Magpul PTS Masada GBB Conversion Kit

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Magpul PTS Masada GBB Conversion Kit

Postby Matt » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 am

Spartan Imports' Peter Ho was nice enough to show us the new Magpul PTS Masada drop-in gas conversion kit they've got in the works. There's still a question as to whether or not they should release a complete gun, or if they would release a conversion kit instead for all those folks who have the AEG version. We asked to tear it down and have a look at the parts that would go with the conversion kit. Basically you've got 4 main parts; (pictured below)

1. The lower receiver
2. The bolt assembly
3. The Barrel nut
4. A 1-piece outer barrel.

Lower receiver, top view:

Lower receiver, side view:

Bolt assembly:

1-piece outer barrel:

WA style hopup:

Finally a different barrel nut is required:

So they're still leaning either way on gun vs conversion kit, but it's sounding more like a conversion kit to me because there's already Magpul GBBs in the making as we speak (Example: KWA). It might be better for those guys with the AEG version to have an option to switch. Still, they need your feedback.

It's probably also important to mention that this kit should drop right in, there's no dremel work involved or anything crazy like that. Although Peter did tell us there's a bit of a break-in, the action will get smoother over time with use.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Deathlycobra » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm

I could fap to this.

Anyway I would love to start getting into GBB rifles starting with a masada. Wonder how nice the action and everything will be when its finished.
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby pulsipher » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 pm

I hope they go with the KWA system

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Riddick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:01 pm

How about they fix the reliability issues with their AEG ACR first before developing something else that ARES will most likely screw up for them.

and

what about the PDR? No PDR?
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 pm

pulsipher wrote:I hope they go with the KWA system

Probably not gonna happen. The kit is already designed, and it's WA magazine compatible (and probably some WA internal parts like the blowback chamber). I would have loved to see the KWA Force Velocity system in there too, especially considering the KWA/Magpul PTS collaboration on the LM4 and RM4 series, but the conversion kit is part of the issue.

KWA is very protective of their reputation, and they may not want to put their name on a product that other people install into their guns. They can't guarantee how the product will perform, so they may not want to put their name on it or use their system.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Matt » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I didn't get to go to the MAGPUL press conference because it was last night while I was boarding my flight out. I assume they must have announced what's up with the PDR there. MAGPUL PTS didn't have their own booth this year like they did last year. Only meetings and this conference.
Matt

Team: APST

Return to Airsoft News