G&P/Magpul PTS MOE M4 & Battery/Charger

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

G&P/Magpul PTS MOE M4 & Battery/Charger

Postby cmheap » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm looking at buying this gun soon:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33596

I've looked on evike and can't find any lipo 7.4v batteries that are actually in stock, so I google'd and found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Balance-C ... B004H78RV6

It looks like the same charger that evike lists and the battery is also included and the package price ($50 shipped) is significantly cheaper than evike(@$80 total+shipping)

I'm just wanting to make sure that this battery/charger combo will work and fit in this gun.

Thanks in advance!
- Chris
cmheap
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Nec » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:45 pm

I have a Tenergy 11.1v 20c 1200mAh lipo which I bought off EBay brand new for $25 shipped and a Flame 11.1v 1200mAh 15c lipo (ironic name for a lipo, isn’t it? LOL!) which I bought off KHmountain for ~$20 with shipping. The Tenergy is Slightly longer, but thinner than the Flame.

To answer your main question, Yes the Tenergy 7.4v 1200mAh lipo will fit. The G&P the buffer tubes allow a little bit more battery room than most other brands due it being slightly wider than most. Here are some pictures comparing a VFC buffer tube (very close dimensions to other brand buffer tubes.) to a G&P buffer tube.

G&P buffer tube battery space: Width is 26.19mm and is 100mm long.

While the VFC is a bit longer at ~106mm, the width is only 24.81mm making it an extremely tight fit for both the Tenergy 1200mAh lipo and the Flame 1200mAh Lipo! It’s so tight I wouldn’t dare to pull them out or risk damaging the lipos!

And here is the Tenergy and Flame Lipos in the G&P stock.

Both of these lipos stick out so much that you cannot fully retract the stock inwards. It will have to stick out one position. Picture below shows the battery inside the stock and retracted inwards to the point where the lipo will prevent it from going no more farther inwards.

Best regards, Nec.

BTW, you can find cheaper lipo chargers on ebay, than $50!
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby cmheap » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 am

Wow. Awesome help! Thank you!

One question though-- you're saying a 11.1v will run in that gun stock...? I know that evike is saying it takes 7.4v, I don't want to burn up the gb in a week-- I do plan on overhauling the internals within the next 6 months, but not yet.

I've read that G&P's don't come very well pre-greased out of the box, would you recommend doing a teardown as soon as I get it and regrease/shim everything inside with it as stock? Or just use it and wait until I replace the gb and everything inside later?

Thanks,
Chris
cmheap
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nec » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 am

Run it until it dies! Don't open the gun, just use a lipo until it dies. It will last a lot longer than you think!
cmheap wrote:Wow. Awesome help! Thank you!

One question though-- you're saying a 11.1v will run in that gun stock...? I know that evike is saying it takes 7.4v, I don't want to burn up the gb in a week-- I do plan on overhauling the internals within the next 6 months, but not yet.
I recently installed a MOSFET in a G&P and I must say, I was blown away at the quality and features of the gearbox!

Gears were greased, enough.

One feature I loved more than any was the motor connectors!

Last edited by Nec on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby cmheap » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 am

Wow... those connectors look really strong. That's good to see. I've seen the questionable internal connections of other guns/RC/computers, and that's some of the highest quality I've seen in a while.

Thanks Nec for all the pics! Big help! Which G&P do you have that you're referring to?
cmheap
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nec » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 am

cmheap wrote:Wow... those connectors look really strong. That's good to see. I've seen the questionable internal connections of other guns/RC/computers, and that's some of the highest quality I've seen in a while.

Thanks Nec for all the pics! Big help! Which G&P do you have that you're referring to?
That gearbox is from a G&P M4 CQBr, it was installing a MOSFET for someone.

Infact it's this very same gun, before I installed a MOSFET.
G&P M4A1 CQB-R - http://www.youtube.com/user/hellkills
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby league 4 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

I was also really impressed with my 8mm G&P gearbox. The only problem is my piston stripped after a couple thousand rounds of hard use and apparently they haven't fully fixed the gear axle breakage point.

Someone else with a G&P Sentry on ASM stripped it in the exact same point on the piston. His was also short stroked from the factory apparently.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby chilicon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Nec wrote:
cmheap wrote:Wow... those connectors look really strong. That's good to see. I've seen the questionable internal connections of other guns/RC/computers, and that's some of the highest quality I've seen in a while.

LOL! I was wondering if you were referring to my gun. :lol:
chilicon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nec » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

hellkills wrote:
Nec wrote:

LOL! I was wondering if you were referring to my gun. :lol:

Yes it is. ;)

How's the MOSFET working and aren't you running a Lipo on it? if so how is it doing?
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby chilicon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

It's doing fine, haha. The HUTU I made is working fine with it, but I still don't have a battery charger. :oops: I'm considering just getting a 7.4v LiPo and selling my NiMhs, just 'cause it'd be awesome. Thanks again for installing it!!
chilicon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby cmheap » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Nec wrote:Run it until it dies! Don't open the gun, just use a lipo until it dies. It will last a lot longer than you think!
cmheap wrote:Wow. Awesome help! Thank you!

I recently installed a MOSFET in a G&P and I must say, I was blown away at the quality and features of the gearbox!

I'm still confused as to which voltage of battery to use. 7.4v or 11.1v? The last thing I wanna do is order the wrong battery. That'd suck...

Any help is much appreciated!

- Chris
cmheap
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Cap n pickles » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Nec how do you like the FLAME lipos? Are they okay quality?
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Nec » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Cap n pickles wrote:Nec how do you like the FLAME lipos? Are they okay quality?
Sorry, I skipped over this.
They're ok, they're worth buying from what I can see. They give an average ROF, slightly lower than equivalent G&P buffer tube lipo. The Tenergy does give a slightly more RPS (+2) than the flame. I would get the Tenergy over the Flame if you have space.
Last edited by Nec on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby Limpy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Nec, I know this doesn't pertain to the thread, but you are extremely helpful, thanks for posting all these helpful posts.

Kinda reminds me of Fish from the 1st-Sword forums.
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Postby Cap n pickles » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

Thank you Nec
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Next

Return to AEG/Electrics