1 BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE SOF IMPRESSIONS (MIL-SIM)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby pulsipher » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Snowyman I love your 16 inch!, is that G&P? can i have that upper?

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Unconventional » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:08 pm

I agree with all of you...LOL! I think the young and the old really make a great combination of info and that is what brings us together on this topic, actually. Good to see that people are contributing in a positive manner.

Just got back from my buddies funeral...not fun at all..but it did help a lot of us realize that life really is precious and that we all (including myself) need to realize the big picture...that not everything is about us...it's really about taking care of each other...after all..aren't we all Americans. Remember that America started out with patriots and people that were, for the most part, in union with each other to create a new country that would be a more happy place to live and enjoy freedom without tyranny and without retards trying to make everybody do what they want them to do.

Contributions is what I asked for, so I have no room to complain....hats off to those who are trying their best to establish this arduous task of trying to get the ultimate, accurate or very close to accurate, multi-SOF impression load-out properly represented.

I consider all of you...as my brothers-from-utha-mutha's...and fellow American comrades...ALL of you...so I want to be sure that is stated here...(-:

Yes, Snow is young and learning...but so am I..even at 40. This whole thing about who wears what and at what time and how they wear it..etc..etc could literally drive us all mad if we kept trying to figure it out and that is because US kits change from location to location...from environment to environment...per command to command...etc..etc. The idea here is just to get the most up-to-date info on what would be the most complete "multiple-impressions" kit, possible. It may just be that it can't be done due to how often it is changed, but we can still try to get a general guideline for it and I think we're getting closer to it as many of you with and without military experience share your voice on this.

For a 15-16 year old...Snow and many others on this site are doing a better job than most teen-age guys his age and definitely more than my son...I can say that much. My 20 year old son won't even get out of bed each day and has serious issues going on with self discipline and it's really hurting our relationship and our ability to progress on to things that I wanted to do with my son in life. I've developed a respect for Snowman and others here on this site after getting to know them a bit more and reading their posts and watching their reactions after us older guys tell them to pipe down about things. That tells me they are trying to grow up and are listening to the older folks about things. Yes, I chewed on Snow a while back but I think he got my drift and understood what I meant so I believe we're on the same page now.

The moral of the story is...all you young guys out there...don't get too caught up in exactness all the time...because if you do that too much...you end up seeming like a uptight 8th grade math teacher...LOL!

Anyway...I'm back and I'll be sewing my fingers off this week to finish stuff that's way overdue. I apologize for that and I will make it up to you. You guys are the most patient dudes I've come across so far..lol!

On to sewing...
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Snowman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Yeah, I was basing my kit more on this guy's Gen2 setup:

He had nothing on the back save for the MBITR, so I assume he takes a pack with him outside the wire. Pretty HSLD, lol. I might get an SFLCS MAP eventually, but for now I'll hang onto the charge pouch.
top lel
Snowman

Postby Unconventional » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Nice work Snow!

So..everybody..have we maxed this out yet or are there more people who want to contribute with photos and/or photos of themselves with the particular kit that this thread is based on?
Darius...Catch..anyone else?
Last edited by Unconventional on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Yeah..sure..let's keep this one open then. Sorry about that...you stated that earlier. I forgot. HAH!

BTW...off-topic...after Darius's stuff is done...I'll be working on something that, as far as I know, nobody has done yet (or they just haven't shared it with anyone). It's similar to what I've been doing with the FCHP's but in a way that allows use of items you may have put away in the attic or have thought of selling. I think the idea I have will work and as soon as the first test run is done...I'll post up and then put up pricing for the mod. It's going to be interesting. Hint: what to do with your older, strap-attachment type knee pads..such as Alta's..Hatch..etc.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Catch22 wrote:Come on now. You guys can debate all day weather "he looks SF", but look at the kit. Yes, it's a good representation of all in one SF/SOF loadout. SF, SEAL's, MARSOC, PJ's and Rangers could all use the kit shown.

If you have a guy with an M4 and one hicap, it's the kind of kit they use, but not enough of it to pull off the look.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Catch22 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Look at his kit. He has all the stuff that would be issued. For any one of those SF SOF loadouts.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Tanto » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Darius137 wrote:
Catch22 wrote:Come on now. You guys can debate all day weather "he looks SF", but look at the kit. Yes, it's a good representation of all in one SF/SOF loadout. SF, SEAL's, MARSOC, PJ's and Rangers could all use the kit shown.

If you have a guy with an M4 and one hicap, it's the kind of kit they use, but not enough of it to pull off the look.

It's also one thing to have the gear, another to wear it like they do. It's the subtle things...
Check out Trip' Tango, the youtube based airsoft tactics guide. http://www.youtube.com/user/TantoLL
Tanto
Ranger
Ranger

Team: LL

Postby Catch22 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:51 pm

This thread isn't "how to wear the gear" but "what gear would they wear"
Catch22

Postby Darius137 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 am

Catch22 wrote:This thread isn't "how to wear the gear" but "what gear would they wear"

It's also talking about a complte SOF loadout, not one or two pieces that they might get issued and calling it a loadout.
Darius137

Postby Catch22 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:52 am

It's a complete load out for a game.

I guess he could roll around in the dirt and throw on a Holloween beard to make you happy.
Catch22

Postby Snowman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 am

Well, the guy I talked to said this is basically what they are required to carry:

Mags (have)
Comms (have comms, need pouch, any old MBITR pouch will do)
Water (In charge pouch)
IFAK (have)

Plus the random SAW pouch for junk and CAT on the back, as well as some means of IFF, be it the admin pouch or the velcro on the sleeves. He also said that they *sometimes* carry packs for those extended missions, but they're based out of a FOB most of the time, so there is sometimes no point. In the case that they do need a pack, it's either a MAP or random 3-day pack, which I have, if you want a pic with that.

Also:
pulsipher wrote:Snowyman I love your 16 inch!, is that G&P? can i have that upper?

Nope, not a G&P, DD EZXV. ;) My M4 was down for work so it could look like this (needs moar crane stock):

Forgive the brown ACOG, I've also seen those on issued weps. I just tossed it on there so as not to cry. :(
Last edited by Snowman on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
top lel
Snowman

Postby Darius137 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 am

Well that's for a Ranger impression.

Ranger Recon use RRVs though and SEALs don't always use armor.

But Ranger Recon also wear full kit loadouts like SF, as do SEALs, so if we're looking for the best SOF universal impression, it'd be a chest loaded out with more 2-mag pouches, an MBITR pouch, knee pads (I still see more SOF with knee pads than Crye. Probably because the crye knee pads fall out when you're low crawling)
Darius137

Postby Snowman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 am

Other guy I talked (Ranger) to said that "rhodesians" haven't been used in years, be it for scout, regular, or recon troops. :/
top lel
Snowman

Postby Unconventional » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am

Did he mention what type of chest rigs, if any, are used, then? Or are they mostly running a myriad of different lightweight armor combo are stand-alone carriers, rather than chest rigs?

Curious as to what's the latest.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment