Oregon Airsoft Arena

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Applegate__Airsoft » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm

akiraspeedstar wrote:Finally got around to visiting OAA and it was a lot of fun, didn't have any experiences with someone not calling their hits and I really like how the breaks between games are short. I've been to fields where the wait times between games have been 30+ minutes. They do it right by allowing you just enough time to reload your magazines, fill up gas (if you have GBB), take a quick drink of liquid and get back out to play.

I got some video footage of yesterdays game on my youtube page.

you got a link for your video?
Applegate__Airsoft
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby $tealth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

akiraspeedstar wrote:Finally got around to visiting OAA and it was a lot of fun, didn't have any experiences with someone not calling their hits and I really like how the breaks between games are short. I've been to fields where the wait times between games have been 30+ minutes. They do it right by allowing you just enough time to reload your magazines, fill up gas (if you have GBB), take a quick drink of liquid and get back out to play.

I got some video footage of yesterdays game on my youtube page.

Haha, I'm the guy behind the wall at 8.30. I was the top team's medic for the medic game, someone friendly fired me 30 seconds into it... :evil:
I'm no gearwhore. I prefer "Connoisseur of Fine Tactical Garments".
See me? No? Good.
According to society, I'm too retarded to have life.
"I don't think he knows we're here..." *POP POP POP* *HIT!*
What's gonna work? DUCT TAPE!
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby $tealth » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Sham Shield wrote:you got a link for your video?

Click the Youtube icon in his info on the right side of the post.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Applegate__Airsoft » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:33 pm

$tealth wrote:
Sham Shield wrote:you got a link for your video?

Click the Youtube icon in his info on the right side of the post.

Alright, thanks.
Applegate__Airsoft
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Oregon-airsoft.com » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm

We have always checked lasers but this time the player put it on after he checked in. The laser has been taken away from him and we are now asking players to show us all lasers and only allowing the proper ones in the arena.

The OAA
Oregon-airsoft.com
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Frosty126 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Oregon-airsoft.com wrote:We have always checked lasers but this time the player put it on after he checked in. The laser has been taken away from him and we are now asking players to show us all lasers and only allowing the proper ones in the arena.

The OAA

It's great to hear this! Thanks for the reply.
Frosty126
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SA12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:24 pm

What had happened with the laser?
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 am

I checked my laser specs yesterday and it is 2.5-3.1 mW. Safe enough i suppose...
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby code789 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

dos_Santos wrote:I checked my laser specs yesterday and it is 2.5-3.1 mW. Safe enough i suppose...

there are lots of factors that needs to be taken into account for eye damage with lasers, having a 5.1mW red laser sweep across an eye is nothing to freak out about; but general speaking though having any wavelength under 650nm(red laser) is overkill for airsoft. especially with yellow and green lasers since the eye is more sensitive to the wavelength it emits than the other lasers. if the purpose of installing/obtaining a laser is to cause flash blindness to opponents then that person shouldn't be playing this sport in the first place.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby dos_Santos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:02 am

Thanks for the info; will there be a quiz later?
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Outgunned53 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I am young, but relatively professional. I've been to it once, and decided to only go if I couldn't make the trip to Cali. They play pop music while you play... Ruins the MILSIM atmosphere. Wish there was a place that was more Militaristic.

Outgunned53
Outgunned53
Recruit
Recruit

Team: Blue Mtn.

Postby $tealth » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Hamster wrote:
Outgunned53 wrote:Ruins the MILSIM atmosphere. Wish there was a place that was more Militaristic.

Outgunned53

There was no MILSIM atmosphere in the first place.

Search somewhere else.

And people only go there to shoot each other and try to find an excuse to exercise.

And what's militaristic about children shooting each other in a warehouse with pink/black AR-15s?

This.

There really isn't any milsim to it, occasionally there are a couple people that are sort of trying to do milsim of sorts, but for the most part (at least when I'm there) it's more laid back and not very serious. Which ends up making some pretty funny scenes when it gets down to 3 or 4 people.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Oregon-airsoft.com » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

$tealth wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Outgunned53 wrote:Ruins the MILSIM atmosphere. Wish there was a place that was more Militaristic.

Outgunned53

There was no MILSIM atmosphere in the first place.

Search somewhere else.

And people only go there to shoot each other and try to find an excuse to exercise.

And what's militaristic about children shooting each other in a warehouse with pink/black AR-15s?

This.

There really isn't any milsim to it, occasionally there are a couple people that are sort of trying to do milsim of sorts, but for the most part (at least when I'm there) it's more laid back and not very serious. Which ends up making some pretty funny scenes when it gets down to 3 or 4 people.

Our open play is not set up to be MILSIM, if you want MILSIM then you need to come to one of our MILSIM events. We have talked to Matt from AP and have offered to do a AP night on a regular schedule so that you guys can get in some MILSIM, if you are interested let us know what days and times would be best for you. We have also just put in a full high end pistol and rifle range and are working on a full electronic IPSC Shooting course for your training needs. You can complain or you can let us know what you want and we can set it up for you and your team. We have many teams that train here (including law enforcement) that have no complaints, the only complaints come from players that come to open play looking for a MILSIM event. Open play is meant to bring in more players to the sport of airsoft and for just having a good time.

The OAA (OREGON AIRSOFT ARENA)
Oregon-airsoft.com
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Variable » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:01 pm

A bunch of you guys are totally splitting hairs. If it isn't your scene, don't worry about it and let other people have their fun.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Oregon-airsoft.com » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 pm

We now have our indoor pistol range using the Cybergun electronic system up and running and are working on the indoor IPSC course.
The OAA
Oregon-airsoft.com
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Playfields