WTB mesh goggles

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby xps5000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Riddick wrote:
Renagade wrote:Yeah, and it happens more often if people are using bio BB's too. Mithos on OSK was the person I spoke of. His eye is fine but he said it hurt like a phony pony.

However he was wearing plastic glasses not mesh.

BIO bb's breaking could be an issue as their overall strength is not as well as other types of bb's.

Using mesh glasses are diffenately use at your own risk. I have been using a mesh pair since gallant saber 2 and I've had like 2 shots to the eyes in that time. Not one dent. Not one tear and no broken bb's but thats not to say that it cannot happen.

However... if more people started using this:

There would be less of a need for mesh. Best anti-fog solution there is. It really works. Been using that stuff for 3 years with great results.

They are one of sponsors at the BSP outbreak event and one of the raffle prizes is a 100ct box of fogtech wipes and some small boxes as well.

I've heard mixed things about mesh. obviously no fog is a plus but as with everyone else ive heard of bio-bbs fragmenting on impact occassionally(only takes one time to blind you). Im not gonna risk it but

I'm considering that fogtech stuff. I wear full seal tactical product group shooter goggles and they are really nice, comfy, and sturdy as hell but they fog like crazy(I live in VA its humid as hell out here). I tried the dish washing fluid method and it works great until the little beads get not so little(instead of fog the water condenses into little beads so its not as hard to see) Is that stuff really that good and would i be better of with wipes or the solution itself(i carry a leapers scope cloth in my tac vest so application wise it doesnt matter im talking performance)
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
xps5000
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Nocte » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:18 pm

I use mesh all the time. Never had debris from impacted bbs come inside. Not even a tiny little piece. Every time I take them off I look for it, and I never see anything. Not even once.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby shogun » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 pm

i have been using fogtech on my wileyx sg1's for the last year, it works like a champ.
shogun
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby xps5000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Awesome. I think I'm going to get the fluid for before games and some wipes to carry in my vest.
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
xps5000
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:51 pm

xps5000 wrote:Awesome. I think I'm going to get the fluid for before games and some wipes to carry in my vest.

Fogtech is spendy but is diffenately the worth while investment. Best anti-fog solution. I thought about selling it cuz I am a dealer for them but allot of people are too cheap to buy it..

If more people were interested in it I would supply at the games..
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby shogun » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:04 pm

the bottles are cheap, i paid 15$ for the bottle +15$ 2 day shipping to get it to me before op solomons pass, i use it at least once a week, and i share it with like 4 other people on a regular basis... i have about 1/3 of it left it juts keeps going and going and going.
shogun
Specops
Specops

Postby Riddick » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:16 pm

shogun wrote:the bottles are cheap, i paid 15$ for the bottle +15$ 2 day shipping to get it to me before op solomons pass, i use it at least once a week, and i share it with like 4 other people on a regular basis... i have about 1/3 of it left it juts keeps going and going and going.

$15.00 to me or you for a bottle maybe be cheap but when I tried selling it before all I ever heard was how expensive it was and no way.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Elijah » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm

why not just pick up a ESS turbo fans? yea those are kinda spendy but for the long run, I've been told they are the best day goggles. I'm tempted to pick up the G&P micro fan kit and get a Arena Industries or another goggle to install it to.
Elijah
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Knuckles » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm

Those things will turn your contact lenses into shrinky-dinks. Be careful.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Elijah » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:32 pm

the turbo fans? well i don't wear contact lense or any glasses.
Elijah
Ranger
Ranger

Postby shogun » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Riddick wrote:
shogun wrote:the bottles are cheap, i paid 15$ for the bottle +15$ 2 day shipping to get it to me before op solomons pass, i use it at least once a week, and i share it with like 4 other people on a regular basis... i have about 1/3 of it left it juts keeps going and going and going.

$15.00 to me or you for a bottle maybe be cheap but when I tried selling it before all I ever heard was how expensive it was and no way.

i know people are cheapasses! what can you do. If you ever start to carry it again let me know, id rather buy it local than from some online store
shogun
Specops
Specops

Postby captainpoe » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:39 pm

The best place i got a pair of mesh goggles is from skyline NW. hear is the web site i got my goggles from.

http://www.skylinenw.com/shop/shopdispl ... ght+Shield

i e-mailed the co. about airsoft and the FPS and they sad the 20 psi goggles would work fine. ive been hit many times in the goggles and only have min effect and no chipping. as for indoor comps. i havent had any hits but i might go with the 30's, but out of all the goggles out there ive seen, the bugzz have been the the best over any other brand.
captainpoe
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Doss » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:06 pm

The Sight Shield DOES NOT pass ANSI Z.87 .
White Trash Caveman Keyboard Masher
Doss
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality