mk96

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

mk96

Postby Fallen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey I found an mk96 that isn't gas and bolt which is what I wanted, but I also wanted to upgrade it to be an amazing sniper
Rifle. It's already shooting 520 bdut I'm really focusing on distance and accuracy, but if I can makce it a high fps gun so it makes contact rather fast. I m already getting a Layla spring guide an m170. Spring also a tds. Trigger mechanical so if you can think of any other upgrades to make it a beast while in a a reasonable price please list it, thanka
Fallen
Recruit
Recruit

Team: Infidel

Re: mk96

Postby Hamster » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Oh Christ....

This.

OP: Move the shazaam up. It sounds like you're lazy as hell. Throw in a TBB with 6.01 diameter or something for more accurate shots. That's probably the reason why you bought a bolt in the first place.

For a working bolt, expect to put hours upon hours and money into it to get it to your tastes.

There are also typos in your post.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Orwell » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Here's what I've learned in my sniper rifle post-stalking:

I think this is one area of airsoft where, if you have to ask, you probably have no business getting into it. You're 17, so that makes you one of two things:

1) Too poor to properly upgrade a rifle (yes, even if you work), or
2) Someone with rich parents.

What you need to be is paying rent with a steady job. Trust me, man, a bolt will poke a hole the size of jupiter in your wallet. Good luck!
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cloudyrains » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:26 pm

if it's shooting 520 stock you don't need a new spring. A M170 will pretty much accomplish the same that the stock spring is doing, provided your stock compression is, well, stock. Since it's likely that the compression sucks, you are going to need a new piston ($50-70), cylinder head ($50-70), nice tightbore ($80+), 0-trigger ($180+), and likely a new hopup unit ($70+). There are also a host of other expensive parts that you could put into it, but I would consider that a good starting point.

If you aren't scared of by now, expect to put at least 20+ hours into tuning it, whether it be tuning the hopup to perfection, doing various mods such as wrapping everything in teflon tape, or making barrel spacers/filling the external barrel with construction caulk/foam.

If you have made it this far, then you can move on to actually learning the role.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Fallen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 pm

What's happened to subsidy and it just being fun, I don't need a hold your hand tutorial but thanks. Or for someone to try and make upgrading an AIRSOFT rifle. I think the Marines is a bit more scary than that
Fallen
Recruit
Recruit

Team: Infidel

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers