Events and fields in Corvallis area

Places to play Airsoft.

Events and fields in Corvallis area

Postby BossBros » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey guys! I am new to Airsoft and am trying to find a place to play. Are there any good fields (including indoor fields) and/or events in the Corvallis Albany area?
BossBros
Recruit
Recruit

Team: PacDT

Re: Events and fields in Corvallis area

Postby ogrejager » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am

Your mom's room?

In a sentence, no, there isn't.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Chowdberg » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am

The good fellow above me speaks the truth.
I'm in the Monmouth area, but I attended highschool in Corvallis. There are NO officially Airsoft fields in the Corvallis/Albancy/Monmouth area. The closest you'd have to go would probably be a little outside of Salem for anything official.
Unofficially, there are a lot of 'backyard Airsofters' in Corvallis that still Airsoft every once in awhile. I happen to know some of these guys, and we managed to squeeze a quick, nice game in a relatively well sized forested area over the Thanksgiving break.
Though, if you want to the good, real Airsoft stuff, go to (for example) Blackwater Tactical in Salem to get more information. And keep your eyes peeled on the forums and stuff.
I'd tell you to be careful. It's not the Tank you need to fear.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RR KBAB

Postby BossBros » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks you for the advice. if anyone is interested, I was considering starting a Corvallis area squad team thing. I will start another thread about that though. I am not too concerned about going to OFFICIAL airsoft fields, i would just like to be able to participate in some kind of airsoft game with some people.
BossBros
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Variable » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Once upon a time Corvallis area people used to play near Woods Creek rd out past Philomath. Not sure on the legality, its state land IIRC, so you'd probably just need to put a call in to Benton Sheriffs before going up there.

If I thought people would show I might put in the effort of organizing something.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby BossBros » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Variable wrote:If I thought people would show I might put in the effort of organizing something.

that would be amazing, i would definitely go :D
BossBros
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Geoff.Herder » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Im somewhat new to airsoft, but just started taking it very seriously, i bought a 300 dollar G&P gun and I cant get up to portland very often to play. I live in north Corvallis near winco and im dying to meet people to play with in the area. PLEASE HIT ME UP haha, Id very much apreciate if someone kept me in the loop of organized games in this area and maybe even day trips up to official fields! so please pleas pleaseeee text me your names and i will save you in my phone and perhaps we can all meet up and play! - Geoffrey Herder 541 231 7790 :D
Geoff.Herder
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby muu » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Came back to the area a few months ago. Haven't played in ages and honestly the woodland stuff (which is about all you can do around here) isn't my cup of tea, but I'd be interested in checking out the newfangled gear that's come out in the last few years.

Way back when we had a club going at OSU. Recall one of the fellows nearly blinded himself shooting himself in the eye with his AEG while drunk, among other odd things. Still got my set of guns but I'm not sure those NiCads can hold a charge anymore.
muu
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Junto » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Woods Creek Road was a crap playfield. One path and a sheer hill. Oh joy.

There's already a Corvallis area team and lots of people in Corvallis on other teams. You should come to one of the organized events and meet some people.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby bye » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 am

Eugene area, Lane county really, we've been picking up the activity a lot recently. Is it a "uberl33t" paid event? No, but it is organized, with occasional objective/scenario based games with a plenty large enough field consisting of woods/fields.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AirsoftGaming/

We are hosting an event tomorrow at noon for that matter.

Events are 90% always free. Tomorrow's event is located in the Noti area
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BossBros » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Is there a website or facebook page for any of those Corvallis teams?
BossBros
Recruit
Recruit

Postby kingkillaman » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:34 pm

hey if anyone makes a Corvallis group email me @ jakubhosler@yahoo.com im new to the game and currently buying a cyma m14 so yea hit me up or if there is a team already made link me it
kingkillaman
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Playfields