Getting a field legally approved

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Getting a field legally approved

Postby kozzie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering who I have to contact to get a field legally approved. The area is in Oregon City (clackamas county) The area is mostly woods with a big clearing and out of the view of the public. I was hoping your guys could help me getting this place approved.

Thanks for all your help in advance
kozzie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby SoundOnly01 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Do you own the land? If you do, I don't think there would be anyone other than yourself to get it "legally" approved. (What exactly do you mean by Legally?)

If you don't own the land, you would have to find out who does and contact them about use.

//EDIT

A thought occurred that if you do own the field and want to set up a game, you should notify the police and possible surrounding neighbors of what you're going to do. That way, people and police aren't alerted by a bunch of people in military gear carrying weapons.
[Image in Printing]
Kurier = Kenneth = Sound Only
SoundOnly01
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Aeacus » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:13 pm

There is only one team that I know of that can legally play on a public field within city limits. They have expressed permission by the Army Corps of Engineers, who manage the land that they play on, and they also contact dispatch every game day. They also had many officers who volunteered their time to maintain team cohesion and to make sure the rules were followed down to the dot. I was such an officer, my title of safety officer involved calling dispatch, and briefing all of the players before a game. The dispatch center knew me by name, all it took was a quick salutation and what time we were going to leave. The locals are also aware of what is going on and know not to venture into the woods.

They were only able to accomplish this with very firm rules written and established by the team, it also helped that various members were members of the police force and local government.
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

Postby kwood007 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:19 pm

SoundOnly01 wrote:Do you own the land? If you do, I don't think there would be anyone other than yourself to get it "legally" approved. (What exactly do you mean by Legally?)

If you don't own the land, you would have to find out who does and contact them about use.

//EDIT

A thought occurred that if you do own the field and want to set up a game, you should notify the police and possible surrounding neighbors of what you're going to do. That way, people and police aren't alerted by a bunch of people in military gear carrying weapons.

I agree with this
Speak softly but carry a big stick
-Theodore Roosevelt
kwood007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kwood007 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Aeono wrote:There is only one team that I know of that can legally play on a public field within city limits. They have expressed permission by the Army Corps of Engineers, who manage the land that they play on, and they also contact dispatch every game day. They also had many officers who volunteered their time to maintain team cohesion and to make sure the rules were followed down to the dot. I was such an officer, my title of safety officer involved calling dispatch, and briefing all of the players before a game. The dispatch center knew me by name, all it took was a quick salutation and what time we were going to leave. The locals are also aware of what is going on and know not to venture into the woods.

They were only able to accomplish this with very firm rules written and established by the team, it also helped that various members were members of the police force and local government.

And I agree with this and hope to be playing on that field soon
-Theodore Roosevelt
kwood007
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kozzie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:07 pm

No I do not own the land I have checked on Google map and It appears that no body dose own that land. I'm just looking for a safe place that clackamas county(and other) airsoft will be able to work on tactics. With out anyone being harmed or killed. Anymore info would be really help full like who i would have to call to get this all set up.

Thanks again everyone.
kozzie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby quigly » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:40 pm

you could call the state, maybe. my friend found land that was unowned and he called the state and got permission to use the land.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Geschutz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 pm

There is an area of land sota plays on. I had the contact the city of camas. And along with the department of fish and wildlife. Also contacted the local game warden and the camas police. After all their permission we play without worry. I might add that this land is not within city limits and is on a blm road. Just make sure you cover all your bases.
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby kozzie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Ok thanks for the tips. See my big is we are in city limits. and I'm thinking cause we are we my not get it approved. But all they can say is no.
kozzie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Geschutz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:57 am

Usually outdoor airsoft and city limits do not mix!
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby kozzie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:11 am

Yeah I understand that. But I have no idea how far I would have to go to get outside city limits. In Oregon City.
kozzie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby kwood007 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 am

I have no idea ether i can look into if you want me to
-Theodore Roosevelt
kwood007
Soldier
Soldier