Goggles vs. Shooting Glasses

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby terror management » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Garrett wrote:well said matt.
I also have to agree with this
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Hoff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I cannot wear goggles... They just fog too horribly. Then I can't see anything and run into stuff.
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby Raging Hormann » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:46 pm

[derail]Buttsex and farts [/derail]
I personally have an affinity towards ballistic goggles. Such as Wileys, Oakleys, and others of the like. I would prefer to own some rather than my JT Paintball mask(Wiley SG-1 please!), but due to my current lack of moneys and being a college bound senior it's kinda hard.

Keepin' it real.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby incubus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Nocte wrote:
"this crap" is about a (questionably) valuable topic getting discussed in a thread that has little to do with the game the thread was supposed to be about. If someone derails a thread with content of value, it gets split off. If it get derailed into buttsex and farts, it gets deleted. It happens every day, I'm not sure why you're picking this one to get confused about it. Maybe the mods aren't the retarded ones. ;) -Nocte

My apologies for poor work choice. I'm just tired of reading one thread + getting lost because I have to find another thread, then read that one to understand the first. This was just one of those many threads, so I said something about it.

PS - don't insinuate that I'm a retard. You're a mod, you should know better than to start shit with people ;) :rollseyes:
Ohm Mani Padme Hum
incubus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Norseman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Maybe that has changed, but I haven't seen any movement from the ASTM so I doubt it.

No it hasnt......

If any of you would like to see what a fully insured and compliant airsoft game looks like..........here yah go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-BjFe3o6o

Dave Dollarhide is the only OP coordinator in the nation that I know of, that requires a paintball mask. He is also the only one that is COMPLYING with his airsoft (paintball rider) insurance policy.

I HAVE found a event insurance company that does recognize that its a airsoft game, and fully understands what that entails, and is willing to sell a 2 million dollar general liability policy. If any of you would like their contact info, shoot me a PM. I'd gladly pass it on.

In the UK you can find airsoft insurance that doesnt require a face mask, unfortunately I've never found one willing to sell their policy to an American.

Right now airsoft is a clique per say, and since everyone knows everyone, we can afford to be abit "stiff necked" about compromising our "values" concerning our sport. But with it growing, and new blood coming into the sport, that sees it in a different light. Some day, some where somebody is going to get sued. It's just bound to happen.

Within the last week I think I've seen a glimpse of the future of mil/sim anyhow. Eye protection may become a non issue.
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:01 pm

Norseman wrote:Eye protection may become a non issue.

Because you'll be either unconscious or dead.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby White_Knight » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:30 pm

[quote="Norseman]Within the last week I think I've seen a glimpse of the future of mil/sim anyhow. Eye protection may become a non issue.[/quote]

Care to elaborate?
"Aim small, miss small."
White_Knight
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Norseman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Sure.

http://www.spokaneairsoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5303

(Let's not hijack this thread though)
Norseman
Sponsor