G&G F2000 first impressions and review! [With Pictures!]

G&G F2000 first impressions and review! [With Pictures!]

Postby Icepick » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:17 pm

To start off, I have to say that pictures do this replica no justice... If you are interested in it, take a look at one in person, you'll truly be surprised!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: When I first pulled this gun out of the box, it felt very heavy, and looked unique. Being that there are so many "high end" full metal replicas, seeing one that externally is almost entirely composed of nylon-fiber was kinda funny. However, it is an F2000, so this is to be expected... Although it isn't a full metal rifle, it still feels like a tank. There is no wobble at all. The material G&G used to create the replica feels fantastic and looks beautiful! (Owners of both say that the real Fn2000 and the G&G feel very similar in terms of body material, and weight.) On that note, the FN Herstal trades look very well done, as well as the other markings on the gun too! The gun has an easy takedown, and the hop-up, barrel, gearbox, and spring are all easily accessible.

REVIEW: After a test fire with .25's, and a day in CQB, I can say that this gun performs GREAT! The accuracy for a stock gun is out of this world, and the ROF is pretty damn good, the gearbox is extremely smooth and quiet as well! But be warned, a lot of things are rumored to go wrong with this gun... Two issues that I've run across are the spring on the magazine catch popping out of place, and the cut-off lever issue. The magazine catch spring popped out of place due to the rough ride during shipping, but after I put it back into place (this required the whole gun to be disassembled) and tested it, it doesn't move at all and I don't think that it ever will. As for the cut-off lever issue? Simple, there is a flat surface on the cut-off lever that needs to be rounded out which will solve all of your issues with it! (This is an issue on ALL of the G&G F2000's.) A few cool features to note on this replica is that all of the screws are in the same exact locations as the real F2000, and the new markings on the stock are very similar to the ones on the real rifle as well.

All and all, this replica has fantastic externals, and the internals are very good too! There are a few issues with the gun, but if you are interested in an F2000 and have the money, I would purchase this.

A few words of caution are that you must be prepared to disassemble the gun to fix any minor issue if it comes up, and you have to be ready to carry around one big son of a phony pony on the field. The weight can be remedied by one of FN Herstal's slings, which are only available through them, there are no replicas yet. (The P90 sling will not work either.)

Sorry for the pictures being taken in the bathroom, it is the only room in my house with good lighting for photos...

The new low resistance wiring:

The "license":

FN Herstal trademark:

The new markings on the stock:

Just a picture of the gearbox:

And a misc. picture showcasing the replica's front end and right side.

If there are any questions you have about the replica, I will be more than happy to answer them! Also, if you want more pictures, I can post them!
Last edited by Icepick on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby league 4 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Performs great compared to what?
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby Icepick » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:30 pm

league 4 wrote:Performs great compared to what?

Good question! It perfoms well compared to my...

Echo 1 M8A4 CQB (which has a madbull 6.03, compression work, gearbox maintenance, and a madbull blue bucking and nub.)

KWA G36C Gen. 1 (springed down, madbull blue bucking installed due to the stock one failing.)

Also, my cousin owns one of Dan's AKs passed through Switchback. And the accuracy is about on par with that.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Sahronax » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:30 pm

I fully support every word of this, though I have yet to encounter any major problems with anything. For the sling issue, I found that a three-point sling with a clip on one end (I believe it's designed for an AK-style) works well. I can probably post pictures if anyone is interested.
Sahronax
Soldier
Soldier

Postby code789 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Icepick wrote:Good question! It perfoms well compared to my...
Echo 1 M8A4 CQB (which has a madbull 6.03, compression work, gearbox maintenance, and a madbull blue bucking and nub.)
KWA G36C Gen. 1 (springed down, madbull blue bucking installed due to the stock one failing.)
Also, my cousin owns one of Dan's AKs passed through Switchback. And the accuracy is about on par with that.

in what way does the F2000 do well compared to these guns? all i see are the names i don't see anything else.
try to avoid liberal statements like:
this replica has fantastic externals, and the internals are very good too!

i can say: "president Obama is one of the best presidents in history" and stop there but people are probably gonna give me hell for saying that screw Obama, Ron Paul for president!

this gun came out last year so you're a little late on the reviews. combining the statements of this review and others like this one:
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/s ... 000&cat=66
the F2000 is an over priced gun at 430$ MSRP(360$ at ASGI). that has mag compatibility issues and minor fixing to do, which the user shouldn't be dealing with when they pay that much
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby BullpupFreak » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 am

This review was very informative and helpful...I also own one of these, but it is the Hunter long barrel model. With mine though, it would sometimes lock up on semi and then sometimes just not work and then I had to go and get it fixed because one of the wires in the rear ( I think it was the negative wire) was torn away from the gearbox? I'm sorry if I don't make any since because I don't know much about the actual parts and how they work, but yeah...so in your opinion, is the short barrel, railed model with FN Herstal trademarks better than the old Hunter version with trademarks?
BullpupFreak
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Icepick » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm

code789 wrote:in what way does the F2000 do well compared to these guns? all i see are the names i don't see anything else.

