1 BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE SOF IMPRESSIONS (MIL-SIM)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby Catch22 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Nah, this hasn't been done before.

The cool thing is, most SF/SOF are moving towards using the same equipment and uniforms. It makes doing multiple impressions easier with a minimal amount of gear.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Unconventional » Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I noticed that, lately. It's interesting how things go along as time passes.

I've always been privy to MJK gear...it's neat to see it progressing across the branches.

One thing that puzzles me is why we didn't go with a digitized multicam, later on, after the initial standard multicam was used. It works really well...although I'm satisfied with the way it works right now. I've used it at work for technical mobile surveillance assignments, gathering evidence and doing case-work on persons of interest in the back-country and its just amazing how well it works.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Unconventional » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:44 am

Falcon7 wrote:Somebody should put all this gear on and take a picture at the end so we can see what the complete loadout looks like.

+1
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snowman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:05 pm

I've actually got most of that kit, either in person or coming in. I'll post some pics when the MBAV arrives.
top lel
Snowman

Postby Unconventional » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Excellent guys...put it up.

After this universal impression post is done and finalized with the gear list, the 4 primary photo angles (photos taken and posted up at the 4 main standing angles...left side, right side, front and back) of a volunteer is done...the next post I'd like to do is another impression kit list with the 4 photos for that one as well and so on for the other impressions...of each of the most current SOF load-outs.

Catch22..you've been helping me organize the postings... if you could be so kind as to post these in sequence and edit them, at your convenience, to reflect the latest gear and uniform changes...that would be great.

The reason I'm attempting to do this is because I haven't seen posts like these put up on forums in a strictly organized way...and that is easy and straight-forward for those who want accurate info and easy to view photos of the SOF impression its..etc. An SOF kit guideline and very visible photo quadrants of each mock operator with the full accurate kit on will be a great demo for everybody.

Let's put up the multiple-impression kit list and kit worn on a volunteer first and then add the others after it.

Let's start with the Army SOF's kit next...The Rangers would be suitable as the next one I'd like to see and then on from there after the Ranger one is completed and displayed as the next post and kit guideline.

Don't post the next kit and photos on this thread...wait until the next one (Army Ranger) is posted and when this one is completed, first. PM Kevin or me if you're sure you have an accurate kit that you'd like to volunteer for the kit photos..etc

My son and I would do at least one of them but unfortunately we don't have everything "perfect" and I see that some of the younger dudes on here have really spent a lot of extra time putting together some darn accurate kits. Now is your time to shine after hearing crap from all of us older folks...lol!
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snowman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Unconventional wrote:Let's start with the Army SOF's kit next...The Rangers would be suitable as the next one I'd like to see and then on from there after the Ranger one is completed and displayed as the next post and kit guideline.

Don't post the next kit and photos on this thread...wait until the next one (Army Ranger) is posted and when this one is completed, first. PM Kevin or me if you're sure you have an accurate kit that you'd like to volunteer for the kit photos..etc

Sounds hot, too bad MJK is the replacement. :(
top lel
Snowman

Postby Unconventional » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Ahh now ..don't cut on MJK..hah!

Alright..list was updated and edited...now let's brainstorm a bit further to get it even more accurate or closer to what it should be.

Look at what was added and critique it even more so we can get this universal set-up finalized and get on the the Ranger set-up.

(-:
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snowman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 pm

HELMET - MICH 2000

NOD Mount - Style varies per branch. USMC and Navy use 3-hole mounts, Army uses 1-hole mounts, USAF uses both. Wilcox L3G10, L2G05 and others, Norotos Shrouds (all 3 variations), OpsCore VAS Shroud

ANSI RATED GOGGLES - ESS Profile or Desert Locust

ANSI RATED PROTECTIVE SHOOTING GLASSES - Oakley 2.0 SI M-frames

RADIO - MBITR/PRC148, Harris, Icom F4S

RADIO HEADSET & PTT - MSA Sordin or Peltor Comtac headset with Nexus or other real brand U-94 PTT

PLATE CARRIER - EI MBAV, EI CIRAS-L, LBT 6094 series, BAE ECLiPSE RBAV-SF , Multicam or MJK

CHEST RIG/PLATE CARRIER - EI RRV or LBT 1961A-R, Coyote Tan, Multicam, AOR1

Pouches - (Army SF, AFSOC = SFLCS kit), (Army Rangers, Navy SWCC = RLCS kit), (NSW = MLCS kit), (Navy EOD = LBT EOD kit), (MFR/MARSOC = FSBE II kit), single pouches can be bought privately, TT, TAG, BFG, LBT, etc. Majority of pouches usually come from above kits.

GLOVES - Oakley SI Assualt gloves, Factory Pilot gloves standard Nomex Flight gloves or Mechanix gloves, Hatch Operators

GPS or WATCH - Garmin Foretrex 301, 401

UNIFORM TYPE - Crye Precision Combat or Field fatigues, Multicam or AOR1

BELT (for uniform pants only) - BHI CQC or LBT riggers belt MJK or khaki tan based color

PADDED MOLLE BELT - Eagle Industries PMB (MJK/Khaki)

KNEE & ELBOW PADS - Arcterx or Crye pads...or no pads at all

BOOTS - Asolo, Salomon, Merell, Scarpa, Danner, Belleville, Oakley, etc.

PRIMARY WEAPON - M4 RIS Block I or Block II, SCAR MK17, MK18 MOD1

SECONDARY WEAPON - Glock 22 or M9

OPTIC - Eotech 553 FDE, ELCAN SpecterDR MPO, ACOG TA31

MAGNIFIER - EOTech G23

Grenade Launcher - H&K M320, Colt M203, FNH MK13 Stand-Alone

I tried to be a little more specific, if anyone wants, I can post either lists or pics of the above mentioned pouch kits (SFLCS, RLCS, MLCS, etc.).
top lel
Snowman

Postby Snowman » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 pm

And here we go. It's for the most part an accurate SF impression, save for the RG Medic pouch. It needs an SFLCS medic pouch, MBITR pouch, and it's slayin' bodies, goodtogo?

ImageImageImage

Please ignore the 557 and 16" barrel... :(
top lel
Snowman

Postby vibora » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Jesus, Snowman.....you need to get a hobby. :D
"Where are you going?"
"I am leaving.....you are about to explode." -Teal'c
vibora
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nec » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 pm

vibora wrote:Jesus, Snowman.....you need to get a hobby. :D

This is his life, he can't.
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby Snowman » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey man, it's a profitable business. ;)
top lel
Snowman

Postby Darius137 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 am

Snowman, you look nothing like a Special Operations soldier.

You don't have enough storage capacity on your rig. You look like a very slimlined Ranger.

SF has to carry a ridiculous amount of gear. Every soldier does in the US Army. They rarely carry light loads, and when they do, it's usually something like a chest rig with mags for 3-6 and a slick plate carrier with civilians and a big beard.

Also it's far too clean and your weapon isn't painted up.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Patrick750 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 am

looks good snow man, just go roll around in dirt and stand in a sand storm. And to darius, i was just watching a documentary on the US SF and they weren't carrying too much gear(but yes a bit more then what snowman is using). Maybe because snowman is a slim 15 year old being compared to bulky 30 year olds, that contrast might give the impression of less gear.
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Catch22 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 am

Come on now. You guys can debate all day weather "he looks SF", but look at the kit. Yes, it's a good representation of all in one SF/SOF loadout. SF, SEAL's, MARSOC, PJ's and Rangers could all use the kit shown.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment