization as a whole. You experienced the heart and soul of the military as an organization and therefore caught a glimpse of what true Mil-sim is.

APST deserves an honorable mention here. They did not get any sexy missions and didn't get to go deep into enemy territory to disrupt operations. But they almost single handedly held the west edge of our line. From your perspective it may not have seemed clear, but your steadfast dedication to hold the line there was in the same vein as the machine gun teams at Brecourt Manor. You gave 2nd and 3rd PLTs the needed support to push deep into the enemy's lines and capture sector 5. Thank you.

Darius: You put up a good fight. Thank you for my baptism by fire in an airsoft leadership role. Bring your A Game next time and I will bring mine. I played with one hand tied behind my back in order to give your side a chance.

Black marketers. Vogon Ford game ready to deal. He sent a bucket full of candy and cookies with professional business cards to my tent before the game. Juice gave me a two pack of Oreos. I knew right then and there Vogon was my guy. For future reference I have a weak spot for penut M&Ms and Reese's PB Cups.

Looks like LOW3 is in the works for August. Everyone get ready. Don't switch sides. Come ready to give it all and let's see what the day will bring.

P6

PS The machine gunner's names were PVT Joesph Liebgott and PVT Cleveland Petty on the first gun with PVT John Plesha and PVT Walter Hendrix on the second gun. All 4 earned the Bronze Star for Valor for their critical role in silencing the guns at Brecourt Manor.
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby AirsoftoutletNW » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:49 pm

You can find some of the pictures we took on our facebook page. About 140 photos uploaded.
AirsoftoutletNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Hellcat's Doc » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Pharaoh 6, I am just glad that we could be there to help. We all look forward to playing with you and your guys again.
Hellcat's Doc
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sea Bass » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm

You can find my pictures on Flickr so everyone may see! Had some trouble with AP a bit...probably my fault. Not the most technical guy in the world. :3
I hope you enjoy what I have done, and my video should be up soon enough.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59793224@N03/sets/
Sea Bass
Soldier
Soldier

Team: OCAT

Postby Limpy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Sea Bass.

You need to take pictures at games more often, those're nice.
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Postby Icepick » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Sweet! I made it into a picture! :lol:

(I was in one of AONW's pictures too... In the same bunker. :cry: )
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Bloodshot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

indeed limpy they are nice
though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i fear no evil because i am the most bad a$$ mother stinker in the valley...
Bloodshot
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Animal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

1. <Retracted> I went back and I found my post.... Oops

2. Not sure what to think of the event, having run around a lot at WW2 reenactings, it felt very different.
Never the less I enjoyed the event, looking forward to attending the next event, depending on time.

DJ wrote:Found in the weeds at LOW....M-14 mag (?) no markings.

That is an M14 mag, and I am not missing any.
Animal
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nark » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I had a blast running with the Medhi side! Loved the entire thing, great job Riddick!

-SOTA-I got to meet a couple of you guys at Red Robin afterwards and had a great time, you guys are fun to hang with. I can't wait for Ash Bash next month!

-CAG-Great job on taking control of the Medhi side! The platoon leaders helped organize things a lot which was a big help!
-Goodwill-Had a great time running around with you on sunday! we will have to do it again at the next op!
-Tinker-I had fun sitting in the trench with you trying not to die but we got a couple of them didn't we.

-EDG-I didn't get to run with you guys but what I saw I was really impressed by. It seemed that a lot of you guys had real world military experience and you showed it! Congrats on the win
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby RBeran » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 pm

mossy wrote:
To mehdi/EDG: learn some trigger control and target ID... We looked nothing like any other team yet you guys were still engaging us.

Target identification, acquisition, and elimination were NOT a problem for EDG. Neither was trigger control.

Flame off.

This was one of the finest games I have been to in a long time! Solid leadership with excellent chain of command. Honorable play for the most part. Any hacking was dealt with swiftly and decisively.

I am a huge fan of the 15 minute respawn. Also in favor of midcaps only OP's.

To my APST brothers, it was great to run as a full team! We stuck together and got the job done today! Rico, great to have you back in the fray...you added a lot of energy to the team. And of course Tim, solid team leadership...thanks guys!

And finally, Rick Bill and crew, you guys did an awesome job keeping the game fair and well managed. A well organized and run event. Thank You!!

Victory through stealth, and disciplined aggression.
OGRE - Old Guys Rule Everything
RBeran
Soldier
Soldier

Team: APST

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games