Insignia ranks

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Re: Insignia ranks

Postby Sleepy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 am

Mulisha Mitch wrote:Insignia Ranks?

Sniper Bait!

I know that. The reason why many combat units do not wear rank insignia in the field is because any decent enemy combatant that can recognize rank insignia is going to pop a few rounds off in the direction of the guy with the railroad tracks on his collar.

And, I can bet you anything, for the time where ST15 will be wearing regulation uniforms, I'll be getting shot at alot because I'll be wearing railroad tracks on my collars. It's just going to happen that way.

In my mind, so long as you don't act like a total douchebag in the uniform, do your own thing. The second you try to pass yourself off as Colonel Mitch, Delta Force Sniper, well, stand by to stand by.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Team: N/A

Postby Mulisha Mitch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm getting a general patch, just cos that will be hilarious

General Mitch Mitch Lolz
Airsoft drama is teh Ghey

Rogue Mulisha
Mulisha Mitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Mulisha Mitch wrote:I'm getting a general patch, just cos that will be hilarious

General Mitch Mitch Lolz
Well, since you're a Militia . . . . or because you (or whoever you're taking the spelling from) cant spell a 'mulisha", you're authorized a couple generals, a few colonels, and a grip of Lieutenant Colonels.

I've never seen a Private in a state-level private militia . . .
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Mulisha Mitch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:50 pm

Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I wrote:
Mulisha Mitch wrote:I'm getting a general patch, just cos that will be hilarious

General Mitch Mitch Lolz
Well, since you're a Militia . . . . or because you (or whoever you're taking the spelling from) cant spell a 'mulisha", you're authorized a couple generals, a few colonels, and a grip of Lieutenant Colonels.

I've never seen a Private in a state-level private militia . . .

We decided on Mulisha so the county or W/e people wouldn't freak out

We are all overlords on our team with one peon
Airsoft drama is teh Ghey

Rogue Mulisha
Mulisha Mitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tanto » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:14 pm

I originally had an idea of how our rank system would go...

Me-Captain (as team Captain)
1 2nd Lt
1 1st Sgt
2 Msgt
and others SSgt and privates

However, when Mav was righting his Senior paper, I magically became a Colonel and 90% of the team were officers.
Check out Trip' Tango, the youtube based airsoft tactics guide. http://www.youtube.com/user/TantoLL
Tanto
Ranger
Ranger

Team: LL

Insignia

Postby Wandering Gunslinger » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am

I know I'm new to this but this is something i and others like me feel strongly. I have been a Marine for over 5 years. The question should not be if it is legal or not, but if it is right. Many people have fought and died wearing those uniforms and insignia. Those of us that have been able to return, find it distasteful that people that have no idea as to what the uniform means are wearing it. We as Marines go through a lot to earn the right to wear our Eagle Globe and Anchor. The uniforms and insignia have a deeper meaning then most people understand. I understand that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" but some things are sacred, to those of us that have paid full price for the right to wear it. I don't want to offend anyone just stating my and a small majorities opinion. I appreciate the honor and respect that all of you intend by imitation just please remember that it means a lot to some of us. Thank you for your time.

Wandering Gunslinger
Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Wandering Gunslinger
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Kilo 1-1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:16 pm

And for that very fact Gunslinger is why i ware Civilian version MARPAT, i haven't had the honor of going through USMC Boot their for have no right to ware the EGA. Rank insignias though are used not only by military but Para-Military organizations, Law Enforcement, etc. When i was in a different police program my rank was Lieutenant, I still have those butter bars and if or when i get a team going if i deem it proper or appropriate to use them again, i might. I understand the significance of these rank insignias and Its my feeling that as long as you don't claim to be anything more than an Airsoft Team, and use them proper, their is no Honor lost.
Andrew
Kilo 1-1
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality