Tokyo Marui G17 Feeding Issues

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Tokyo Marui G17 Feeding Issues

Postby andrewcnguyen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello folks,

I've recently acquired a brand new Tokyo Marui G17 that's been pre-fitted with a PGC metal slide (believe it or not). As the title of this post suggests, I am having some feeding issues.

Specifically, when I load the magazine and go for a few shots. It sometimes will shoot the first BB, sometimes it won't. What's happening is that the BB is getting stuck right before actually being placed into the...sorry, I'm not very versed in these technical terms, but what I believe to be the "cup" or something as I've seen someone refer to it as? I may very well be wrong in this, so don't go entirely off of my wording. Due to this issue, the slide won't fully get into battery (that is the term, yes?). Basically the slide won't fully return for the next shot when the BB isn't properly feeding.

I am hoping some pro here can give me some advice on the issue and how to resolve it. I have attached a photo to better explain. Any input (please keep it constructive) will be appreciated.

Many thanks!
Andrew
Attachments
Optimized-IMG_20170503_223453781.jpg
Example
andrewcnguyen
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Tokyo Marui G17 Feeding Issues

Postby Norseman » Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 am

Have you tried another magazine?
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby andrewcnguyen » Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Norseman,

I used it with my WE G17 magazine and it shot fine, so I'm convinced the issue lies within the Tokyo Marui G17's magazine. I have another Tokyo Marui G17 magazine on it's way, so I'm hoping that one will work better. I'm going to compare the lip of the WE to the TM magazines tonight and see what the differences are.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrewcnguyen
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Norseman » Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 am

Good luck!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby andrewcnguyen » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Norseman,

Thank you! I'll post a reply again when I test the new magazine (so future readers can reference the results too).

Thanks,
Andrew
andrewcnguyen
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat May 06, 2017 11:48 pm

If it's working fine with the WE mag, and not the TM, and based on where it's jamming, I'm gonna say the feed lips on your TM mag are not right. I'd check to make sure there are no burrs or anything out of spec on the feed lips of the TM mag. Thankfully, that's an easy and cheap part to replace.

Also, what BBs are you using?
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby andrewcnguyen » Sat May 13, 2017 11:53 am

Hi Jewish Ninja,

Thank you for your input and that's precisely what my thoughts are. I'm going to test fire the gun again to reevaluate the issue. I'll definitely check for what you mentioned. Let's hope that's all that's wrong with it!

I am using some generic brand I bought from Evike, I don't remember off the top of my head. I haven't had issues with these BB's with my other guns, so I'm not too concerned about the BB's being the culprit.

Thanks,

Andrew
andrewcnguyen
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Payback » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 pm

This may or may not be part of the issue. But out of all the g series pistols i have and have had, all have eventually had a weak hammer spring that caused all sorts of issues from not feeding, to double feeds, to not working at all.

It is possible that your not getting the full shot of gas from the shot and causing it to not cycle fully then acting as if it's jammed. I fully upgraded a g-17 and it wasn't shooting for crap until i put in a heavy duty hammer spring.

If you try others and they fail, try the spring. It's cheap and easy to do.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs