OP: Search & Destroy

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby tommyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:48 pm

Scappose Field
October 8th
Start Time: 1000

OP: General Info
This will be a team on team game.
Allied Forces vs OPFOR
There are elements of death match and CTF involved, but not general skirmish game.
Once primary game is complete, if all goes well not quickly, there will be skirmish games to follow.

The game calls for two teams, Allied Forces (U.S. Force & British Forces) and an OPFOR unit. If anyone has non U.S. BDU's please volunteer to play OPFOR. using players with non woodland on OPFOR reduces confusion on the field.

Allied Forces; anyone who wears MARPAT, ACU, DPM are automatically Allied Forces.

OPFOR: anyone in something other then the previously mentioned BDU's
i.e. Flectarn, russian, Tiger Stripe etc. etc.
Desert BDU's, i.e. 6 color desert (chocolate chips as used by U.S. in Desert Storm) and 3 color desert bdu, current U.S. issue will now be OPFOR. Since it has been brought to my attention that teams have assembled desert bdu for opfor uniforms.

On previous thread, desert bdu was noted to be for field marshalls. this is no longer. Now designated Field Marshall Uniforms will be Urban BDU. Any type of Urban BDU has been alloted for Marshall duty, as per previous thread DO NOT WEAR ANY FORM OF URBAN UNLESS YOU WISH TO MARSHALL. This is also for any person wishing to be a 'combat photographer on the field' meaning someone walking around with camera or camcorder.
Urban BDU is here by classified as the following:
Urban MARPAT (digital)

BDU of the following color combo; white/black/greay
Black BDU
Navy Blue BDU, most commonly worn by police officers as a tactical uniform.

Hopefully this will open options for some, but still allowing a clear identifying uniform for non-combatants on the field

Many players still only have woodland bdu's. once the teams are set, meaning the Allied uniforms are seperated from the OPFOR uniforms those in woodland bdu will be divided amongst the teams to even the numbers out.

any questions, please post and I will answer so to prevent confusion for the game.
Last edited by tommyboy on Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Re: OP: Search & Destroy

Postby tommyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:59 pm

FPS limit has been set for 380 for AEG's and other
Sniper rifles may be allowed FPS of 450, but no engagement with in 40 feet. and must be targeting torso. NO HEAD SHOTS

Each team will ONLY BE ALLOWED 2 Sniper rifles. Sniper rifle is classified as a bolt action rifle.

Respawn:
There will be unlimited respawns allowed, with stipulations. Each team will have a base point. At each base point will be a flag. As long as each team holds control of the flag, and their flag is flying there is unlimted respawns. If the enemy team is able to capture the base point, and lower the flag then your team loses respawns. But if your team is able to retake the base point and re-raise your flag your respawns will be available again.
Respawns will be in Groups of 6
Medic Rule:
Medic rule is being finalized, but medics will be allowed. Each team will be assigned a medic who will heal the players.
I have been brieflly explained the medic rule form OP: Kitty Paws will be either similar or the same. More details to follow on this.

Objectives of the game:
For each team, Allied Forces and OPFOR to take the enemy's base point (flag) While still holding their own, preventing the team from respawing the dead. And to destroy the remaining players. (This is where the Deathmatch and CTF comes into play)
Last edited by tommyboy on Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby tommyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:07 pm

Back Ground for the game:
I was inspired for this game after watching the movie 'We Were Soldiers' thought it would be fun

"This is a search and destroy mission. Allied Forces are to locate and eliminate an enemy division hiding in isolated woods. The woods are extremely isolated preventing moving in with land/sea vehicles. So the Assualt force will be Helo'd in.
The only available Helo insertion is a small field, so only 1 Helo can drop at a time (this is where the 6 man respawn comes in. respawns will be like a new fireteam being Helo dropped in) So it will be imparitive for you to take control of the LZ as fast as possible. Many enemy patrols are in the area and they most likely expect you, knowing there is no way to to get to them by any other means besides Helicopter.
Your mission to secure the LZ
Locate and destroy all enemy forces, if possible take prisoners for interigation
Locate and take control of enemy's base point
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Hoff » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:16 pm

This sounds like alot of fun. Should prove to be a very intense game. :)
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby tommyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:18 pm

if someone who was at kitty paws, in detail explain the medic rule to me it would be great
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Seagreen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:45 pm

The FPS limits appear to be lower than normal. What weight BB's are you using for the chrono?
Last edited by Seagreen on Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby tommyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:09 pm

Seagreen";p="24041 wrote:The FPS limits appear to be lower than normal. What weight BB's are you using for the chrono?

OK, what do you recommend as FPS limits
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Garrett » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:11 pm

400 for aeg's and 450-500 for snipers but thats just me.
Garrett
Specops
Specops

Postby MetraDirty » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 pm

400 for AEG's and 550 for bolt-actions, standard AP fps limits.
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Rhythen » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:39 am

From what I gatherd at Kitty Paw 24 that the medics on the none us force had stips of duck tape on them. About three each depending on the size on the force. But everyone on the non us team had them so everyone could heal everyone else. They didn't have signed medics. What you would do is have the tape like on your arm and if you healed someone (can't heal self) you would pull it off and slap it on thier back or chest or something just leave it of your arm. Or what ever you have set for that. But once they ran out of there strips of tape they were not allowed to reuse them. As for the US force we had two mash unites.... noramly a good ways away from the battle >.< that kind of sucked but the last round we had it close by :) Now when they died and if they waited thier 10 minutes of being a dead man they walked back to the CP. I don't remember if they were able to get new med packs (duck tape) or not. Can't remember. But that's my crapy detailed version of the Kitty Paw medic issue.
You don't know true pain untill you've been hit in the face with an apple...
Rhythen
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Rhythen » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:43 am

as far as the FPS lol I don't care I guess but I did like the 20 feet surrender rule in KP 24 lol my gun is all stock*sighs* so it's like shooting only at 260ish at the moment. I don't care about the FPS I guess just as long it's not like 3000ish mmmmm the real FPS on the m4 hehehe
You don't know true pain untill you've been hit in the face with an apple...
Rhythen
Grunt
Grunt

Postby tommyboy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:13 am

for those who have their guns upgraded, whats the FPS you have your AEG and sniper rifles set to. let me get a feel for what everyone has before I make a final decision. no point in saying yes 400 aeg fps rule, if no one even has it. so lets only hear from the guys who have upgraded guns.

and little sniper, please no comments from someone who allows a 400fps for indoor use.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nova » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:42 am

I marked this one on the calendar. I will deffinately be there.
Al Jerdaine?
Nova
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Airfox » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:46 am

Some stock guns come shooting at 400fps with .20BBs. I think 400fps is just fine for open field AEGs. Apply some common sense and everyone will be safe. See the link below for the G&P M4. I think you knock off around 15% fps if you shoot .25BBs.
http://www.precisionairsoft.com/item1127.htm
PS it is a nice AEG! I think all of the new CA and ICS are coming shooting around 360-390 stock. Those stats are from various web sites. You would have to do your own evaluations to be sure.
Airfox
Grunt
Grunt

Postby pea shooter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:56 am

this sounds like a blast. I loved the move to. :gaypride: i have to put that on there i think its funny as hell.
pea shooter
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games