Chipped Teeth

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Trojan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:52 pm

That must have really hurt. I've taken a couple of springer shots to my braces, but nothing has been taken out. Now I always wear a ski mask. May not be the best protection, but it'll hurt a bit less.
Trojan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby jAy-Ay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:02 pm

This has been a phobia of mine lately, seems more and more people have been posting about this happening. Since I don't have insurance that would cover my teethe (only catastrophic health insurance) I have been looking for a mouth guard that doesn't get in the way too much. I think one of those thin clear ones like the "invisible braces" would be enough and not inhibit communication too much. I haven't been able to find one yet though.
jAy-Ay
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Unfortunately, those Invisalign braces don't provide much impact protection. You would think something designed to realign teeth would be rather protective, but they're not really. Getting hit on braces might still transfer enough force to crack the tooth in the brace.

The problem I have, and many people have, with balaclavas is that they tend to fog goggles, and for guys like me, they hold too much heat in. I've yet to find a balaclava or skimask that I could wear comfortably for more than a few minutes. I have my Navy-issue skimask somewhere, but it doesn't have any cloth over the mouth.

the simplest advice I can give is this: Keep your mouth shut. If you have to get on the radio, or need to communicate, turn your mouth away from the major lines of fire. Find a good piece of cover (big tree, large rock, ditch), hunker down like a jackass in a hailstorm, and do what needs to be done.

However, since thats not always the best option, or even an option, here's a few things you might look into.

Seirus Neofleece Comfort Masque

Seirus Neofleece Combo Scarf which adds some neck protection.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Junto » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Tip: DON'T SMILE WHILE TAKING FIRE.

God put your lips there for a reason.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby jAy-Ay » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:28 pm

I usually keep my mouth shut just to keeps my goggles/glasses from fogging. I am under the impression most people get teeth shot out when yelling something or talking. Has anyone got a lower tooth shot out, seems the upper ones are at more risk?
jAy-Ay
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Junto wrote:Tip: DON'T SMILE WHILE TAKING FIRE.

God put your lips there for a reason.

I don't. I laugh maniacally when I'm returning fire.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Reyna » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:28 pm

jAy-Ay wrote:I usually keep my mouth shut just to keeps my goggles/glasses from fogging. I am under the impression most people get teeth shot out when yelling something or talking. Has anyone got a lower tooth shot out, seems the upper ones are at more risk?

My lower right, yeah, stinker hurt.
"What do you want for Christmas Little boy?"
"A RANGER TAB MOTHERF**KER!"
--
"RANGER THAT!"
Reyna
Ranger
Ranger

Postby spaz21387 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:54 pm

I lost a tooth too but mine was due to my friend being stupid. Hes a marine and on leave at the time. And the night before it happened it was at an big skirmish with some friends. Anyway i pulled the mag out of my ak and disconnected the battery and left it sitting in the corner of my room. The next morning at like 8 he comes over. And i wont get out of bed so he sees my ak in the corner. And i fall back asleep maybe 10 minutes later after he figured out how to hook up the battery. He starts dry fireing it at my chest. Nothing came out. So he points it at my face. There was one bb left inside. And it fired and i opened my eyes and noticed something white on the pillow. First Im thinking oh thats just the bb that hit me. And then when i start to wake up i relize that it was my tooth. He said he was going to pay me for all the costs too. He never did. I got 100$ from him. Luckly i was still covered by insurance. So the bill only came out to 500. Before insurance my rootcanal and crown would have cost 1800$. Im still down 400$. That root canal hurt like hell even though they numbed it I still felt everything.
Next time ill trap it with bananna shaped explosives, They stop theves, Monkeys, And Monkey thieves all in one
spaz21387
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Novoselic » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:10 pm

spaz21387 wrote:I lost a tooth too but mine was due to my friend being stupid. Hes a marine and on leave at the time. And the night before it happened it was at an big skirmish with some friends. Anyway i pulled the mag out of my ak and disconnected the battery and left it sitting in the corner of my room. The next morning at like 8 he comes over. And i wont get out of bed so he sees my ak in the corner. And i fall back asleep maybe 10 minutes later after he figured out how to hook up the battery. He starts dry fireing it at my chest. Nothing came out. So he points it at my face. There was one bb left inside. And it fired and i opened my eyes and noticed something white on the pillow. First Im thinking oh thats just the bb that hit me. And then when i start to wake up i relize that it was my tooth. He said he was going to pay me for all the costs too. He never did. I got 100$ from him. Luckly i was still covered by insurance. So the bill only came out to 500. Before insurance my rootcanal and crown would have cost 1800$. Im still down 400$. That root canal hurt like hell even though they numbed it I still felt everything.

Holy crap, at least it didn't hit you in the eye, that would be really bad. Still sucks though
Novoselic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby BattlePope » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 pm

Funny this got bumped, I got half of one of my front teeth blown out at the south coast skirm a couple days ago.
BattlePope
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Raging Hormann » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:36 pm

I got shot right next to the eye, but nothing so severe as a tooth being shot out. I pray it never happens!
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby dumbass » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:26 am

like the other guy said,don't smile :p
ive been shot many times on the lips.
hurts like hell !
dumbass
Grunt
Grunt

Previous