Compared to these rifles, it is much more accurate, fires smoother, and has the same ROF with an 11.1v lipo at 350 fps as the other rifles do at 300 fps. Another point I have to make is how smooth the gearbox is, and how silent it is inside of the gun. Once it is out of the gun, it still sounds like a normal AEG gearbox, but it is shimmed well. So it's not the noise you'd expect from a JG M4, but it does emit some amount of volume.

code789 wrote:this gun came out last year so you're a little late on the reviews.

Yes, the release of the first G&G F2000 was in 2010. But since it isn't 2010 anymore, they have made a few changes to the rifle. The markings on the replica are different (it has FN Herstal trades), they have improved the wiring, gearbox rigidity, and added a few O-rings in the outer barrel assembly to keep everything nice and tidy. I am sure there are more improvements to be found, but since I don't have the 2010 model I really can't compare the two of them.

Please also keep in mind that the review you linked is of the old G2010 model. I am reviewing the new one, as the old model isn't for sale anymore. So the validity of that review nowadays is questionable...

code789 wrote:the F2000 is an over priced gun at 430$ MSRP(360$ at ASGI). that has mag compatibility issues and minor fixing to do, which the user shouldn't be dealing with when they pay that much

Well to get some, you gotta lose some, right? Mag compatibility really isn't an issue. There is a lip on all of the airsoft STANAG magazines that is too long for the G&G, cutting off a sliver of it does no harm to the magazine and makes it fit and feed perfect in the G&G F2000 as I have tested. (I used the plastic MAG brand M4 midcaps.) I do agree that the user shouldn't have to deal with these issues, but that is just how it is. The cut-off lever issue isn't even necessarily an issue, it just helps prevent the trigger mechanism from locking up every once in a great while. Even if you don't file the cut-off lever (which took about 5 minutes), it is still as easy to fix as taking the gearbox out of the gun and working the lever back and forth a little bit to get it to move correctly. As for the magazine catch spring, it really wasn't that big of a challenge to fully disassemble this replica due to the easy take-down of the gun. And plus, that spring was just bad luck anyways. As you have stated all of the fixes are minor. I bet anybody that could hold a screwdriver could solve these problems.

BullpupFreak wrote:so in your opinion, is the short barrel, railed model with FN Herstal trademarks better than the old Hunter version with trademarks?

Thank you for the kind words! In my opinion, I would rather have this version due to the slightly shorter barrel, which is better for CQB, and the rail on top, which allows you to mount any optic you want and doesn't limit you to the standard F2000 red dot. IIRC there was a way to remove the integrated red dot to reveal the hidden rail underneath, right?
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby BullpupFreak » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Yeah, I can just take of the scope and scope cap, but the rail is lower that yours, so it would be a little hard and expensive to get a red dot that will fit with the scope cap on. If it didn't have the scope cap on then it would look very weird...G&G is supposed to be coming out with an actual f2000 red dot sight, but I don't know when...I talked to them last year over the summer and they said that it was supposed to come out in november of last year...but I think I'm just going to sell the Hunter Model to a collector and buy one like yours

Also, this might be a little off topic, but is there any place where I can buy a black or orange F2000 style flash hider? And where did you buy yours?

@Metzger Meister - would you please? I am searching everywhere for a sling that will work with this weapon because I cannot stand having to put it down after a game or when theres an intermission and taking a risk of someone stealing it..
BullpupFreak
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sahronax » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 am

I have a 2x zoom red dot on mine and I had to buy a riser to mount it on just so I could see through it comfortably.

AS for what code789 has to say, I personally would have to disagree that it is an overpriced replica. I believe I also got a later version of it that doesn't have to deal with the minor fixing, or else I just haven't noticed such issues yet. Probably the latter, knowing my luck. The mag incompatibility hasn't been too much of an issue in my experience, so IMHO I would say it is definitely worth the money spent.

@BullpupFreak: I will try to post some pictures tomorrow.
Sahronax
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BullpupFreak » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 pm

@Icepick - Where did you get your G&G FN F2000? I can't really find one like yours anywhere...I keep finding ones with the FN trademark right above the magwell, but not ones with that and the FN Herstal Belgium F2000 cal. 6mm
BullpupFreak
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Icepick » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 am

I got it from Airsoft GI for $306 shipped through Christmas specials. Although the picture doesn't show the newer model with trades, the new model is the one they are selling.

I ordered it from this exact page.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7429
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby BullpupFreak » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Nice, well I think I'm going to buy the gun and magazines there and then the rest of my stuff from Evike...they still have that 15% off coupon code available right?

Can a vfc scar grenade launcher fit onto this with the f2000 rail system?
BullpupFreak
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Assault Rifles