A brief restatement of policy

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby john boy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Ollie Twist wrote:
mcnair wrote:So you're saying that if we have alcohol the night before an event, we should exclude those under 21 from camping? As that's the only time I know of alcohol at events in the last few years.

That would be a serious buzzkill. But if it is for the greater good...
This coming for a 15 year old..
john boy
Specops
Specops

Team: RAC 5

Postby Crusader 6 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:19 pm

john boy wrote:
Ollie Twist wrote:
mcnair wrote:So you're saying that if we have alcohol the night before an event, we should exclude those under 21 from camping? As that's the only time I know of alcohol at events in the last few years.

That would be a serious buzzkill. But if it is for the greater good...
This coming for a 15 year old..

Unless I am mistaken, he would be referring to the camping, not drinking.
Crusader 6
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Eyes On » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Look, I have no intention of asking for or supporting a change in the way we do things at camp outs. I'm just asking those attending to please abide by our simple rules.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby Little Brelinski » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm

sure i cant drink, but really i would not even if i could. think about it, who the hell wants a hang over when you are running around in the field?
as far as temptation...its always going to be there. if people are stupid enough to act on it then just kick them off the field. tell them they are not welcome to anymore games and do not refund thier money. i will be hella pissed if some dip shit little 15 or 16 year old kid desides to break the rules and as a resolt(spelled wrong i know) i cant kick it with some of my older friends before a game, hell camping was almost as fun as the game itself. hell next time ill volinter to go around and make sure that there is no bullshit goin on, ill kick the little shit heads off the field my self.
come on people how hard is it to follow the rules?
dont ruin it for others cause you are insecure about your self and cant handle yourself arount temptation.
hell i have thrown partys that lasted 2 days and i didnt touch anything. its not that hard.
Veni, vidi, vici
"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Black Sierra Group
Little Brelinski
Grunt
Grunt

Postby john boy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:52 am

I make a motion.
1) We ask all event site owners, who we will be spending night at, what their rules are on Alcohol use on their property.
2) If minor/minors are in attendance at an event that has camping. We as a community, Host/Production Company, Property owners state that alcohol will not be allowed on the site premises. Violators of the rules will be asked to leave/put on restriction/or kicked out of the community.
3) If the community wants to have a "Wet" event. the land/property owners agrees to having alcohol on site. Then minors will not be allowed to stay the night.

It looks like this going to start become an issue. To what happened at "Fractions", I have no clue. But we better nip this in the butt now or it will get worse. The costs will be greater..
john boy
Specops
Specops

Postby john boy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 am

Just a reminder about alcoho laws in Oregon

Oregon law prohibits anyone, except a parent or legal guardian, to provide alcohol to a minor or juvenile. A minor is any person under the age of 21 and a juvenile is any person under the age of 18. Parents or guardians may legally provide alcohol only to their minor child in a private residence when accompanying their child. A parent cannot transfer this responsibility to another adult or to a public place. If you allow your property and/or home to be used for a party where minors consume alcohol, other than your children in your presence, you may have to forfeit property and may be issued a citation to circuit
court.

ORS 165.805 Misrepresentation of age by a minor
When minors misrepresent their age, they purposely are not truthful about their age to prevent being in violation of the law. They are referred to juvenile court or cited into Circuit Court. The minor will be fined and must wait up to one year to obtain a driver license. (Class C Misdemeanor)

ORS 471.430 Minor in possession of alcohol
When minors are in possession of alcohol, they are either holding the alcohol, have consumed the alcohol, or attempted to purchase. They will be referred to juvenile court or cited into circuit court. The minor will be fined, driving privileges will be suspended for up to one year, and/or the minor will have to wait up to one year to apply for a driver
license. Juveniles may be sent to an alcohol education course. (Class B Violation)

ORS 471.610 Confiscation of liquor and property
When any officer arrests a person for violating a liquor law, usually selling and/or serving without a license, the officer may take into possession all alcoholic liquor and other property used for the event. Other property that can be confiscated includes: bars, glasses, chairs, tables, music devices, furniture, and equipment. This property is forfeited
to the state of Oregon.

ORS 471.620 Property or places subject to confiscation
Any room, house, building, boat, structure or place of any kind where alcohol beverages are sold or given away in violation of the law shall be subject to confiscation. Anyone who maintains or assists in maintaining such a place, violates of the Liquor Control Act.

ORS 471.410(2) Furnishing alcohol to a minor
No person shall sell, give or make alcohol available to a minor. Aparent or legal guardian may provide alcohol to their child in a private residence. If you provide alcohol to a minor, you will be cited to appear in circuit court. (Class A Misdemeanor)

ORS 471.410(3) Controlling an area where minors are permitted to consume alcohol
It is illegal for someone exercising control over private real property to allow any person under 21 to consume alcohol on the property. It is also illegal to allow any person under age 21 to remain on the property if they have consumed alcohol. Private real property may include a hotel room, camp site, or any rented/leased location. If you control an area where minors consume alcohol, you will be cited into circuit court. (Class B Violation)

ORS 471.565 Licensee, permittee and social host liability
As a social host, if you serve visibly intoxicated patrons or guests, you are liable for damages incurred or caused by the patrons or guests away from your home.

ORS 471.567 Liability for serving minors; liability of a minor for misrepresentation of age
As a licensee, permittee or social host, you are liable for injuries caused by a minor who obtained alcohol beverages from you when you did not properly check for identification. Minors who misrepresent their age and
cause a licensee to be fined or have a license suspended or revoked, are civilly liable for damages sustained by
the licensee.
Last edited by john boy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
john boy
Specops
Specops

Postby Little Brelinski » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:00 am

i thought that the only problem at factions was the guys sneaking off to get high.....i dont remember any under age drinking going on. that is one of the resons i was a little shocked at the way this turned. it started with gunny re-stating the rules.
Veni, vidi, vici
"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Black Sierra Group
Little Brelinski
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:08 am

I don't like the idea of making camp outs 21+. Than lots of people will feel alienated and not want to attend events. To stop the theft of alcohol, lock it in your car. If you want to share it, go ahead, but make sure the person is over 21. If it becomes a real problem, why not set up a "bar". Anyone who brings alcohol, gives it to the bartender and they are responsible for it (I can see the "bartender" being someone from the event staff). As someone caught in the middle (21 in 4 months), I think it would be a very bad move for the community to make camping 21+. I can see 18+ for certain reasons.

It really sounds like alcohol wasn't the problem, more that there were illegal drugs being used on premises. That should not be allowed, in any form. That person should have been forced to leave, no money given back. They should not be allowed to attend any other events. Illegal drugs are just that: illegal.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby john boy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:21 am

I should of read gunny's post a little closer.

Well you know my thoughts about alcohol.

Drugs, really, you couldn't of kept it at home. You had to bring it to a camp out event. How bleeding selfish of you, whoever you are. This could/can cost us the whole game. I don't care if you think it should be legalized or you carry a card saying that you smoke boat load of it. The truth is, that it is illegal.

This can cost Riddick his business and reputation, also effect those who have backed the event or any other event in the future. If I was Riddick, I would be witch hunting right now. Trying find out who this was and kicking their a$$ out of this community. Then possibly getting the civil authorities involved.

This also needs to be nipped in the a$$. This can become a big problem especially with those parents of our minors who think that they going to a safe and secure camp out.

Nice, real nice...
john boy
Specops
Specops

Postby Junto » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:12 am

john boy wrote:I make a motion.
1) We ask all event site owners, who we will be spending night at, what their rules are on Alcohol use on their property.
2) If minor/minors are in attendance at an event that has camping. We as a community, Host/Production Company, Property owners state that alcohol will not be allowed on the site premises. Violators of the rules will be asked to leave/put on restriction/or kicked out of the community.
3) If the community wants to have a "Wet" event. the land/property owners agrees to having alcohol on site. Then minors will not be allowed to stay the night.

It looks like this going to start become an issue. To what happened at "Fractions", I have no clue. But we better nip this in the butt now or it will get worse. The costs will be greater..
#1: Ollie Twist is the most solid 15 year old on AP. I'd like to get him and Smith to go head to head in maturity battle with Kahuna and Rampage23576 in a maturity battle. I'm sick of this age bullcrap when it's not the real issue.

#2: Alcohol isn't the issue that sparked this thread. I was unaware of any underage drinking at Faction Wars. That leaves marijuana, which is illegal anyway. Blaze at home, or not at all.

I move to disregard this motion on a basis of irrelevance.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Knuckles » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:19 am

john boy wrote: ...Then possibly getting the civil authorities involved...

Again, it's a Class C Misdemeanor in the State of Oregon. "Involving Authorities" for some guy burning a joint in the woods is like calling the cops about a dog shitting on your lawn (also a Class C Misdemeanor).

Watch how fast they respond to apprehend those evil-doers.

Moreover, MIP is ALSO a Class C Misdemeanor. Underage drinking has occurred every single time I have attended an AP camp out.

john boy wrote:...I don't care if you think it should be legalized or you carry a card saying that you smoke boat load of it. The truth is, that it is illegal.

No, it's not.

ORS 475.300 to 475.346 are intended to allow Oregonians with debilitating medical conditions who may benefit from the medical use of marijuana ...ORS 475.320 Limits on amounts possessed. (1) A registry identification cardholder or the designated primary caregiver of the cardholder may possess up to six mature marijuana plants and 24 ounces of usable marijuana.

Your ignorance is dangerous.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Eyes On » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 am

See, this is exactly what I DIDN'T want this thread to turn into.

It's like this. There's no reason to get the police involved. It's private property, and prohibit them from participating in the game... without a refund. They can leave when they are no longer impaired.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 am

the legality is not the issue here, the issue is this community has deemed it hazerdous to gameplay and our rule set. we as a community pride ourselves for saftey first and honor second.

so if you value your position in the community, try to refrain from shitting on it by breaking a very simple rule.

there is something to be said for those who lay low, and keep thier personal dealings outside of this community, and there are those whos camo just wont work in this environment. which one of these best describes you? i know of a few people who have outted themselves within this community, wether intentional or not, and i have seen it adversely affect their credability, personality, and playablilty upon the field.

god forbid someone shot another someones tooth or eye out and was known to be useing on the field or at the game, how would that make you feel....and on the other hand how would you feel if you were on the field and got injured because of someones selfish carlessness. i know that i couldnt live with that, not with as much energy and time i have put into this community.

so with all the cops and robbers talk, and legality issues or medical issues aside, this community does not want the liability of this type of personality on the field, and i can understand why, cant you??

with that said, i choose to uphold this rule, not disregard it.

that is my last .02 cents on this subject.

any minors who are reading this thread, and think smoking pot is "cool"....its not, trust me its not. being a addict or addicted to anything is far from cool....it says, "this substance rules my life and i am not strong enuff to defeat it." and that is not cool at all, infact its the greatest weakness i hope you never have to face, leave that demon for your former generation to fight.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 am

Thread locked. Like Gunny said, this is not a thread to debate legality or right/wrong, it's simply a reminder of the rules after an event. That's it. It seems like this has served it's purpose. Rules are rules, promoters have them for a reason, follow them.
Matt

Team: APST

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality