Minors & Airsofting.

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Nark » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 pm

Kids, under 18 mind you since the argument could be made that much more of us are kids in older bodies, in airsoft do not mix. I love the disregard that some parents have for laws and choose to enforce others.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Cloudyrains » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:44 pm

A person is a person, age doesn't matter. Its about maturity more than it is about age. Yes, younger kids means less brain development, but if they can show a level of maturity that airsoft requires and have the respect to treat their surroundings, people, and equipment okay then who cares?

I have seen plenty of younger kids (13-16) act just fine at games, but I have also seen the opposite. Same goes for adults, most are okay, some are not. I do think that 12 should be the cutoff age though. I get age limits, because event organizers don't have the time to personally interview every minor, but you still shouldn't judge someone just based on their age.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyph34r » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 pm

I have an opinion! oh wait... no I don't.

Move along, nothing to see here.
"Watch Black Hawk Down. Copy EVERYTHING the Somalis do.
It works great for Fragistan." -Welshy McSheeplove
Cyph34r
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Nark » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:20 pm

12 is a horrible cut off age. 18 makes sense cause that's when we become legally responsible for ourselves. If we're trekking through the woods with a 12 yr old with us, we might take a route that he can't handle and then if he gets injured ohh shit, the parents are making a fuss about it. At 18 we (kinda) know what we can and can't handle as we walk through the woods. Some of us might decide to jump in the creek and wade while others will go around. If a 12 yr old goes in chances are he's over his head and can get injured very easily.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cloudyrains » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Nark wrote:12 is a horrible cut off age. 18 makes sense cause that's when we become legally responsible for ourselves. If we're trekking through the woods with a 12 yr old with us, we might take a route that he can't handle and then if he gets injured ohh shit, the parents are making a fuss about it. At 18 we (kinda) know what we can and can't handle as we walk through the woods. Some of us might decide to jump in the creek and wade while others will go around. If a 12 yr old goes in chances are he's over his head and can get injured very easily.

I probably should of clarified that. I meant 12 should be the absolute minimum cut off age. What I'm really getting at that if you are capable of making your own decisions/actions that are mature and smart, I don't think your age should be an issue.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JohnnyBoii » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:33 pm

In my case, I am involved with airsoft because my recruiter said that it is good training for the military. Now, was I involved with airsoft when I was younger yes, but no where near to the ammount then I am now. I think that the cut off should be 14 or 15, minors need to go through a training course, and they would be fine.
JohnnyBoii
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:35 pm

12 years is a fine cutoff age. 4pi years is a horrible cutoff.
Ivan Daylovich™

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 pm

JohnnyBoii wrote:In my case, I am involved with airsoft because my recruiter said that it is good training for the military.

It's not. Stop saying that.
Ivan Daylovich™

Postby Darius137 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Ivan Daylovich wrote:
JohnnyBoii wrote:In my case, I am involved with airsoft because my recruiter said that it is good training for the military.

It's not. Stop saying that.

+3
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Transition » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm

free post count #2! racking it up here!
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby pulsipher » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:45 pm

simple. make all the games you host 18+ then the minors dont matter anymore

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby McNair » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Don't have kids. Problem solved.
McNair

Postby Lingo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Being a 13 year old, i have a ton of stupid friends that wave their crosmans all over the place. But when i see or hear about this i scream at them. If they bring or shoot their guns in public, i tell them to not do that or it will ruin the sport. I might say a swear or two. I HAD a friend who argued me about this, and still didn't take care of his gun. I told his parents what he was doing, and how it would affect everyone. He can't shoot an airsoft gun until he is 16. My old friend hates me now, but it was worth it to put out a warning. I wouldn't want to be friends with that kind of person anyway.

I don't think it is fair to rob young kids of this amazing sport. Airsoft is a sport that should be open to ALMOST anyone. I think depertment stores, give too easy access to guns and ammo. A 1 week class about how to treat replicas, should be enfornced. They should be forced to learn all of the do's and don'ts.

I do understand your hatred of stupid kids with guns. I do not like them either, even if i am forced to live among them. But saying that all people under 18 shouldn't be able to play isn't fair.

Would say that criminals are hairy because 70% of them are?
( just an example i thought of a noun and adjective and put them together.
Lingo
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:57 pm

I think if a minor ever gets caught waving an airsoft gun around they will put heavy legislation on it, or ban airsoft all together.

Let's pray that never happens.
Ivan Daylovich™

Postby Nark » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 pm

RoBiNhOoD wrote:Being a 13 year old, i have a ton of stupid friends that wave their crosmans all over the place. But when i see or hear about this i scream at them. If they bring or shoot their guns in public, i tell them to not do that or it will ruin the sport. I might say a swear or two. I HAD a friend who argued me about this, and still didn't take care of his gun. I told his parents what he was doing, and how it would affect everyone. He can't shoot an airsoft gun until he is 16. My old friend hates me now, but it was worth it to put out a warning. I wouldn't want to be friends with that kind of person anyway.

I don't think it is fair to rob young kids of this amazing sport. Airsoft is a sport that should be open to ALMOST anyone. I think depertment stores, give too easy access to guns and ammo. A 1 week class about how to treat replicas, should be enfornced. They should be forced to learn all of the do's and don'ts.

I do understand your hatred of stupid kids with guns. I do not like them either, even if i am forced to live among them. But saying that all people under 18 shouldn't be able to play isn't fair.

Would say that criminals are hairy because 70% of them are?
( just an example i thought of a noun and adjective and put them together.

I think you might want to learn how to spell before we hand you a AEG and have you at our backs.

Ivan Daylovich wrote:I think if a minor ever gets caught waving an airsoft gun around they will put heavy legislation on it, or ban airsoft all together.

Let's pray that never happens.
Too late! But they failed!!! :D But agreed! Let's not give them another reason to bring up painting or banning arisoft guns all together. Let's agree to abide by the laws and only handle airsoft guns if you are a responsible adult.
Last edited by Nark on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality