Operation Balkan Hammer October 26th-28th 2007

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Operation Balkan Hammer October 26th-28th 2007

Postby M996 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 am

The Museum of Military History, MAC-V and Camp Navajo located in Flagstaff Arizona will be conducting the first ever Airsoft Challenge. This new style of airsoft event offers a balance of scenario game play and competition. The Airsoft Challenge will raise the level of, realism, teamwork, and leadership through a series of real world challenges under combat conditions involving special effects, military vehicles, and missions designed to test your skills and abilities.

A portion of the proceeds will be going to help wounded soldiers, and families of those serving overseas.

Based around real world unstable events in Bosnia – Herzegovina, a Serb uprising has begun. Lead by suspected war criminals, Bosnian Serbs supported by the Serb military. The United Nations has increased IFOR operations in efforts to discourage any attempts to cross the safe zone. However, UN has once again asked for help from the US Military to reinforce Camp Navajo on the edge of the safe zone. The clock is ticking...

You can check out the website at www.Airsoftchallenge.com
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby M996 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi all,
Sorry I haven’t been posting but we’ve been pretty busy prepping vehicles, contacting sponsors, and working with the Army National Guard. The Hind has made the long trip from the Czech Republic to the United Kingdom. Here is the link to an article regarding the helicopter in a British newspaper. It is getting overhauled before it’s transported here to the U.S.

http://tinyurl.com/2e9g4h

We have created a classified briefing section on the Balkan Hammer page where we will post and update the scenario information as well as real world events that pertain to the op. You will also get briefs on the bios of key characters, operational orders, and special equipment information.

http://www.airsoftchallenge.com/classified/index.php

Operation Bushmaster was a success and introduced Airsoft to a very receptive Arizona National Guard staff. The AZNG provided Humvees, support equipment, and the battlefield as well as very competent squad leaders. We are currently in discussion to set up other events that will benefit everyone including the AZNG.

The Vehicle roster is filling out nicely and should provide a new dimension to the overall event. I would like to request that those of you with formal military vehicle training (i.e. veterans) contact me either with a PM or thru the website so that I may create a list of those certified to operate the Humvees and various trucks (Sorry but the tracked vehicle operators have already been selected.) We were contacted to allow a “technicalâ€
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Osmo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:15 pm

As a current resident of Phoenix, I would be very tempted to participate...

...if the $155 registration fee did not put it outside my price range.

While I respect your goals and understand that the proceeds are going to various good causes, I would expect you to have more success if you managed to lower the price per player.
Osmo
Ranger
Ranger

Team: APST

Postby M996 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:39 pm

Given that we are providing Food(2 dinners), lodging(2nights), vehicles, props & special effects for a 2day event as well as having veterans ( fresh from the fight) on staff I think this is a fair price. Have you priced the expense to move a tracked armored vehicle 175 miles? not to mention the Humvees & other military vehicles(these things are not fuel efficient by anybody's standards :shock: ) I've been to other national level events and they charge more without providing food or lodging, or anything else mentioned above. I'n not going to bad mouth other events but I know compared to others we are providing alot of value for $155. I'm sorry its out of your price range but we have to cover expenses as well as generate funds to cover the shipment of our Mi-24 Russian Attack Helicopter from Europe.

If you change you mind we would be happy to see you up there.

Thanks,
Chris Kahlert
http://www.MAC-V.com
http://www.Airsoftchallenge.com
Phoenix, AZ
"What is best in Life?"
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."
"That is good
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Deleteplz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 pm

Mi-24 Russian Attack Helicopter from Europe.
:shock:

If I lived down there. I'd be all over the event.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Osmo » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:48 pm

Renagade wrote:If I lived down there. I'd be all over the event.

You wanna sponsor me, Randal?

Which by 'sponsor' I actually mean "give me $150."
Osmo
Ranger
Ranger

Team: APST

Postby Deleteplz » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:02 am

Sorry, no dice there buddy.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby M996 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:12 am

BTW here are 2 of the latest pics of the overhaul taking place in England right now. Once this Helicopter reaches the U.S. we will bring it up to flying status and then our goal is to use it generate as much funds as possible to facilitate building a proper working Military History/Vehicle Museum here In Phoenix either thru Movie work , attracting donations or other means.

Thanks,
Chris K. aka M996
Phoenix, AZ
www.MAC-V.com
www.Airsoftchallenge.com

"What is best in Life?"
"Crush your enemies; see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."
"That is good."
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Postby MetraDirty » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:43 am

Freaking awesome.

It's too bad it won't be used for actual flight.
Hell, I'd pay the $155 fee just to ride in it.
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby M996 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 am

Actually, It will be flying next year. Why do you think Paul (guy in the pic) is working on it?
Chris K. aka M996
Phoenix, AZ
www.MAC-V.com
www.Airsoftchallenge.com

"What is best in Life?"
"Crush your enemies; see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."
"That is good."
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Postby shogun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:16 am

jesus H Christ, i want that chopper!
shogun
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby MetraDirty » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:19 am

M996 wrote:Actually, It will be flying next year. Why do you think Paul (guy in the pic) is working on it?

News article wrote:Mr Moore said: "We are going to get it back into running condition, complete with the rotor blades spinning, but not so it can fly."

I was just going off of that.

Now I'm excited...and jealous, I love this kind of stuff. :P
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby M996 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 am

That just means they won't go thru the certification process, we will.
Chris K. aka M996
Phoenix, AZ
www.MAC-V.com
www.Airsoftchallenge.com

"What is best in Life?"
"That is good."
M996
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games