question

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

question

Postby supporter » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 pm

Gentlemen,

I am thinking of trying to find an abandoned building somewhere in Arizona, and hosting a CQB event from that building. I know I would have to do a lot of work to make that building safe, away from the people, and all of that, but my main question is what would I have to do to be able to use that building? What kind of permits/licenses/whatever else do I need to 'rent' the building?

Thanks in advance
supporter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Knuckles » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:33 am

Uh, expressed written permission from the owner/lienholder. Event insurance (which you'll NEVER get), permission from the local law enforcement officials, public notices posted, and an act of God.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby MunkyMo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:55 am

Be careful little man. Just because you think the building is abandoned does not mean that the owner does not watch his property.

If you can get permission from the land owner (I would suggest getting that in writing) and have him approve of a waiver for people to sign then you should be ok.

If you step foot on that property with out permission you run the chance of getting arrested and you will put one hell of a black eye on the sport.
MunkyMo
Squad Eidolon
http://www.eidolonsquad.com/forums

"I am sorry if you think you are being intentionally an a$$. In reality you are being Unintentionally an idiot" -Me
"Airsoft is a fashion show. And I'm a Diva." -Taknopotin
MunkyMo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:37 am

Without permission from the landowner, its trespassing.

Check out Chapter 15 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, before you just go wandering around other peoples property.
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby supporter » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:27 pm

I'm not going to go wondering into a building and start airsofting. That is why I am asking what I would need in order to host a CQB event.
supporter
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Safety/Legality