Mini-OP Code Name; ALAMO [Sunday August 19th]

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Mini-OP Code Name; ALAMO [Sunday August 19th]

Postby tommyboy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:25 pm

Mini-OP Code Name; Alamo
a SEND OFF Game
Where: Scappose
When: Sunday August 19th
Start: 0930

Age Restictions: 15

DATE CHANGED!

SEMPER FI- Warhawk
I am holding this game for one of my Team Members that is leaving for Marine Basic Training in a couple weeks. So lets have a good game and send him off in a good way.

Directions to the field
1. Take Highway 30 West from Portland.
2. Continue through Scappoose, turn left at Vernonia Scappoose Highway
3. After 5 miles, make a hairpin right turn onto Cater Road
4. Turn on "Alder Creek Rd" (only one direction to turn)
WARNING
When you turn onto Alder Creek Rd, DO NOT exceed 25MPH. The residents of this area do not want cars speeding through. And we do not want the residents contacting the Land Owners and complaining about us.
5. When the Road Forks, follow the left fork with the sign that says "One lane road ahead"
6. After 1.5 miles or so you'll enter forest again, there's a turn to the right... That's the field.

Details:
This will be a Force on Force game which 1 team is the Assualting Force and the other the Defending Force. Each team will get the chance to attack and defend.
This is how it will go, after each team is broken up the team acting as the Defending force will go on the field. The Defending team will have 1 hour once they step on the field to locate someplace on the field, (that is not the Village) and set up to defend there position for an undisclosed amount of time.
The Assulting team, during that hour that the defending team is digging in, will have to decide how they are going to go about to search the field for the other team and then plan the assult to take the defending team's posistion.
As I said each team will have the chance to act as the defenders and the attackers.

How does one team win over the other?
The defending team will win the "battle" when they either eliminate the assualting team all together, or they can hold out against the assualt for an alotted time period and then escape from the attackers.

Well for the assualting team, they will win the "battle" if/when they over-run the defenders position and/or stop the defending teams escape.

During the "battle" each team, the attackers and defenders will be recieving information and instructions over the radio from the Admins. These instructions will go directly influence the game, such as the EVAC orders for the defending team and so on.

RESPAWNS
the respawns will work differently for each team. For the attackers they will be given a respawn point, and each person on that team will be allowed a certain number of respawns.
For the defenders they will have a internal respawn inside the area they have chosen to be there defensive position, however each person respawning on the defending team will have to wait so many minutes before they are able to re-join the fight. It just wouldnt be fair if they get to rush right back in to things. So they will have to wait something like 10-15 minutes before they are able to respawn.

Medics
In addition to each teams specific respawns, each team will also be given a handful of medics. The Medics will have an alloted number of banages, and when they run out they are gone. So you will have to decide just how you will use your medics, save them until the final push, space the banages out, or what....
The medics will be clearly marked by red tape. The medics will have red tape stripes across each arm aswell as on their headgear, soft cover like a boonie ar helmet depending on the individual. The medics for each team can volunteer once each team has been broken down, or someone will be selected if htere are no volunteers.

How will the teams be broken down?
As it usually is, the teams will be broken down most likely based upon the BDU that is worn. I will try as hard as I can to seperate each team evenly on game day, but one team maybe a bit lop-sided over the other.

EDIT
Light Machine Guns & Drum/ Beta-C mags
NO DRUM mags allowed, except on approved LMG weapons. Approved LMG's include weapons like:
M249, M60, RPK and so on. Please note an AK with a drum is not an RPK. Basically if you have a standard AEG that has been converted into an LMG weapon that weapon must be atleast 90% coverted. If you are unsure on any level if your weapon will meet these requirements I suggest you contact me before the game to find out. If you show up a drum in G36 and try to pass it off as a MG36, or a drum in an M4 and say its a SHRIKE, it wont fly and it wont be allowed on the field.

SNIPERS
For this game there will be no Snipers allowed. Meaning if you are using a bolt weapon that chrono's over the AEG FPS limit of 400fps it will not be allowed. You can use a bolt rifle as long as the FPS does not exceed 400fps, and NO Ghillie Suits.

Communications
It would be very wise for everyone to have radios for this game. But not everyone has a radio, but if you do make sre you bring it. As I said, the admins will be contacting each team with new objectives they will have to accomplish, or new instructions for the team, such as possbile EVAC orders and many other little things I have in the works. So make sure you bring your radio, you will need it.

Now following the initial game, after each team has had the chance to be both the attackers and defenders, other skirms maybe held, such as CTF, Sector Control, etc etc.

WARNING!!!
Due to the fact that it is FIRE SEASON, certain precautions must be taken. For some of you that have attended the recent skirms out at Scappose you may have seen the posted signs requiring a Fire Extinguisher or other fire preventions tools to be on hand by anyone out on the field. This is a requirement until the Fire Season has past. If there is no Proper Fire Prevention tool on hand durin the use of the Scappose Field, than that use is restricted.
So it is not up to just a handful of people to be the responcible parties here. Basically if you use the field, its your job to help out. So if anyone is able to do so, bring a Fire Extinguisher (minimum size allowed, 2lbs), have a shovel and a ready to go pile of dirt to put on any hotspot. A 5gallon or larger bucket of water, or any other tool that would help stop/prevent a fire in the event one starts up.

EDIT: FIRE SEASON PRECAUTIONS
I have just checked with the land owners about clearifying the conditions we have for use of the land. And YES every vehicle that is going to be parked at the field will have to have some type of Fire Prevention gear in it. Again the required fire prevention tools are;
Fire Extinguisher- 3lbs minimum, Shovel and/or bucket of water.
Again, that is EVERY VEHICLE must have one of these fire prevention tools in it. If you fail to do so you risk getting fined aswell as having your vehicle towed from the property. Than after you get your ticket and maybe after you get your car towed, we may lose use of the land. So if you are going to be there for the game, you must have one of the fire prevention tools in your vehicle.

Contact me via PM if anyone has any questions about the game or otherwise.
Last edited by tommyboy on Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:15 pm

Would love to show. It's on my B-Day! Would like to give a good sendoff for your buddy.
Año de nieves, año de bienes.
Skywalker
Ranger
Ranger

Postby sk8erkingdsz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:19 pm

I'll be there. :D

"This phony pony be trippin all up your grill!"
sk8erkingdsz

Postby tommyboy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:44 pm

EDIT
DATE NOW CHANGED TO SUNDAY AUGUST 19TH

Do the anticipated low turn-out I was able to change the date to the following sunday. As I said this is a Send-Off Game and I want it to be the best game it can be. Thankfully I was able to change the date and still have it work with shedule of Team Member who is shipping out.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby sk8erkingdsz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:51 pm

I'll still be there. :) I love Sundays! :D

"This phony pony be trippin all up your grill!"
sk8erkingdsz

Postby Killer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:51 pm

I will be there if i can get a ride.
Killer
Ranger
Ranger

Postby The Duke » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:16 pm

Awesome, this date should work out very well.

Clips - "Whats the tactical importance of chewing gum"
Me - "It's Spearmint..."
The Duke
Specops
Specops

Team: Mithril

Postby KA-BAR » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:19 pm

sunday games are always a plus for me.

morgan's rifles will make a showing!
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Pulsipher » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:42 pm

cools lets see if i make it to shoot morgan!
Pulsipher

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Newcomb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm

damn i cant make it h ave to go to company picnic of my step dads
Farewell to false pretension, farewell to hollow words. Farewell to fake affections, farewell, tomorrow burns!
Newcomb
Specops
Specops

Postby Rico » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 pm

Cool. I'll probably be able to make it now. Sounds fun.
You and your stupid F*ing rope...

Rico
Specops
Specops

Team: APST

Postby Garrett » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Count me in.
Garrett
Specops
Specops

EDIT

Postby tommyboy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:05 am

some EDITS have been made to the initial post, please read.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Flak » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:08 am

great... no snipers... o well, I'm gone anyways lol
Flak

Postby fuzzydice123 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:34 am

There+1
Ill meet you at the bikeracks- Knuckles
2007's Most Improved Player