[OP] CANCELLED - Entropy 3000

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Event Information (view in calendar)

Starts: Thu May 27, 2021 10:00 am
Ends: Mon May 31, 2021 1:00 pm
Duration:4 Days, 3 Hours, 0 Minutes

CANCELLED - Entropy 3000

Postby Norseman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Event Cancelled

3000 A.D. Earth is entering its final days......

As humans, mutants and cyborgs battle each other over what little resources the planet has left. All seeking to escape Earth and the growing red giant our Star has become. The last hope is Proxima Centauri C, a distant world in another solar system that is possibly “habitable” to Earthlings.

Before the Omega War in 2379 A.D. was fought between the UNSC (United Nations Space Command) and the Guaiwu Cybernetics Co. Ltd, a multi national space ark was partially built, but never completed. Designed to carry mankind into the stars and preserve our species forever. It was called the UNSC INTREPID 1. It’s location and condition are only known by the surviving UNSC factions. The Humans.

Now the year is 3000 A.D. and the hunt is on for escape and survival. Both Cyborgs and Mutants now search for the only ticket left off this rock. Only the humans stand in their way.... and each other!

The Omega War

The war that broke wars.

Positron Dynamics made a major breakthrough in weapons technology in which they successfully produced enough anti matter to invent a AMFB (Antimatter Fusion Bomb) pronounced “Am-fib” in 2350 A.D. This bomb required no fissile materials and no explosives. It did require a core of antimatter that was maintained at absolute zero Kelvin. The bomb was detonated by a Quantum Cascade laser trigger that started the chain reaction. The AMFB device was only the size of a basketball. But produced a blast zone 5x larger than the Tsar bomb or roughly 250,000 KT. This new weapon was the beginning of the end of civilization, as humanity knew it. It could be launched traditionally as a missile cluster war head. But could also be carried by large drones, robots, vehicles, small aircraft and even suicide bombers. Eventually as anti matter production increased and got cheaper, even large corporations could afford them. No longer were nuclear weapons only the domain of state actors.

Enter Guaiwu Cybernetics.... Heavily funded by the Chinese Communist Party at first. It’s main goal was to integrate soldiers on the battle field with a bio neural network that not only allowed them to relay battle field reports up the chain of command. But also real time medical stats of each soldier. As well as weapon and ammo status, food and water provisions and even PTSD monitoring and counseling. Not only could commanders see all of his soldiers on the ground. But each soldier could see and communicate with each other as well as support units, air and ground assets, medical officers, latest intelligence reports, etc.

This was facilitated by inserting a Quantum microprocessor into the brain stem of the recipient. Once the procedure was done it could not be undone. All the soldiers wore an advanced helmet with HUD and microphone. This HUD was connected wirelessly to the microprocessor in the brain stem. If a soldier wanted to communicate with his superior he simply had to think it. If a soldier wanted to access the latest known enemy positions on a grid map? He simply thought it. Dust off for wounded? Automatic, no thought necessary. Medical officers monitored each soldier’s medical stats in real time. Imagine a hive mindset. Everyone interconnected in real time. This was only the beginning. Then augmentation started later. Titanium reinforced arms and legs. Soldiers could run faster, carry heavier loads over longer distances. Kick and punch so hard that they could break concrete. Larger AI microprocessors that began to “help” soldiers “think” smarter, faster, deeper. This new AI could give statistics and probabilities of success to a soldier by accessing every know military engagement from the beginning of time, before his engagement ever began. The command structure began to be reduced and ultimately eliminated.

In time Guaiwu Cybernetics stopped serving the CCP. And the CCP started serving the Guaiwu Cybernetics.... all of China did. And then other East Asian nations fell in line. This army of cyborg supermen started leaving the United Nations military with fewer and fewer options on the table. Except ONE. Destroy the Cyborg threat once and for all or let it slowly consume humanity. They chose the former. Albeit the Cyborgs had a few of their own. Mushroom clouds surrounded the globe in one fatal moment of strike and counter strike. Most large cities ceased to exist that day. From Brussels to Washington to Beijing. The UNSC moved its capital to Cheyenne mountain in Colorado. The Cyborgs moved to an undisclosed secret island base in the South China Sea built by the Guaiwu Cybernetics Co. Ltd. It’s been a low intensity conflict ever since. With neither side gaining the upper hand.

Rise of the mutants.... after the Omega war. Tribes of survivors clawed for survival. Largely ignored by the Humans who have taken shelter underground. And by the Cyborgs who more resemble machine than man. Slowly their numbers have grown. With anti matter contamination zones slowly changing their DNA into something different. Maybe something better. As the sun slowly expands into a glowing giant red ball, the Earth warms, species go extinct, while others mutate the same as the people. Scorpions the size of German Shepard’s. Spiders the size of Volkswagens. Centipedes the size of buses. Mutants live off the land and take shelter in village forts during the night. They tell stories about a fabled ark buried in the mountains. An ark that will save them all from this wretched place....

-To be continued

May 27th - 31th 2021

May 27th
Registration
Briefings
Camp setup

May 28th,29th,30th
Game on!

May 30th
@dark “The end of the world” party

May 31st (Memorial day)
Awards ceremony
Camp tear down

////////////////////////////////////////////////

5 day LARP
$75.00
350 acres
Join a race!

Humans

Humans are the weakest race. But they are also the oldest and wisest. They are in quasi possession of the Ark. And they initially know the parts needed to complete the build and launch!
Uniform- Multicam, bump helmet, modern Army

Cyborgs

Cyborgs are the most technologically advanced race. With AI guiding them they don’t make mistakes often. Strong, smart, driven, they are a dangerous foe.
Uniform- Black, armor, sci-fi impression

Mutants

Mutants are survivors. Tribal, tough, resilient. They hunt their food when it isn’t hunting them. A face only a mother could love. Least technologically advanced. But although primitive they are resourceful. Don’t underestimate them.
Uniform- Earth tones, post apocalyptic, Island of Dr. Moreau, masks, deformities

Weapons

Airsoft weapons per Mountain Airsoft Ruleset

Foam weapons are in play, Star Wars light sabers are in play, rubber training knives are in play.

Vehicles

It’s encouraged for players to bring in game vehicles. Preferably decorated post apocalyptic or Sci fi vehicle.

Lodging

Players are encouraged to bring camping supplies and camp in the LARP! No one is allowed in other peoples tents please. PPE can be removed inside enclosed zippered tents.

Quiet time

Please be respectful of quiet time. Midnight til 8 A.M.

Game mechanics

Ark parts will be hidden around the field for anyone to find. Each team will need to find and assemble parts while in control of the Ark to be given new clues for new parts. The team that controls the Ark and assembles the final part will be able to countdown and launch the Ark into space!

Bazaar/Cantina

There will be a safe zone where races can intermingle together and buy things with in game money. There will also be a melee combat pit for settling old scores!

//////////////////////////////////

Volunteers are needed! NPC’s, Camp Hosts, Administration, Team Leaders, etc.

More information to follow!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Re: Entropy 3000

Postby Soda » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Super Excited for this game! I love the LARP storyline element to airsoft.
Soda
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Norseman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Nice! Which faction do you wanna join?
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Sniper02 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:26 am

I may have just missed it but I couldn't find the place it is being held. Do you know yet or are you still looking for a place to do it.
Sniper02
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Norseman » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:44 am

It’s a Mountain Airsoft event.

1865 Heidegger Rd.
Rice, Wa. 99167

350 acres
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:31 pm

We shared a little info about Mountain Airsoft in the October Monthly Update.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44397
Fast forward to about 40 second in.
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Norseman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Dennis - Crossbow wrote:We shared a little info about Mountain Airsoft in the October Monthly Update.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44397
Fast forward to about 40 second in.

Thank you!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ThatGnomeGuy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:38 pm

This looks INCREDIBLY fun. Was just enjoying some of the Swampsniper post-apocalyptic vids last evening.
The NOOBest of NOOBs.
ThatGnomeGuy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Norseman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:57 pm

ThatGnomeGuy wrote:This looks INCREDIBLY fun. Was just enjoying some of the Swampsniper post-apocalyptic vids last evening.

Praying for an early spring so we can get to work on the field! Lots of interest on this one!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Norseman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Mutant impression

Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ThatGnomeGuy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Norseman wrote:
ThatGnomeGuy wrote:This looks INCREDIBLY fun. Was just enjoying some of the Swampsniper post-apocalyptic vids last evening.

Praying for an early spring so we can get to work on the field! Lots of interest on this one!

Is there a contact person for (potentially ridiculous) questions about the event if, say, an interested party isn't on FB?
The NOOBest of NOOBs.
ThatGnomeGuy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sniper02 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:46 am

Norseman is one of the people organizing it so he would be the best that I know of to ask questions about the event.
Sniper02
Grunt
Grunt

Re: CANCELLED - Entropy 3000

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:33 am

I have been informed that Norseman had to cancel this event and will be stepping away from hosting. More info can be found on AP News http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44473

I was going to just delete the event, but then its gone forever and a lot of thought goes into Norseman's / Mountain Airsoft Events.
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CANCELLED - Entropy 3000

Postby Norseman » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Thanks for updating this Dennis.

It’s with heavy heart I have chosen to cancel Entropy 3000. I’m very sorry.

My back surgery was bumped back two months. And right now it’s infected. I’m on antibiotics and physical therapy, but cannot lift, yadda, yadda. So I should be out working on the field and I cannot. So there is no way I would have the field ready to go in time.

Secondly, about 30 people signed up to the 5 day event on 350 acres. We are pushing 2 months out. I think I was over ambitious with my planning. It’s way too big of a game design for that few of people. Players would have been getting little action with a lot of serious hiking over long periods of time.

I think the Moss clan is going to step back from hosting airsoft games in the future as well. I’ve met a lot of great players in the last 3 years and reconnected with old friends as well. It was great. I still wanna get out and play in the future. But Wyatt’s custom fab business is taking off and focus has shifted some what.

Lastly, Christine and I are moving to Newport this summer. My youngest daughter Kinzie and her family (Jared and son Copelan) are moving into this house. And Wyatt and his fiancé Hollie are living in mom’s old house where I was raised. It’s going to feel strange living off the ranch for the first time in 30 years for us as a couple.

Anyhow, thanks for everything Airsoft family! Take care!

Wade
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games