Utg mk96 upgrades?

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Utg mk96 upgrades?

Postby Vega » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 pm

I recently recieved an utg mk96 and I am wondering what are some upgrades I should do. Don't just say tightbore, tell me the name/brand.
If i pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume. http://forgottensons.webs.com/
Vega
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Re: Utg mk96 upgrades?

Postby bushman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:29 pm

honestly they are really good just stock, just a few mods to the hopup and some heavy bbs and you should be set. :) but if ya still want to upgrade there are all metal trigger boxes on amazon. and pdi hopup is the only hopup wort getting :) its a little pricy, but it is worth every penny!!! there are a few mods you can do too, such as the cocking indicator, or fps boost. but until you are comfortable taking it apart you might want to wait. there is a lot so trigger mods you can do to make it "less pull" but those are really not fun unless you have a few just to brake lol. you could also shim it... haven't tried that yet with a l96 but the vsr 10 really works good after that!! hope this helps
bushman
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Hey, I have an upgrade for you. Try upgrading your brain to understand the function of that little white rectangle in the top of the screen that says "Search..."

Seriously, there are innumerable threads on this topic... so... Tightbore!

By the way, to actually be a little helpful, The mk96 takes the same compression system as the APS-2, so research that as well. The Stock trigger components also suck, so a search for "l96 reinforced trigger" could be helpfull.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 am

B.O.P. Hawk wrote:Hey, I have an upgrade for you. Try upgrading your brain to understand the function of that little white rectangle in the top of the screen that says "Search..."

Seriously, there are innumerable threads on this topic... so... Tightbore!

By the way, to actually be a little helpful, The mk96 takes the same compression system as the APS-2, so research that as well. The Stock trigger components also suck, so a search for "l96 reinforced trigger" could be helpfull.

I'm sorry. I really sounded like a jerk in this. It was supposed to be sarcastic, but a friend pointed it out to me. I still think you should use the search function, and that that could have been done BEFORE you posted the thread, but I'm only speaking from experience. I got chewed up when I posted a thread about upgrading my APS-2

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Orwell » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 pm

No. No apologies. Use this, this, and your own critical thinking.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Eddy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

If you bought an UTG MK96 instead of a Maruzen, chances are the myriad of upgrades will not be available to you, but since im bored I'll list some of the possible upgrades.

For a TBB, any will work, such as Evikes Angel custom 40 and ASGI masmune 40, but PDI(100?) and Laylax(50?) is what prefer. (I'm running a 650mm PDI 6.01 with the 4 way hop up).

An upgraded trigger box is also important since your running a UTG/WELL type 96. The main reinforced trigger box brands would be Laylax and PDI, but I'm running the K2 system cause its 50 bucks cheaper.

Those are the upgrades that would be the most beneficial. The cylinder is fine as it is, and upgrading it is costly.

cylinder upgrades would include the piston 50, piston head 15, spring 15-30, spring guide 30, cylinder 130 and cylinder head 30.

Another neat upgrade that is more cool but not really practical would be the thumb screw cheek rest adjustment screws, this way i can take of the cheek rest and remove the cylinder without separating the upper and lower.

TBH
Just leave it stock, its fine, when disassembling and upgrading the gun, small parts will be lost, mysterious things will happen and the gun will slam fire.
Eddy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Eddy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm

ill post a pic of my 20 pound paper weight when i get the chance.
Eddy
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers