Minimum safe location?

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Minimum safe location?

Postby Othium » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:33 pm

I have been shamed for plinking around my house (I live in a woodsy area w/ no neighbors). Now i understand that airsoft is not a public sport i.e. no parks and no public land. If i get into a shoot out with my friends when they ambush me @ my house is that dangerous? Again, We are not in view of the closest public road or of any neighbors. I can not see how that would be stupid, especially when people who act high and mighty about it denounce me as a candidate for Darwininan law (cold).

If most feel its not a good idea then i will ask my friends to stop for safety reasons. Either way, if someone does get upset that i do this, what about all the photos of airsofters on many other forums wearing their gear and brandishing their guns with the green suburbs or the neighbor's house in the background? If my topic is seen as offensive or naive then so should those photos.
Othium
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Knuckles » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:38 pm

You want me to post photos of dumb-fucks that have jumped off of a bridge?

Think about it. If the act in question SOUNDS like it's stupid...and LOOKS like it's stupid...it's PROBABLY pretty stupid.

Your particular question can be answered with: "Please stop wearing your a$$ like a hat and behave like an adult."
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:50 pm

How much property do you own. 8 acres? 16 acres? You should be fine with that much. Are you outside of city limits? You're fine.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

I knew it!

Postby Othium » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Ugh. I dont mean disrespect nor do i want to get into a pissing contest, but Knuckles your reply doesnt really do your last sentence justice. I was asking the question in all seriousness since i have never been part of a larger airsoft community other than my friends. But applying your thoughts, no it doesnt seem stupid so i wont say anything.

CommieHunter I live on about 10 acres. As for city limits, yes its out towards a small town called Mulino. Gotta drive a while before u get close to where i live from town(s).

I want to be part of a larger community but I dont appreciate sarcasm on a topic as touchy as this.
Othium
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Beran » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:04 pm

if its out in the boonies and nobody can see it, i don't see a problem with it. just don't shoot your eye out, and make sure whatever neighbor you do have know whats going on.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Knuckles » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Jumping out and shooting an unsuspecting person with a replica firearm does not seem stupid to you?

Forget about neighbors and passers by and consider eye protection and personal safety for a second?

How about the very most basic gun safety principles?

I don't think you can fabricate an argument that will lead me to believe you were acting in any way, whatsoever, like an adult.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Othium » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:27 pm

thx Beran will do.

Hmm, never saw it that way Knuckles, since its all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Gun safety principles? Um.. better google those. And no, I/we aren't acting like adults. Fabrication is not my skill. We are mostly a collection of ages 20-22 yr. Mexicans who think replica firearms are cool and rough house alot. As for unsuspecting I kinda expect it somedays when the weather is nice and its friday, so much that i carry goggles and a GBB (yes in a case) in my trunk. But after reading some of the stickes on safety and legality i see now that the junk-in-the-trunk is not a good idea. But im glad for the feedback, this helps alot. THX.

WARNING!! YOU HAVE SWITCHED TO MANUAL BREATHING.
Othium
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Osmo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Let's review:
-It's never ok to point, much less fire, airsoft replicas at anyone without eye protection or who is not involved in battle simulation.
-Replicas should be transported inside marked cases out of reach (in the trunk of a car or back of a truck).
-Replicas should never be in public view (unless extensive measures have been taken ahead of time to avoid misunderstanding and law enforcement has been notified).
Osmo
Ranger
Ranger

Team: APST

Postby Quick Draw » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:58 pm

I really hope this is a joke, I really do.

Osmo C wrote:Let's review:
-It's never ok to point, much less fire, airsoft replicas at anyone without eye protection or who is not involved in battle simulation.
-Replicas should be transported inside marked cases out of reach (in the trunk of a car or back of a truck).
-Replicas should never be in public view (unless extensive measures have been taken ahead of time to avoid misunderstanding and law enforcement has been notified).

Well said.
Quick Draw
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Safety/Legality