USCG MSRT/DOG IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS (MIL-SIM)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

USCG MSRT/DOG IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS (MIL-SIM)

Postby Unconventional » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 pm

This ONE BASIC GEAR KIT FOR A MODERN, 2011 and up, USCG MSRT/DOG IMPRESSION post coincides with the "ONE BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE MODERN SOF IMPRESSIONS" post that was the first part of the series of SOF's kit threads that I'd like to continue with. Though the USCG MSRT/DOG units are not part of the "special operations community" at the present time, they are "special operations capable" and do play a vital role with anti-terrorism and conducting high level tactical operations to keep our shores and other locations safe. Please keep in mind...this is NOT a post to place pictures of actual SOF members..etc on...these posts are for anyone who is an AP member or guest of AP who wishes to demonstrate (via their own photos with kit on..etc) or provide info that will assist others who are serious about doing an accurate impression and who also want to learn and train to the best of their knowledge, about how to operate accurately with a MIL-SIM based air-soft team..etc. The end result should be that we have 4 quadrant photos of the impression by members or a member of the AP site, along with the most up to date (2011 and up) detailed kit list for all to use as a guideline.

This post is not for myself or for my son. We already have "real deal" gear kit put together for 3 SOF's impressions...for the most part, although not perfect...lol! This topic thread is for those out there who want to acquire an accurate/semi-accurate, "real deal" kit/load-out to be used for a USCJ MSRT/DOG impression.

I'd like to see both, "greenside" and "blackside" USCG MSRT/DOG impression kit/load-outs, if possible. This USCG MSRT/DOG load-out impression can be SAW gunner, rifleman, medic..etc..whatever or multi-role if this particular unit has any or all of these positions.

After we get a solid, full-on consensus over a period of time, I'll put up a generally agreed upon kit list right here for the "USCG MSRT/DOG Impression kit". Remember...this is for a USCG MSRT/DOG impression kit, not standard military, PMC or other impressions. AND...this is just for the main kit items, not necessarily what you're going to attach to your kit.

Let's keep this post limited to the following basic items, starting from head to toe:

HELMET -

ANSI RATED GOGGLES -

ANSI RATED PROTECTIVE SHOOTING GLASSES -

RADIO -

RADIO HEADSET & PTT -

PLATE CARRIER -

CHEST RIG/PLATE CARRIER -

GLOVES -

GPS or WATCH -

UNIFORM TYPE (including camo pattern type or solid color type)

BELT (for field/combat uniform pants only) -

PADDED MOLLE BELT -

KNEE & ELBOW PADS -

BOOTS -

PRIMARY WEAPON -

SECONDARY WEAPON -

OPTIC -

MAGNIFIER -
Last edited by Unconventional on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby omega1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Here's pretty much what DSF members are going to be wearing.

Helmet: RBR F6 Mach IV helmet (MICH 2001)
Goggles: ESS Profile NVG
Glasses: ESS ICE
Face: Black Nomex Balaclava
Ears: Liberator headset or Swimmer headset
Radio: XTS5000
Base Uniform: Flightsuit
Armor: Soft IIIA concealable, MARCIRAS plate carrier
Pouches: 2x M4 mag, 2x FB, 1x Gasmask, 1x baton, 1x handcuff, 1x dump pouch, 1x admin, 1x pistol mag, Shotgun pouch (breacher only)
IFAK
Nylon weapon catch
PVS-15 NVG
Surefire Z2
Emergency Strobe
IR Strobe
Lightsticks (green and IR)
Flexcuffs

Primary Weapon system:
M4 CQB-R
KAC RAS
EoTech 552 or Aimpoint 68
ANPEQ-2
Vertical fore-grip weapon light

Secondary:
M-9 Pistol

Thanks for throwing the DOG a bone on this one ;)
We DO have members deployed doing counter piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden as part of TF-151, both from TACLET's and MSST's.
Hopefully next year I can go play with some Somalis myself, because I'm definitely over checking life jackets, flares, and fish.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby omega1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if all the boarding teams in the Persian Gulf are USCG, but I know that we do have LEDETs that operate with the Navy in that area. They'll deploy on a US Navy or foreign warship to conduct boardings of high interest vessels, to enforce laws and treaties. Also, because we don't operate under DoD, we have a bit broader authority for boardings in international waters.
The CG is still working out the kinks as far as what missions each unit type does, though for the most part, they all have the same capabilities.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby Stray » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:10 pm

I must say this is nice! It's a rare sight to see this. If ou get any of these built please post photos I would love to see them
Stray
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Tactical Equipment