Piston problem in bar 10

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Piston problem in bar 10

Postby Marpat » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 am

OK so i have a very upgraded JG Bar 10 that i have just recently put new parts in. for about 100 shots it worked awesome but it started losing compression. i took my whole gun apart and looked at everything and found out that when i pull the trigger, the piston is only going about half way down the cylinder now before getting jammed inside of it. i was thinking i need to just buy a smaller 0-ring but was not sure. any help would be awesome.
Here is what i am running
Laylax PSS10 VSR10 Damper Cylinder Head
Action Army Specialized "Zero" Trigger for VSR10 / Bar10 (with blue piston)
Airsoft GI PE M170 Spring for VSR10 / Bar10 Series
Laylax VSR-10 Teflon Cylinder
and a metal spring guide
Thanks
Last edited by Marpat on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Piston problem in bar 10

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Check for abnormalities on the piston and inside the cylinder, if you haven't already.

If the piston if overpowering the spring and stopping prematurely, something is very wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Like you didn't already know that... Stop firing the gun.

take the nozzle off and piston out. With pliers or something, see if it moves well without the spring and nozzle. If not, try the original piston.

You probably should have spent more money on a cylinder. The plastic on the outside is for smoothness, and that's where the price comes from. It's probably cheapo aluminum or such on the inside... I don't know much about it, but would not be surprised if that was the problem.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Marpat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm

OK first off, this is a very out dated post that has already been salved
second, the only problem was it needed to be lubed with silicone oil which is not a big problem at all
and third was and still am running a Laylax VSR-10 Teflon Cylinder
please don't post unless you know how to solve the problem.
Thanks
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Your info was kinda lacking. What was I supposed to do except for troubleshoot?

I figured a body would be thankful that someone at least tried to help when nobody else would.

You're welcome for nothing.

EDIT
{Disregard what was formerly here. My search yesterday yielded different results than just now. I'm pretty sure it's because you changed what the list said. Yesterday, you had an $80 Masamune cylinder listed. Please note all edits.}

By the way, I AM glad that you fixed your gun, but am irritated that you come back at me for trying to help.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Marpat » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 pm

i did accidentally say that i got that cylinder but do you know the difference between that one and the one i have? the brand, it is a copy just like the action army zero trigger. sorry i retaliated but get use to it because it is way too common in this forum. thanks for trying!
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sixxgun » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:09 pm

I hate to Necro but my first thought was Lubing the Cylinder but anyway good to see it up and running
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby sovereignmule » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:40 am

NECRO

B.O.P. Hawk wrote:take the nozzle off and piston out. With pliers or something, see if it moves well without the spring and nozzle. If not, try the original piston.

Hawk, you know there's a special kind of spanner wrench they make for taking off the airnozzle on the bar-10. You can find them for super cheap at any sears. DON'T use pliers, You will eff up the function of the gun and could bend or even break off the nozzle.

BUY THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!!!
"Bunch of slack-jawed faggots 'round here. This stuff'll make you a god-damn sexual tyranasaur, just like me." ~Blane~
sovereignmule
Grunt
Grunt

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 am

sovereignmule wrote:a special kind of spanner wrench they make for taking off the airnozzle... DON'T use pliers... BUY THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!!!

Do you think I suggested using pliers to take the nozzle off?
B.O.P. Hawk wrote:take the nozzle off and piston out. (period, end of sentence) (>new thought>) With pliers or something, (coma) see if it moves well without the spring and nozzle. If not, try the original piston.

I suggested using the pliers to grab the piston and slide it back and forth inside the cylinder. I'm sorry if that was not clear.

I actually have a wrench that fits into the two holes without putting pressure on the nozzle. You call it a spanner wrench, but I call it some tool I found in the auto shop that works perfectly. I did buy a tool for that. No worries.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers