Dragunov SVD-S BB rolling back problem

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Dragunov SVD-S BB rolling back problem

Postby Samonac » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:13 am

Hey everyone,
As you can see, I'm new here. (first post) However, I always search around quite a bit before asking for help, and I couldn't find any post on this forum (or any website for that matter) that could help me with my problem.

I purchased a Dragunov SVD-S a while back, and I have quite a problematic issue:
The hole through which the piston pushes the BB's out of the barrel is too wide. The problem is that BB's are therefore free to roll back, away from the barrel, and into the 'cocking chamber', and unless I notice, they're smashed to smithering at the next shot. (resulting in a inaccurate shot, and A LOT of annoying debris)

I must insist on the fact that this is the Dragunov SVD-S: the 'updated' version of the Dragunov SVD.
The hop-up system is different; on the previous one, a simple screw had to be tightened to help avoid this issue, but on the new Hop-Up system, it's impossible to do so.
As long as the top BB is forcefully pushed by the ones underneath, there doesn't seem to be much of an issue, but when the force isn't strong enough (or when I forget I already cocked the gun, and cock it again) the BB rolls backwards. At times, every BB of the magazine that was pushed upwards thanks to the magazine's bolt end up in the cocking chamber, and I need to remove the whole magazine and reload it by turning the wheel underneath.

Do you have any idea on how to avoid this? I thought about adding a pierced little piece of tape to stop the BBs from rolling back, but it doesn't hold in place, and is pushed by the piston at the very first shot.

In my opinion, this seems like a faulty conception from whoever conceived the gun, but I was hoping you guys could help me find a way to fix it.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions, I'm really out of ideas here.
Samonac
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Dragunov SVD-S BB rolling back problem

Postby code789 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am

the SVDS is the paratrooper version of the SVD where it has a folding stock and a shorter barrel. other than that there is no other modifications.

the only SVDS i can find for airsoft is the aftermath SVDS which should be the same as the A&K SVDs. there should be three screws on the hopup. one to secure the hopup unit, one to adjust the nub, and the last one is to hold the bbs in the chamber so that it doesn't roll back. try adjusting the last one
or save yourself the frustration and buy a real airsoft gun like a G&G AEG
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Samonac wrote:...Dragunov SVD-S...

The D in SVD stands for Dragunov.

code789 wrote:...or save yourself the frustration and buy a real airsoft gun like a G&G AEG

Real Sword and CA make SVDs.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Cloudyrains » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Ivan Daylovich™ wrote:
Samonac wrote:...Dragunov SVD-S...

The D in SVD stands for Dragunov.

code789 wrote:...or save yourself the frustration and buy a real airsoft gun like a G&G AEG

Real Sword and CA make SVDs.

Don't forget CYMA
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers