Two words cowboy airsoft

Discussion of Airsoft use for re-enactment, WWII/WWI airsoft, Vietnam and more.

Postby Haloeclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Thats a three hour drive from where my mom lives! And she has been bugging me to visit....I wonder if there will be a game this year?

A firefly game like the manicotti games would be awesome.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Team: N/A

Postby Haloeclipse » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 am

I know, life is cruel and unfair :(

I can get a g36 and pretend Im fighting in serenity valley though!
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby Snowman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:59 am

pulsipher wrote:I think its worth mentioning that oregon has the mos ghost towns of any state

Talk to the govt. Fight da powa. Get da permission.

But I would totally do this. Boots, flannel, jeans, a cool hat, and a couple revolvers? I'm in.
top lel
Snowman

Re: Two words cowboy airsoft

Postby Norseman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm going to do this on the ranch.

For under 300 bucks Evike has a Colt peacemaker and a Winchester 1892. For both. Cheap.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Norseman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Cowboy Airsoft Rules:

All Airsoft guns must be,
1. Lever action rifle
2. Single action six gun
3. Double barrel shotgun
4. Break top six gun

FPS limits are as follows:
400-600 FPS - 75 ft engagement distance limit
0-400 FPS - point blank - no limit
Safety glasses are required to be worn at all times.

Old West Dress:

With the popularity of the Single Action Shooting Society it's easy to build an impression. Numerous online stores cater to this time period. Movies like Tombstone are actually very accurate with their wardrobe selections. Watch it to get some ideas.

Some DIY guidelines to remember.
1. Blue jeans were only invented by Levi Strauss in 1873. Trousers came in a multitude of colors and patterns. Cowboys typically shunned blue jeans as common laborer clothing. Cowboys typically wore saddle trousers in black or brown with no butt pockets.
2. Men's trousers of the day had no belt loops, they wore rivet style suspenders.
3. Men wore felt hats of all shapes and styles.
4. Women wore dresses.
5. Gun belts were not of the Hollywood Buscadero style that came later. Most were the Mexican loop style holster.
6. The zipper was not invented until 1893.
7. Leather boots were usually worn outside of trousers, so that your trouser legs did not get muddy. Paved streets in the west did not exist.
8. SASS has something called "spirit of the game" in which it's participants are asked to do their best to dress the part and not try to cheat the rules. We also will strive to carry on this tradition.

Horses are allowed in game play. Please do not target horses! Fly netting or some other form of eye protection is required for horses.

Gameplay:

Grizzly Gulch is an open continuous world. You may either choose to join a faction or remain an individual. You may also form alliances with factions if you so choose. You must also choose an alias for your character. I.E. Deadeye tool, Big Sam, Calamity Jane, etc.

Leave your modern accoutrements at the parking area! Cell phones, flash lights, tennis shoes, etc. Items that must be in game will be hidden with wood, leather, paint, etc.

If you are hit with a non ricochet Airsoft BB, you have two options. You may either send for a doctor or have a buddy or concerned citizen bring you to the doctors office in Grizzly Gulch. This service is not for free. Doctors just like any proprietor charges money for his or her services. Prices will be agreed upon before services are rendered. If you are alone and hit you must wait 30 minutes before proceeding to the Doc at Grizzly Gulch.

If you are shot and wounded three individual times and patched up by the Doc two times YOUR ALIAS IS DEAD. And will be delivered to the ever after upon entrance to Boot Hill. Your in game cash holdings will be confiscated by the Grizzly Gulch territorial bank upon your death. The person will then be forced to pick a new alias and start over in the game.

Your alias if arrested and convicted of murder, attempted murder, theft over 200 dollars, horse rustling, cattle rustling, claim jumping or any crime deemed worthy of a hanging by the territorial judge.... your alias shall be hung by the neck until dead. And will be buried upon Boot Hill.

Each alias is given 50 territorial dollars at the start of its life. Money can be made after that by working for a faction. Gambling. Theft. Mining. Gifting. Assassination. Rewards. Selling wares or services. Rustling. Extortion or Bribes. If you run out of territorial dollars you can purchase more at the territorial bank in exchange for USD.

Main Factions:
Monumental Mining Company

The largest gold mine in the territory. Sends its shipments of gold to the Grizzly Gulch territorial bank. The company also employs the Pinkerton Agency as muscle to protect its gold shipments and keep an eye on its miners.

Rockin M Ranch

Largest spread in the territory. The Rockin M sells beef to Grizzly Gulch and the Monumental mine. And keeps on payroll a large contingent of professional cow punchers that ride the range and protect the herds.

Copper Butte Gang

Highwaymen, Rustlers, stone cold killers and bushwhackers. This gang targets every lucrative industry in the territory. And they will kill anyone who attempts to stand in their way. No one knows the where bouts of their hideout, nor who the members are. It's rumored that some prominent citizens of Grizzly Gulch may be involved....

Grizzly Gulch Gentleman's League

Mostly made up of Grizzly Gulch business owners. Whose business is mainly selling goods and services to the Monumental Mining Company. Including liquor, gambling and prostitution. They also have the town Mayor and Sheriff in their pocket.

Grizzly Gulch

Block house
Saloon
Jail house
Bank
Court house
Mercantile

Rockin M ranch

Barn
Corrals

Monumental Mining Company

Mine shack
Mine
Ore cart
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Real?

When, where?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Norseman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm

It's going to happen on my ranch north of Spokane. As for when I'm shooting for late summer.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:10 pm

I found a Winchester 1873 which unlike the popular Hollywood 1892 really was the "gun that won the west".

http://volanteairsoft.com/product/m1873gas/?ckattempt=1
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Chainmail » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm

That's awesome. I'm honestly considering dropping $300-$400 to put together a kit for this event.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Norseman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 am

I'm doing this regardless if 5 people show up or 500..... would love to see you come out.

I think the Airsoft side will be a tougher sell, but there are hundreds of thousands of cowboy action shooters out there that I just need to convince that Airsoft is cool.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 pm

We have published a CA event.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=43529
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

Posted this up on the SASS board and it has drawn a lot of excitement!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft