persricption safety glasses

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

persricption safety glasses

Postby anubis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:53 pm

i've been airsofting for 3 and a half years and as a mechanic my regular glasses are Z87.1 saftey glasses but they have no side protection. does anyone know somewhere in the portland vancouver area that sells safety glasses simular to regular shooting glasses.

why do i ask

do to size and an uncurable fog condition, (yes i've tried every de fog spray there is) i cant wear googles over said glasses.

any information is useful
myth busted
anubis
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby FishSlapRepublic » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:10 pm

try getting some mesh goggles from andy & max 's Or you could use a custom fan to put in your goggles. I have seen some guys that use those but its a little expensive. My take go with the mesh.
One mag one kill.
FishSlapRepublic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Knuckles » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 pm

You can also get some wrap around perscription eyewear. I know MACK has some bad-ass Oakley frames with perscription ANSI safety lenses. Depending on your eyewear benefits (if you have them) you might be able to get your insurance to pick it up for your annual benefit. My personal plan gives me 3 frames and 2 lenses every 12 months. I just got some safety back-up prescription glasses myself. I had to pay about $40 over my benefit to cover it, but I am guranteed to have something I can see out of and use if my contacts fail.

Only one set of peepers...protect them.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Bubba » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I have a pair of prescription Wiley-Xs that I'm happy with as well.
Bubba
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Chewie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Try Crown Optical & Safety. I went through them to get my eye protection, Adidas Evil Eye Pro with Rx inserts. They've got a great selection for safety eyewear, I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for safety eyewear. Whether they need prescription or not.
Address is:
2933 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214
503-232-5006
Teal'c: I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello.
Chewie
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Safety/Legality