Siberian Dragoons - Sector Control game Jan 20th

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Siberian Dragoons - Sector Control game Jan 20th

Postby Nox » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Seems my host went belly up and now its impossible to find my forum boards to let everyone know updated information.
So..
Sector Control Game : January 20th
Where: Galice Field (Mapquest Directions)
After the store, on the right there is a bright red house with a 45mph sign next to it. Across the road from that, there is a paved drive that turns into a dirt road. Drive that road carefully (there are some ruts that are pretty deep) in your 4wd to the top, and you will arrive at the field.

We will be meeting at the Ray Sentry Market in Merlin at 8:30 am, to convoy to the field at 9-9:20. Be sure you have everything you need at the store before we go!

Information:
ACCESS IS 4WD ONLY! If you know someone with a 4wd, then carpool with them if you can. If you decide to walk this road, you will be gassed out before you hit the field, guaranteed.
Load your hicaps the night before, load your speed loaders before you go to bed, do what you need to do the night before folks.
There will not be alot of stand around BS'ing time, once the safety briefing is given, action will start relatively quickly - come prepared.

This will be a constant action game, bring PLENTY of ammo and battery power, plus everything you need for the day - food, water, toiletry supplies, first aid etc.
The first game will be sector control with 4 sector sticks, then possible force on force afterwards, or whatever everyone feels like playing.
Points of interest:
*Team Leaders/members Bring radios - This field is LARGE, with plenty of areas that have no line of sight, you will need radios to communicate because yelling will get you taken out.
*Bring everything you need for the day - There isn't a short easy walk to the cars to get your stuff, you will have to bring it up to the field with you. This is food, water, toiletries plus ammo, batteries and everything else.
*Safety first! - With the location of this field, you are approximately one hour from the nearest medical supervision. Watch where you tread and don't go running around blindly. Wear your pads if you have them, there are some rocky areas around. My primary concern is that EVERYONE is safe, so you all have fun.
*This is a 'wild area' - Don't shoot any animals you see. This place is out of the way and not frequently visited as the Elk Lane field.
If you see a bear or cougar and it attempts to eat you, be considerate and scream loud enough to warn the others. Then ball up tightly so it takes longer to eat you so the rest of us can get away. Your actions will reflect heroic at your funeral.
*Bring dry clothes, its wet - The field is holding snow and water right now in some areas, so the dryer you stay, the more fun you will have.
*Be prepared to have fun! - It's a pain to get up there, but the terrain is pretty flat and such that you will not tire quickly, so you will be playing for a long time without getting tired! There is a 2000 foot long, by 1350 foot swath of ground that is literally 4 different terrain types in the same area. Sniping positions, ambush locations, areas where huge volumes of fire could erupt. I stood on a road and Aaron stood 25 feet away near a tree and I couldn't see him in his blind.
Last edited by Nox on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nox

Team: N/A

Postby Nox » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Added directions and field information!
Nox

Postby Nox » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 am

updated due to douchebag webhosts...
Nox

Postby Reyna » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:40 am

NOX!

Great game man, it was a really fun high spirited day. Great sportsmanship all around except from a couple of individuals. Great Adminship to, you did this really well and I can say that SFX would return anytime.

Nice job man. Kudos all around.

~Dirty
"What do you want for Christmas Little boy?"
"A RANGER TAB MOTHERF**KER!"
--
"RANGER THAT!"
Reyna
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Caponey » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 pm

My sentiments exactly. I had a great time and I heard the same from people all around. I would love to play there again and I'm sure many more of us would. Great job hosting, lots of trigger time and good engaging missions with simple defend plans that had to react to a lot of sneaky people. Thanks again.

-Tanner
-Tanner
Caponey
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Poetic Sniper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 am

Man that was a awsome game you had the makings for everything and it was just plain awsome. Next time i say we bring in some tacticals and make it a convoy assault.
Poetic Sniper
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nox » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am

My pleasure guys - we'll see what we can do about getting the road into better condition so the drive isn't as treacherous.
Thanks to everyone for showing up!
Nox

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games