[MISC] Summer Slaughter 5!

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:00 pm
Ends: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:00 pm
Duration:1 Day, 23 Hours, 0 Minutes

Re: Summer Slaughter 5!

Postby Jester316 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Nodachi wrote:I'm sure you know my feedback already, but maybe just a few simple rules for the shoot course. (Start line, starting gun position, semi/full auto, pistol vs rifle, etc...)

Easily one of the highlights of Saturday for me though, even in the form it was in. I usually compete against myself anyway, so it's not a big deal...

(I lie. I secretly wanted to get close to Scarecrow's awesome time.)

Thanks. I think next year I might make it an actual competition. With rules, and timers, and prizes!

I've been wanting to keep it open ended so that anyone can do it. Last year I initially set it up to be a 2 gun style course, but than people didn't have the 2 guns needed. Maybe next year I'll set it up and run in concurrent with all the other events so people can run through it all day.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Nodachi wrote:I'm sure you know my feedback already, but maybe just a few simple rules for the shoot course. (Start line, starting gun position, semi/full auto, pistol vs rifle, etc...)

Easily one of the highlights of Saturday for me though, even in the form it was in. I usually compete against myself anyway, so it's not a big deal...

(I lie. I secretly wanted to get close to Scarecrow's awesome time.)

Thanks. I think next year I might make it an actual competition. With rules, and timers, and prizes!

I've been wanting to keep it open ended so that anyone can do it. Last year I initially set it up to be a 2 gun style course, but than people didn't have the 2 guns needed. Maybe next year I'll set it up and run in concurrent with all the other events so people can run through it all day.

Jester and I have been talking about how to run this better. Ideally, next year we'll have the targets secured in a much better fashion so they don't fall off randomly (hopefully screwed into something). It's also nice keeping it semi-casual so that way people have fun with it.

I've had the idea of setting up a course where the shooter is driven (in a Jeep or Kabota/ something similar) through the target environment, which would be a lot of fun, but may be difficult.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Cosmos » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:08 pm

SUMMER SLAUGHTER 5 PHOTOS
I added the photos I took, to the existing gallery linked above. There are over 400 images! Feel free to use them as you wish as long as you don't directly sell prints for profit ;)

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
-Carl Sagan
Cosmos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pacman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:45 pm

That's a lot of photography! Thanks all for the good times and hard work.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Cyclops » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Anyone get photos of the blue team playing? Nice pictures cosmos but need a few of the blue guys too. LOL
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Cosmos » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Yeah there are more pics of yellow team but there are pics of blue team. I stopped counting after 25. I moved to different sections of the field and took pictures of who was there.

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
-Carl Sagan
Cosmos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tyrant » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

DRAT's video is now live on our youtube channel. Don't expect game footage, because DRAT didn't play. If you want random a$$ footage of the camping and trading area though, enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxbf1auNCPg
"Never Run With Scissors" Col. Jack O'Neill US Air Force......Two Ls
Tyrant

Team: DRAT

Postby MtekM3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Anyone have more pix or video? I'll upload my footage soon.
MtekM3
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games