[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
New Indoor Arena Eugene OR - Playfields

New Indoor Arena Eugene OR

Places to play Airsoft.

New Indoor Arena Eugene OR

Postby razazarak » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey all. I am building up a business plan for a brand new indoor airsoft arena (and if all goes well down the road, get an outdoor arena for spring/summer). I am planning on building this in the Eugene/Springfield area in Oregon hopefully sometime in the first half of 2014. Currently there are only 2 indoor areas in Oregon (portland and hillsboro). I have a couple questions hopefully you can answer for me to give me a better idea of things:

1) Would you be interested in something like that in this area? I am hoping to put it as close to the dividing line between Eugene/Springfield so its accessible to everyone.

2) What type of arena would you like to see? Ive seen arena's that are designed with a house type structure, outdoor/jungle themed, random buildings/objects, etc. I had a thought about a layout of a house and a front lawn but idk how you would like that. Any links to pictures of arenas/game screenshots/live areas you like id be happy to look at!

3) What game types would you like to see happen in the arena? I have a list of ideas but id like to hear your ideas.

Thanks!!!!

Kevin
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: New Indoor Arena Eugene OR

Postby bye » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Mini-MOUT would be awesome. Please don't do a speedsoft style arena... IE, Random cover here and there with slits cut to shoot through...

Hallways, doors, etc. ftw. Make it something that would encourage knowledge of basic indoor fighting, not just run to cover, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT, rinse and repeat...
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby razazarak » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:27 pm

No speedsoft...check!! So with a mini MOUT would you like to see a couple streets with a few buildings that have a few rooms/hallways (possibly 2 stories)?

Ill be honest, im not a fan of painball palace's setup where theres things everywhere and you run and cover (as you described).

Oh and also wanted to point out. I fully plan on adding climate control to the arena so its not hot as all hell.
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby bye » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 pm

So it sounds like you're trying to do this in a warehouse? Like, you're wanting to build a "town" inside of a building?

Streets would be cool, but more so if you can emulate vehicles. But for simplicity sake, just being able to go "house to house" clearing each as you go would be pretty cool. Or make it into one giant building with a simulated floor plan. Like make it say, an apartment level, so you'd have hallways going around and rooms you'd have to enter. Maybe a few bigger rooms for variety... I dunno, as long as it's not a blatant PB palace/speedsoft where it's, random wood wall here and there, i'm sure it'd be awesome.

SEMI ONLY PLEASE, PLEASE. Full auto will take away all need tacticalness. *Lemme just hold the trigger down as i sweep this room.....* Hits everyone including the hostage. -_-
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoboybooma » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:19 pm

That would definitely be awesome i would for sure go there
yoboybooma
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Goliath17 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Rooms would be awesome, maybe like an urban environment. I've always wanted to play in an urban environment but haven't yet had the chance. By urban I mean rooms, buildings, streets; things you would see in the real would. If you made it like that I would definitely make the 3+ hour drive out there :lol: Btw, what's the size of the area you're planning on buying? i.e square footage?
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SA12 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Think of Tac-Ops and Oregon Airsoft Arena and....don't do that. Hallways, doors, rooms, etc. would be amazing and something that I'd be willing to drive to play at.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby mrgoldfishybo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:57 pm

HELL YEAH, I'd go every day!!!!
mrgoldfishybo
Grunt
Grunt

Postby bye » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Seriously though, semi only please. Maybe allow 400fps but semi only. But for god sake, no high rof spray n pray, PLEASE. lol
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mrgoldfishybo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:06 pm

i'd say 350 fps limit, semi (maybe some days full auto)
mrgoldfishybo
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Goliath17 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 pm

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bye » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:49 am

Semi only no matter what on at least the weekends. I don't really care what FPS. Face masks should be optional as well...
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:22 am

If this is being held in a ware house I saw a video (don't recall site) that had really tight wire going across like 12 ft off the ground. Going from one side to the other both directions. Then he hung blankets from the wire to make walls. That way you can change your set up when ever you want and it wont take much time. DON'T over fill the warehouse/building!!! That's why my team doesn't play in any of the other indoor places. A 350 fps is pretty low and I hear some say they would like 400 so why not just make it 380? Face mask optional but recommended. Just have them sign waivers. I'd take my team somewhere that had actually something you can work as a team rather then take 2 steps and your behind another object. Make it so you need some cover fire to get to another point. Also if you have the height why not make some type of decking platform that only goes about 5-6 feet wide and like right in the center of one of the outside walls. Have some cover up there but that way you have spotters and that would help with communication which a few have problems with.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:38 am

Cyclops, unfortunately the face mask requirement is often because of insurance. Any arena operating without requiring full face and ear protection is probably voiding their policy.

I'd +1 for real world environments. The other arenas don't have doors, hallways or real floor plans. So you can never actually practice real entry tactics. Although this comes up every time somebody says they are starting an arena and none of them actually do it. You're in for a lot of work and you're going to spend a lot of $$$. You'll probably just give up and spread a bunch of barrels and pallets around. This is what happens to all other arenas.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby razazarak » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 am

razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Playfields