Tokyo Marui MP7 gearbox

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Tokyo Marui MP7 gearbox

Postby G36 FTW » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Well, my Tokyo Marui MP7 finally bit the dust today. Anybody know where I could find a AEP gearbox shell outside of the classifieds? Google is failing me.

Proof that Tokyo Marui's guns can break:
Interestingly enough, the gearbox has fired so many rounds that the screws holding it closed have been gradually coming loose.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Re: Tokyo Marui MP7 gearbox

Postby Nodachi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

Well, I will say that the Micro GB is proving to be a little bit weak and that front end tends to be under a lot of stress, so that's sort of a known design flaw at this point. (You'd have think they would have learned after the Version 2, but anyway...)

It is the same gearbox as the Vz. 61 and Mac-10, so those two guns can also serve as a source of parts. (note that the Vz.61 is rear wired, not front wired, but they are the same otherwise.) Bad news is that no third-party company has released one yet, and it's very expensive direct from Marui. (About 8600 yen, I believe.)

My google-fu did turn up a site called www.airrsoftgunrepair.com that claims to sell replacement GBs for $30, but I cannot vouch for how legitimate or reliable it may be. That was the only source I could turn up of the Micro GB.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheLitSquid_3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:14 pm

I've been wanting to reply to this chat for a long time but I'm not sure if anyone still is on anymore. Im a relatively new airsofter whose taken apart and put back together my own rifles, but I've recently had problems with my Tm MP7. It seems that my gearbox has broken as well and i also have this mystery piece that has broken off from inside the rifle and i have no clue what it does or where its from. I also have another small piece i haven't found a purpose for yet so my mp7 has been on the workbench for a few weeks. does anyone have any advice or help? i can post pictures once i figure out how to, thanks.
TheLitSquid_3
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Lolitherapist » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 am

Pmd you dude about your tm
Lolitherapist
Recruit
Recruit

Return to AEG/Electrics