BSP: TACTICAL TRAINING CAMP Nov 10th 2007

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Tombstone » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:34 am

ah, poor Duke, he should start charging rental ;)
...and dont forget the lunch as well...
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby Shepherd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Youngblood wrote:Also, who here is interested in a pistol course put on by more pros? I have seen the course outline and the depth of the event is EXCELLENT?

Who is down? I need to see who's gonna be there.

I am interested.
Shepherd
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Shepherd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Where did BSP get the silhouette targets used on the target stands? I could cut something out of cardboard boxes or use standard paper silhouettes but the cardboard ones would hold up better.
Shepherd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shepherd » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Another question.

When you do a mag change you take a knee. When done you yell "UP" and get up when a team mate signals you. What do you yell when you realize you need the mag change? Certainly not "DOWN". Too simular to "MAN DOWN". That would be used if a team member got hurt. What would you yell?
Shepherd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Duke » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:45 pm

You would yell "COLD", if my memory serves me correctly.

Clips - "Whats the tactical importance of chewing gum"
Me - "It's Spearmint..."
The Duke
Specops
Specops

Team: Mithril

Postby Attack37 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:47 pm

When you have a weapon down, or need a mag change, the standard is "Cold". However, you can use any word you want as long as your team knows what it is and means.

Afterall, if everyone uses "cold" then sooner or later the enemy will figure out what it means.
Attack37
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ryu Arcturian » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:31 am

Shepherd wrote:Where did BSP get the silhouette targets used on the target stands? I could cut something out of cardboard boxes or use standard paper silhouettes but the cardboard ones would hold up better.

I think they made them...

PVC pipe, cardboard (like you said from a box), masking tape, duck tape

or at least that's what they looked like :?
ImageImage
I'm quoting myself because what I have to say is THAT IMPORTANT -Alex Kaeda
Ryu Arcturian
Specops
Specops

Postby Shepherd » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Ryu Aran wrote:
Shepherd wrote:Where did BSP get the silhouette targets used on the target stands? I could cut something out of cardboard boxes or use standard paper silhouettes but the cardboard ones would hold up better.

I think they made them...

PVC pipe, cardboard (like you said from a box), masking tape, duck tape

or at least that's what they looked like :?

They made simple PVC frames. Less engineered then I would of designed but adequate for the task. Easy to recreate. Much simpler and cheaper then the 2" x 2" pine stand I use.

The silhouettes were too consistant and too many to be hand cut. They must of been die cut. That tells me they are commercially available. Well I'll hit the search engines next.
Shepherd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:58 pm

the sillouettes were brought by troy morh i belive, who got them from jollyroger. jollyroger supplied troys SSO tournoument with real ipsc targets for us to use...... noone showed to the event.

we sure used them though.... i belive he has HUNDREDS more, and might sell you a few,hit up instructor morh, the artist formerly known as -=OOHYA=-
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby omega1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Shepherd wrote:Another question.

When you do a mag change you take a knee. When done you yell "UP" and get up when a team mate signals you. What do you yell when you realize you need the mag change? Certainly not "DOWN". Too simular to "MAN DOWN". That would be used if a team member got hurt. What would you yell?

One that I heard in Close Combat: First to Fight, and really like, is "red" and "green". It is one word, which makes it simple to say in a tense situation, and it is easily understood. You yell red when you weapon goes down, whether from a jam, empty mag, or catastrophic failure of your weapon. This immediately lets your team know that your sector isn't being covered, that you have stopped covering your sector. Once you get squared away enough to cover your sector again (reload your mag, fix the jam, switch to a different weapon), you yell "green", letting your team know that you are good to go, ready to cover your sector again. At that point I think someone else from your team should either physically give you a hand up, or make sure you are clear to come up, and verbally say "up", allowing you to come up.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games