Dytac and Echo1 Battery Help

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Dytac and Echo1 Battery Help

Postby Damien » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

Greeting friends. Was messing around with my gear before a game this weekend and I was wondering, if anyone knew if my Dytac M4 would handle a 11.1v Lipo or if I should just stick with 7.4v. The gun is completely stock (aside from attachments and stock, old picture of it shown) and I have seen the performance that guns running 11.1 and wanted to know if what I have currently could match that.

I also have a Echo 1 MK17 (Link to specific gun http://www.evike.com/products/34720/) that is also completely stock. Could it also handle a 11.1? Or would it nuke itself immediately? Just want to get the maximum performance out of what I have, as I do intend on upgrading further in the future.
Attachments
G1.jpg
Damien
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Dytac and Echo1 Battery Help

Postby CrossBow » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:20 pm

11.1 is a nice upgrade, great trigger response and a higher ROF and but it does fry trigger contacts (if there is no mosfet installed) and puts a heaver load on the motor and gearbox components.

The Echo 1 only recommends "Battery: 9.6v custom type recommended / 7.4v LiPo" I can't find the same for the DYTAC. I do know people that use a 11.1 in their DYTAC on a regular basis and have not had issues.

My first recommendation for a simple improvement is changing the Tamiya connectors to Deans. After that if you have spare $$ and want to find what parts need to be upgraded in your AEG ... run a 11.1 in one of them for a while. At least you're smart and have a backup weapon as everyone should.

Bottom line is your AEG will fail at sometime ... a 11.1 just will make it happen faster.
Phantom Fury Airsoft
Embrace the Suck
CrossBow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Damien » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Cool stuff. Thank you. There is no Mosfet installed on either, using a 11.1 was just a random thought I had the other day. I plan on upgrading to something better than the Dytac, but at the moment I am just waiting. But I do believe in backup rifles. I have the Dytac, Scar, and if both those fail, I have a GAT and three Combat Machines. They aren't the greatest of all guns, but sure beat a Big 5 special.
Damien
Grunt
Grunt

Postby stryker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 am

I have been running a 11.1v LiPo in my Dytac and would recommend it. You just have to make sure you get a smallish one as the ones with higher mAh don't fit in the cramped battery compartment. I ran the 11.1v for several years before anything in the gearbox finally broke down.
stryker
Recruit
Recruit

Team: FF

Postby Steve » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 pm

I'd also say make sure to pick up some spare fuses. 11.1v LiPos will blow fuses a lot easier than 8.4v or 9.6v packs will (V=IR, so if you bump the voltage but not the resistance, you increase the current flowing through the system).

Aside from blown fuses, I've never had a lipo instantly kill an AEG. But they do shorten the time between buying an AEG and replacing the internals.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Return to AEG/Electrics