Mandatory Face Protection for under 18? (NO!)

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 pm

bingo.

18+ to buy a replica
18+ to play

ban kids.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Team: N/A

Postby Merchant » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah you can start putting age restrictions on games, but that will piss A LOT of people off and you will have to actually start iding people witch is just getting a little AR about the whole thing don't you think? I mean come on it is supposed to be a light fun sport/hobby.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby sasquatch » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:07 pm

We can only make rules that we are in control of, but there are other groups that do the same thing. We have to set a rule of thumb. I look at this in a way of someone make a quick buck to; just have cheap face pro for sale.
Just a year ago I was under 18 and when I was told to bring full face pro, I did. If your responsible then you should just fallow the rules, if you don’t you should get kicked off the field.
Hide like Savages, fight like Barbarians.

Dont Eat the BABBY!!!
sasquatch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Filipp14 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 pm

What was the whole point of starting this topic anyways, there seems to be less games nowdays and more conversations like this, cant anything happen to anyone, with an equal reaction coming back...
lolz
Filipp14
Soldier
Soldier

Postby congofal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 pm

When i take my girls airsofting (12YO) i always have them wear full face protection , i trust them to be safe , i just don't have the same trust for other people.
Si vis pacem, para bellum .
Le diable marche avec nous
congofal
Ranger
Ranger

Postby cookies » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:02 am

Filipp14 wrote:What was the whole point of starting this topic anyways, there seems to be less games nowdays and more conversations like this, cant anything happen to anyone, with an equal reaction coming back...

I can only speak to my team's experience, but I think that the increasing risk of hosting events has contributed to fewer event promotors and games within the community. Teams like ours have enjoyed putting together skirms and smaller ops; while they didn't make money, we were able to develop some innovative ideas for a target market and hopefully produced a quality product. However, without a limited liability organization backing these endeavors, the potential risk is just not worth the return for smaller promoters like us.

What's the solution? Maybe we need to organize locally or regionally to take advantage of economies of scale and mitigate this risk...
cookies
Grunt
Grunt

Team: SOTA

Postby Deathlycobra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 am

I'll keep this simple:

It's THEIR face let THEM do want to THEIR face.

I wear ANSI approved glasses/mesh googles and no face mask and I can understand the fact to keep my mouth shut while I play. If I get welts on my face (which you shouldn't get anyway if people are a reasonable distance away from you) then hey you get to show everyone your cool battlescars!
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Postby silentscope » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 am

I agree kids should wear face protection, but still think they thould be allowed to participate in airsoft. not being able to play will turn away new players and that will eventualy dry up the player pool.
War dose not determine who is right, only who is left.
silentscope
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 am

Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby sounguru » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 am

Some people just don't get it so I will make it simple .....

-Little Johnny shows up to your airsoft event and signs his waiver.
-Mommy and Daddy signs their waiver for little Johnny.
-Event promoter/Team Rep/Field owner signs waiver
-Johnny gets shot in the tooth and it get broken
-Little Johnny doesn't care but mommy and Daddy are pissed
-Mommy and Daddy sue above signers and the dog that was there that day
-Lawyer shreds your waiver in court so it doesn't hold up so bam the above signers are paying for little Johnny's injuries
Or
-It does hold up in court and Mommy and Daddy are still pissed because they lost.
-Mommy and Daddy go to the city/county/state and make a case to have airsoft banned to protect more kids like little Johnny remember they are pissed still..
Or
-The Media gets a hold of the story and some government official gets a tickle in his nether region and again your sport is banned.
-You now own a bunch of useless crap because you can't play anymore without a fine/jail time/ or loss of your gear.

All of this because some event planner or field owner doesn't want to make someone do something, because we all know that people today are responsible for their own actions.... :roll:

All of this could have been avoided if you had made little Johnny wear a full face/mouth protection.

As far as mouth guard like the ones in football that cover both tops and bottoms I can vouch that they do protect the teeth I took 3 rounds from 10 ft right in the mouth busted up my lips and gums real nicely but all teeth came through just fine. That poor kid was crying by the time I got done with him..... :evil:

Personally I don't wear face protection or mouth protection anymore but hey I'm 40 so I figure my teeth are gonna go soon anyway and I have always wanted a gold tooth with a diamond in it....

And banning kids is not the answer that would kill our sport faster than Paris Hilton can get in trouble for something stupid.

Just look at what is going on with football right now some kids got hurt and there is a growing movement to ban football in high schools, middle schools, and little league. We as a sport don't even have 1% of the backing that football as a sport has.
sounguru
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 am

hey, as far as i am concerned, and alot of other adults in this community who have built this community are comming to the same conclusions finally.

lil johnny can stay the shazaam home and its a non issue.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby ~Thunder~ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 am

Ka-Bar for the win!
KA-BAR wrote:18+ to buy a replica
18+ to play
Cap n pickles wrote:....if i do not see my name some where on this list, i will just show up naked, ready to get some.

f**k it, i'll just show up naked.
~Thunder~
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Merchant » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 pm

So now the question is are people actually going to start making games 18+? and if they do will people be ID'd. Then you also have the whole thing with exceptions being made for favorite players that aren't 18 yet. I guess what I'm saying is do the field and event organizers have the balls to say 18 or older no exceptions. You also have to take into account how that will affect their profit.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 pm

you know what merchant, they do have the balls to do just that.

safety
fun
sportsmanship

these will always outweigh the opinions of kids, and the profits made off kids.

when the priorities switch to making money off kids. i will quit playing.
KA-BAR

Postby Merchant » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:33 pm

KA-BAR wrote:you know what merchant, they do have the balls to do just that.

Mkay, just askin.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality